Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/11/2019-3/17/2019 – Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 231 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Hacksaw 2 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 232 total)
  • Author

Participant

Jared.

Nuff ced

As always, “and Ted Kennedy didn’t?”  ;-)

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Respectfully disagree to Lefty’s assessment.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Jared.

Nuff ced

I think I said that yesterday, as well.

I wouldn’t mind seeing the Wharton School’s admissions paper trail under the “T” file.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

I found the fraudulent athletic scholarship stuff weird, but I guess that was the guy’s entire scam and way to get the kids into the schools. Sounds like an upscale coyote/snakehead operation for college.

I can’t believe that the schools seem to be getting a pass. Their administrators and admissions “experts” didn’t know that they accepted SallyLou, all 4′ 7″ of her, with a basketball scholarship and that once enrolled, she quit the team?

How can a school claim to be both “highly selective” in its admissions policy and also deaf, dumb, and blind as to how those policies are operating?

1 user thanked author for this post.

GusChiggins
    Participant

It was a smart play by Zidane. Real has a lot of money to spend and now he will have a big say in who comes in. In the past Real went for names and worried about fit after the fact.

Participant

Dear Lou Merloni,

Brandon Bolden’s athletic career was everything your’s wasn’t.

I don’t believe the Pats kept Brandon around for 7 seasons because he was Tom Brady’s caddie.

GFY, DIAF or on a hill.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

It was a smart play by Zidane. Real has a lot of money to spend and now he will have a big say in who comes in. In the past Real went for names and worried about fit after the fact.

that last sentence is “The Bedard Method”

Lebron
    Participant

Tyrell Williams to the Raiders joining Antonio Brown.  I’ll laugh when the Patriots break their own record for most rushing yards in an NFL season.  Then Brady throws for 450 and 6 TDs in the Soupey.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Happy Eighteenth Birthday, Wayne!

From the week of March 9-15, (Monday through Weekend thread.)

‘callahardfoul’, on 13 Mar 2009 – 1:20 PM, said: WHAT IS BILL DOIN?!!!!!!!! THE PATS ARE LIKE CIRCUIT CITY OVA THEYA. YOU GO IN TO BUY A REMOTE CONTROL FOR YA KIDS BIRTHDAY AND THEN YOUR BITSH WIFE CALLS YOU ON THE PHONE SIX TIMES LIKE WHERE ARE YOU WAYNE IS ACTING UP AND HE WANTS HIS FATHA AND I CAN’T CONTROL HIM AND THEN YOU LET IZZO GO JEZUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

‘Marty Nopointe’, on 13 Mar 2009 – 1:30 PM, said: 😆 perfect

‘Scott@PD’, on 13 Mar 2009 – 1:32 PM, said: I admit it – I’ll use “Wayne is acting up and he wants his fatha” often.

‘Ed Hillel’, on 13 Mar 2009 – 2:16 PM, said: a remote for ya kids birthday 😆

‘Marty Nopointe’, on 13 Mar 2009 – 2:25 PM, said: I am still laughing about that

‘Ozzy’, on 13 Mar 2009 – 2:28 PM, said: 😆 😆 😆

‘Ed Hillel’, on 13 Mar 2009 – 2:42 PM, said: I love how he says that it’s like Circuit City, but never really explains why. 😆

‘Ozzy’, on 13 Mar 2009 – 2:44 PM, said: The kid’s name being “Wayne” just fractured me for some reason. 😆

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Lebron
    Participant

I’m not much of a traditionalist but the ACC tournament in Brooklyn isn’t ever going to sit right.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I’m not much of a traditionalist but the ACC tournament in Brooklyn isn’t ever going to sit right.

Completely agree but happy to get it out of effing Greensboro (even Charlotte this year is better than that).

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

It occurs to me now that maybe Dottie wanted Augie to buy a remote to control Wayne, not their Magnavox.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Wayne may be taking a gap year.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Claude45
    Participant

Good luck to Durant and Kyrie if they join up in NY. Dolan’s an idiot.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I would love to hear Dale interview Teresa May.  “Not much happening in Parliament today, huh?”

Lebron
    Participant

The ACC in Brooklyn just seems weird.  Too bad the old Omni in Atlanta wasn’t available, I think they held it there in the early ’80s.

Lebron
    Participant

Good luck to Durant and Kyrie if they join up in NY. Dolan’s an idiot.

That Oakley exchange and then having Latrell Sprewell sitting next to him the following game should have gotten him a one way ticket to Belleview.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

callahardfoul, on 03 Feb 2010 – 12:40 PM, said:
    MICKE!!!! DID YOU SEE THOSE PICSHAS OF FARF? FIRST WHAT BODY PART IS THOSE??? SECOND THATS WHY HE IS A WARRYA. I BET MOSS WOOD ONLY TAKE PHOTOS IF SOMEONE STOLE HIS RAIDA CAP WITH GRASS IN IT AND HE WANTED TO POST A THNG FOR A REWAHD. THATS LIKE WHEN MY KIDS BIRD NAMED GALARAGGA NAMED AFTA THE FAMED SLUGGA LEFT HTE HOUSE AND I PUT UP A REWAHD SIGN ON ALL SORTS OF TELEPHONE POSTS. ONLY PROBLEM IS I DIDNT HAVE A GOOD PIC OF GALARAGGA SO I JSUT PUT UP A PICHSA OF A REGULA BIRD JSUT SO EVERYONE WOULD GET THE IDEA. THAT FEATHAD FCUKA NEVA SHOWED BACK UP AT OWA HOUSE AND NOONE HELPED. PROBABLY CUZ THE REWAHD WAS DOTTIES TUNA MAC AND CHEESE FOR A WEEK. SPEAKIN OF TUNA CAN WE GTE HIM BACK SINCE BILL OBVIUSLY WANTS TO GO BACK TO THE GYANTS OR MAYBE THE CHEEFS????

callahardfoul, on 16 Feb 2010 – 1:40 PM, said:
    REISSARONEY HOWSABOUT THOSE OLIMPIKS. I FEEL BAD FOR THAT LUGIE WHO DIED BUT NOTHIN GOOD COMES FROM SLEDDIN ON ISE. DOTTIES FRIENDS FROM BOOK CLUBS HUSBANDS BOOKIE CARMINE THE FISH AND ME (I?) WENT SLEDDIN WITH DIET BUDWIZAS UP AT TRULL BROOK TWO YEAHS AGO IT WAS ALL ISE AND LONG STORY SHOAT HIS WORKAS COMP ATTURNEE SAYS IM A WITNESS. ALSO WHY ARE THE PATS SO KWIET???? IF IT WER ME I WOOD SAY SIGN WILFOAK TRADE FOR PEPPAHS AND MARSHILL FROM DENVA TRADE MOSS FOR PICKS TRADE MARONEE FOR PICKS DRAFT JESUS TBONE TO PLAY ACHEBACK AND RUN WILDCAT NOW AND AGEN SIGN HARRYSON BACK FAH LEDASHIP TRADE BELLYCHECK LIKE PARCELLS GOT TRADED FOR PIKS TO CHEEFS AND DRAFT GYM CLOSET FROM NOTER DAM TO TRADE HIM FOR PARCELLS FROM MIAMI HES NOT EVEN COACH SO WE SHOOD BE ABLE TO GET HIM FOR NEXTA NUTHIN. ITS THAT SIMPUL TO GET BACK TO REARSPECTABILITY.

callahardfoul, on 19 Feb 2010 – 1:33 PM, said:
    REIS CUBE!!!! DID YOU SEEN TIGA TODAY AT HIS PRESSA? SECKS ADDICTION IS A REAL THING AND I THINK I HAD IT ONCE AFTA SEEIN THIS FILM NINETWOFIVE WITH DOLEE PAHTON EXCEPT IT WAS JUST WITH MYSELF. THE URTH SHOOD TAKE IT EAZY ON TIGA NOWON GETS ON SLICK WILLY BELLYCHICK WHEN HES JAWBONE DEEP IN HIS JAJA GABORS FRONTYAHD. AND TIGAS WON MORE CHAMPIUNCHIPS THAN BILL. AND I BET IF IT WAS UP TO TIGA WE WOULD SIGN VINNY WILLFOAK BECUZ HE IS THE BACKBONE AND HAHT AND SOLE OF OWA DEFENSE. AND TIGA NOES WHAT HE DID WAS RONG. I BET BILL STILL WANTS TO GO FAH IT IN INDEE ON FORTH AND THE DOOSE. IF HE PUNTAD WE PROBUBBLY WOODA WON THE SUPA BOLE SPEAKIN OF HTE DOOSE GOTTA GO.

callahardfoul, on 22 Feb 2010 – 1:57 PM, said:
    REISSOSOLEES TRIANGLE!!!! I BET VINNYS PISST ABOUT BEIN CHISED. HES A GOOD GUY HE DONT DISSURVE THIS TREETMENT. I REMEMBA I MET HIM ONSE AT CATHAY PERL AND I WAS LIKE YO VINSE WHATSUP HOMEDOG WANNA ROLL AT HIP ZEPPY AND BUY SOME FLY THINGS??? NOW HE CANT BUY NUTHIN WITH THIS UNDOPE TAG. LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO ARSEANTE WHO EVEN GOT THAT CRAZYWHACKEDFUNKY TATTOO SAYIN GET PAID THEN HAD TO GET RIDDA IT WHEN THAT WHITE BOY JACK MICKMULLIN TOLD HIM ABOUT THIS TIZZAG. WHY DOES BILL WANNA KEEP MY BACKSTREET BOYZ DOWN IN FOCKSBURRO? NOW MY HOMEBRO RANDEE IS KICKIN THE BULLISTIKS ABOUT HOW THE PATS DONT PAY NOWON AND HES STRAYT DOWN DROPPIN SYENSE. SORRY IF YALL DONT NO THE LINGO MIKEY ITS NEEGRO HISTARY MUNTH AND IM JUST KEEPIN IT REEL.

callahardfoul, on 25 Feb 2010 – 09:18 AM, said:
    REISS-T!!! I SEEN THE PATS SINED PATENT TO A CONTRACT. ITS GOOD TO HAVE THE ADMIRUL BACK I CALL HIM THAT BUT AINT HE RETIYAD??? I MEEN MAYBE THE SOX CAN SINE TOAD BENZINGA AND THE CELTS CAN SINE DETLEFT SHRIMP AND THE BROOINS CAN SINE A LEMYOU. ITS GOOD TO REMYNISS AND ALL I WISH WE STILL HAD VRABES AND BROOSKI AND CASTLE AND ASSAUNTY BUT WE TRADED THEM ALL AWAY FOR THE ONLY THING MOAH ENTISING TO BILLY THAN A CLASSY CAN JOB WHICH IS A SEKUND ROUNDA. I MEEN BILLY IS PROBABLY DOIN THE HORRYZONTUL HULA WITH MORGANA TEH KISSIN BANDIT BUT THINKIN ABOUT PICK NUMBA THRUTYNINE TO GET THINGS GOIN IN THE SACK. OWA ONLY SHOT TO GET A GOOD PLAYA THIS YEAH IS TO TELL HIM THAT THEY MISNUMBAD THE PICKS AND THAT PICK NUMBA 22 OR WHATEVA WE HAVE IS REALLY IN THE SEKUND ROWND WHICH IS BELEEVABUL BECUZ IT BEGINS WITH A 2.

5 users thanked author for this post.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I’m not really sure why this college bribe stuff is a big deal. I get that it’s ripe fruit for idiots who make a living in the media. But if someone wants to buy their way into college or a job, why is it illegal?

What gets me are that people are shocked (SHOCKED I TELL YOU) that this goes on. This happens every day everywhere. The way they’re running with it one would assume a Pats player was somehow involved.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

callahardfoul, on 05 Mar 2010 – 1:59 PM, said:
    REISSREISSBABY!!! JASUN LOOKINFORYA IS REPORTIN THAT WE MITE GET PEPPAHS! I SAY LOCK HIM UP CUZ FREEKS LIKE THAT DONT COME ALONG EVERYDAY. I MEEN THE LAST TIME I SEEN A FREEK THAT NUTS WAS MUNDAY WEN I LET DOTTIE INVITE HER GUY FREND WALT OVA FAH DINNA. LET ME TELL YA THAT GUY HAS A FACE FAH PAPABACK LITTERACHA. PLUS HE LOST AN AHM FROM A GO KAHT ACCIDENT. MAYBE HE SHOOD GET SINED BY THE PATS TOO. THEN THEY COOD PLAY FREAK LIKE ME BY ADEENA HOWAHD EVRYTIME PEP OR WALTA GETS A TAKLE. OR THEY COOD PLAY LETS TALK ABOWT SEX BABY AND SAY ITS BY WALT AND PEPA. QWICK QUESTION WHY DO THEY CALL IT FREE ASIANS SEEMS KINDA RACISHT PLUS ITS MOSTLY COLLARED FOLK AT THIS POINT.
    – – –
    callahardfoul, on 11 Mar 2010 – 11:13 AM, said:
    REISS PUDDING!!! I HEAHD THE JETS GOT CROMARTY. I GESS BILL DIDNT WANT HIS PRO BOWL PLAYIN SKILLS CUZ OF ALL HIS ILLOJITIMIT KIDS. LET ME TELL YOU SOMTHIN THATS REDICKULESS. BRADYS GOT LOTS A KIDS JUST BECUZ HE HAS THEM WITH GORJUSS BABES ITS OK. BILL WOULD NEVA SINE ME I GESS SINCE MY LAST KID WAS BORN LOOKIN LIKE DARTH VADA WHEN HIS HELMET CAME OFF IN ROTJ. I BET I COOD OWTPLAY MOSS AT THIS POWNT THOUGH SINCE AT LEAST I CAYAR. BRADY WOOD BE LIKE BALCK 59 RAZOR THEN I WOOD BE LIKE GET OFF ME REEVIS AND DO A CUT THEN BRADY WOOD PORPOISELY UNDATHROW IT AND ID GO BACK AND GET IT THEN PUT LIKE FIVE HEADFAKES ON THAT JETS WHITE GUY SAFETY THEN GO TO THE HOWSE. THEN I WOOD HAND THE BALL TO A CRIPPUL TO BE NICE AND BLOW A KISS TO DOTTIE THEN DO THE DERRICK LOW SALOOT WHERE HE INVITES THE OTHA TEAM TO PERFORM PHILASHIO ON HIM. ANYWAYS QUICK QUESTION WHY DO THEY ALL WEAH CLEETS STILL I THOT FEELD TURF MADE THEM OBSAULEAT?
    – – –
    Lebron 01 Aug 2013
    WF has issues with Revis there was the Revis one either in this thread or the main page with “ID BE ALL I PLAY FOR THE PATS BITSH THEN WHEN WE PLAY ID SAY I SKIPPED THE GAME AND FLEW EARLY TO INDEE” that had me rolling for days.

callahardfoul, on 20 Nov 2009 – 12:34 PM, said:
    MIKRICE!!!! WAS THAT YOU ON THE STEREO WITH REEVES TODAY??? WHEN HE WAS LIKE DO YOU KNOW FOOTBALL YOU SHOULDA BEEN LIKE YEAH DO YOU THEN HE WOULDA BEEN LIKE YEAH I PLAY FOR THE JETS IN THE NFL WHAT DO YOU DO THEN YOU COULDA BEEN LIKE I PLAY FOR THE PATS BITSH WHAT POSISHUN ARE YOU THEN HE WOULDA BEEN LIKE SHUTDOWN CORNAH THEN YOU COULD BEEN LIKE SO WHAT I PLAY TUCHDOWN MASTA. WHAT CULD HE SAY TO THAT???? PROBUBBLY NUTHIN. THEN WHEN THE GAME STAHTED SUNDAY HE WOULD TOTALLEY BEEN LOOKIN FOR YOU BUT YOU COULD BE LIKE IM IN INDY WE PLAY THERE EVERY YEAH SO I JUST STAY THEYAR FOR OUR GAME. THEN IN REAL LIFE YOU COULD GRUB OUT ON ALL THE PIZZER BAGEL IN HTE PRESS ROOM WHILE HE GETS COLOSSALLED BY MOSS. I DONT KNOW WHY YOU DIDNT THINK OF THAT.
    – – –
    callahardfoul, on 16 Mar 2010 – 11:14 AM, said:
    REISS CAPAIDS!!!!! ITS MAHCH MADNESS TIME BABEE!!!! I LUV THE DYPA DOODOOS AND THE SUPA JUNYAS. WHO YOU PICKIN TO GO ALL THE WAY??? I GOT CAROLINA ALL THE WAY BABEE THEY WIN IT EVRY YEAH I WISH THE PATS COOD BE AS CONSISTINT AS THEM. I LOVE HOW ALL THE GUYS TRY INSTED OF DOGGIN IT LIKE MOSS. IF I EVA MET MOSS ID BE LIKE WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS DOGGIN IT MOSSY AND HED PROBABLY BE LIKE MY SHOLDAS HAVE THE WAIT OF THE WORLD SO ID BE LIKE YEAH I CARRYED LIKE 6 CASES OF POLISH SPRINGS CUZ OBVIUSLEE FREE GODDAM TAP WATTA AINT GOOD ENOUGH FOR DOTTY BUT I KEEP GOIN TO WORK EVERY DAY EXCEPT PABST BLU RIBBON DAY WHEN ALL MY PALS FROM LOCAL GET TOGETHA AND WE DRINK AS MUCH PABST AS POSSIBLE UNTUIL TEH LAST ONE PASSES OUT EVERY THURD WEDNESDAY OF EVRY MUNTH. HE PROBLY WOODNT HEAH ME ANYWAZE BECUZ HED HAVE HAVE GHETTO BLASTA HEADFONES ON. I ALSO LOVE ONE SHININ MOMENT ALTHO I HEAHD MONTROSS DIED AND NOW MOANEEK IS DOIN IT.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Bruce, on 16 Mar 2010 – 11:53 AM, said:
    98.5 vs WEEI
    http://bingobar.blogspot.com/2010/03/985-vs-weei.html

InThisTown, on 16 Mar 2010 – 12:05 PM, said:
    That’s just awful. Forget the D%C love, this was the most egregious line:

Quote- The credibility factor for 98.5 goes up quite a bit in the mid-day.

Feejis, on 16 Mar 2010 – 12:08 PM, said:
    I tried. Between the formatting and the grammar, it’s pretty much unreadable.

InThisTown, on 16 Mar 2010 – 12:12 PM, said:
    I mean, batshiit crazy.

Quote-

* If 98.5 has money, they could pony up for some personalities that’ll draw a charge out of the masses. You tell me — who wouldn’t want Bob Neumeier back on the airwaves. He was great on radio. What about Ron Borges? You want controversial — everyone hates Borges because of his Belicheck-hating, but he has the credibility, and knowledge that really makes for the best radio. Remember the Patriots drug scandal after the 1986 super bowl — the way my father tells it — Borges broke the story. Now I remember the story — but I was 14 at the time — so I wasn’t reading the Globe on a regular basis my freshman year in high school. With all due respect to Toucher and Rich or Tanguay and Zolak, but wouldn’t you be more intrigued by some of these personalities… they’re legendary, they’re credible, and they’re from the region.

Here’s a look at names that would draw very good attention:

Bob Neumeier — He was loved by radio listeners back at 850. No question he’d bring legitimacy to 98.5. He could name his time slot and it would do well

Ron Borges — Say what you want about the anti-Belicheckisms, he knows football cold. He’s forgotten more things than the current beat guys know.

Kevin Paul Dupont — If you’re going to hang your hat on hockey — there is no better hockey man in the area

Bob Ryan — You may have over-dosed on him as he is in a lot of media outlets, but he is also a hall of fame boston reporter

Jackie Macmullen — As knowledgeable about the C’s past and present as anyone out there

Gordon Edes — Still working the Red Sox beat

Mike Reiss — Has become the man plugged into the Patriots for quite some time

Curt Schilling — Opinionated, accomplished and capable of talking more than baseball — even if it is politics, and Iraq — he’d still draw attention

Peter Gammons — I would have to think he’s been approached already — as he could probably have a radio show at the snap of his fingers — Gammons is retired from reporting — but still lives in New England

Dennis Eckersley — When he did color commentary while Remy was on leave, Eckersley was a pure treasure

Charlie Pierce — Has authored a Magic Johnson book, authored Tom Brady’s “Moving the Chains” — that’s inside information right there — and has been a part of sports reporting for a long time

Bob Lobel — After watching John Dennis and Bob Neumeier transition from television to radio, there’s no question the sports anchors make it look easy —

InThisTown, on 16 Mar 2010 – 12:15 PM, said:
    Bob Gamere – successfully made the transition from Candlepins for Cash to getting shanked in the plate shop. A surefire addition to any radio lineup.

TwoTimes, on 16 Mar 2010 – 12:18 PM, said:
    All that list is missing is “Pete Sheppard – At least he keeps the show moving and seems to like sports.”

Kevin, on 16 Mar 2010 – 12:26 PM, said:
    That’s funny when you think about it. He lists just about every media member of the past 30 years, including a couple of guys who I think might be dead, and not one Pete Sheppard mention.

Major Intangibles, on 16 Mar 2010 – 12:20 PM, said:
    Clark Booth– 98.5 could use a loquacious curmudgeon, and would work for tapioca cups. And like my dad may know things in sports that happened before 1990.

callahardfoul, on 16 Mar 2010 – 12:26 PM, said:

Here’s a look at names that would draw very good attention:

Bob Neumeier — He was loved by radio listeners back at 850. No question he’d bring legitimacy to 98.5. He could name his time slot and it would do well

Ron Borges — Say what you want about the anti-Belicheckisms, he knows football cold. He’s forgotten more things than the current beat guys know.

Doug Flutie – The guy is a lightning rod for little people issues. You want to call someone a midget, get ready for an argument.

Aaron Sele – The master of controversy. The guy could get Switzerland to take sides.

Mickey Curley – College hoops is as hot as ever, and this guy has absolutely nothing going on in his life whatsoever and is always available. He played hoops.

Nancy Kerrigan – Think you know all there is to know about women’s figure skating during the three year hiatus between Winter Olympics? Think again h-mo.

Bill Simmons – The guy knows the NBA like the back of another man’s arse. Don’t let the prepubescent confused twelve-year old at summer camp’s voice fool you, this guy loves writing about MTV.

Jody Reed – A virtual powderkeg of explosive inside information regarding the steroid era and how to avoid involvement in it at all costs, including his livelihood.

Ted Johnson – Mr. Concussion. One minute he is telling you how to read an offensive play out of the 3-4 defense, the next he’s pontificating on how the earth is spinning out of control towards the Sun.

Kevin, on 16 Mar 2010 – 12:28 PM, said:
    I was going to write that we couldn’t script a funnier blog post, but callahard seems to have done so. :lol:

Brian
    Participant

Jared.

Nuff ced

The Obama family tennis coach was implicated…Nuff ced.

InThisTown
    Participant

The famed slugga  :lol:

2 users thanked author for this post.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Predictable and Sublime all at the same time.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Predictable and Sublime all at the same time.

Nuf ced.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar