Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/11/2019-3/17/2019 – Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 231 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Hacksaw 2 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 232 total)
  • Author

jforb
    Participant

Predictable and Sublime all at the same time.

Let’s see calla top that.

Participant

🎼Bravely General Gerry

Rode forth from Wingo Square,

He was afraid to die,

Oh brave General Gerry,

He was really afraid

To be chased by Nancy’s brothers

Brave, brave, brave, brave General Gerry🎼

@GerryCallahan 23 hours ago.  I was there. Nancy’s brothers chased me out of 30 Rock after the show because I had written some critical columns about her. Crazy night https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1105443657019199489

Lebron
    Participant

I can’t remember if it was calla hisself or his Wayne’s Fatha persona that had the dream about a cat surfing.  I also recall him making an inappropriate joke toward a nun or some religious type at his kid’s school.

Lebron
    Participant

Must have been Gerry’s warmup for his eventual Erin Andrews material.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I can’t remember if it was calla hisself or his Wayne’s Fatha persona that had the dream about a cat surfing. I also recall him making an inappropriate joke toward a nun or some religious type at his kid’s school.

MYYYKE! THIS GUY BORELAND IS A REAL HERO. I WISH I CUDDA SUMMONSED THE STRENTH TO HAVE HIS CURRAGE. I REMEMBA WHEN MY LITTLE CUSIN BARROLD (MIXED PARENTS) SHATTAD A SCROTI WHILST PLAYIN T & C SURF ON THE NINTENDO MACHINE. FROM THAT DAY FORWID I VOWED NEVA TO SKATEBORD ON THE FREEWAY. ALAS EIGHT YEAHS LATA BARROLD DIED WHILE SURFING IN A TUXEDO WITH A CAT MASK. IRONY YOU AH A FICKLE MISTRESS. SO ANYWAYS MYKE WHEN YOU FOLKS HAVE YA MEETIN CAN YOU PLEASE TELL KRAFT TO SINE SOME GUYS PLEESE. RITE NOW IM PANIKIN SINCE WOODY AND ROSS AND REX HAVE ALL SINED ALL THE BEST GUYS AND BORLAND IS HANGING IT UP AND I HAVE IT ON GOOD OTHORITY FROM A SPANYARD I KNOW THAT THE PATS HAVE PLENTY OF CAP SPACE. QWICK QWESTYUN 5 WURDS OR LESS HOW DOES THE CAP WORK?

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lefty

Great finish, but Toronto blows the chance to gain ground on the Bruins and loses at home to Chicago.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Looks like Dorsett back on a one year deal.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Day 2 here at Fenway South was a good one.

– Got to see Betts take BP. He, Benetendi, Devers, Bogaerts, JBJ, Holt, Leon, Moreland and Swihart are all business out there. They signed autographs at the end. Jr. got two autographs from Betts. Devers was the only one that seems to not be signing (That’s ok).

– Dwight Evans and Tommy Harper were working main roster outfielders. Evans looks like he is great shape.

– Chris Sale basically went looking for every kid to sign and take a selfie with they said he got about 40 kids today. Lead the workout with pitchers

– Asked our guide how Is Yaz when he is out here “He doesn’t like being bothered”.

– saw Remy pregame and was moving slow we waved to him and he waved back.

No visuals on Price, Pedroia and JD Martinez.

Great experience here. Going home tomorrow.

10 users thanked author for this post.

NASCL
    Participant

9 users thanked author for this post.

Claude45
    Participant

I think the big mistake Huffman and Loughlin made was they wrote off the payments as charitable donations on their taxes. So I guess you just can’t always write it off.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Gambino boss whacked.

Whacking a boss, Donnie!  That’s another thing I get left out of.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Today I learned there’s a college OT named Kobe Buffalomeat. I hope he becomes good enough to make the NFL.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Do you suppose NFL teams will shy away from drafting DB Greedy Williams because of his expected 2023-24 salary demands?

:smile:

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Do you suppose NFL teams will shy away from drafting DB Greedy Williams because of his expected 2023-24 salary demands?

:smile:

That’s what killed the hopes of the FS out of Yeshiva Jewey Jewman, 4-5 years back

Suzy
    Participant

I think the big mistake Huffman and Loughlin made was they wrote off the payments as charitable donations on their taxes. So I guess you just can’t always write it off.

Badass Carmela accomplished what they did (but much more quietly) with her ricotta pie.

Participant

In other Organized Crime news.

A Scatino style bust out at Toby Keith’s at Gillette?

To find the Foxboro stuff scroll down the paragraph titled “Tawny Costa downplays ties to Capri”.

https://www.azcentral.com/in-depth/news/local/arizona-investigations/2019/03/13/mafia-frank-capri-behind-rascal-flatts-toby-keith-restaurant-failures/2337607002/?__twitter_impression=true

“Look Tony, I’m not saying Jonathan couldn’t have outfought Frank Capri, but I’m not, not saying it.”

“Mike, who do they think they are down there Hyman Roth?”

“I wouldn’t go that far Tony but like Hyman they both Robert and Jonathan enjoy watching the football in the afternoon.”

“90 Seconds, no commercials – Jim Murray tells you how much the Godfather movies sucked.”

Participant

Badass Carmela accomplished what they did (but much more quietly) with her ricotta pie.

Thornton Melon and Dean Martin came up with this over 30 years ago.

Lebron
    Participant

Gambino boss whacked.

Whacking a boss, Donnie! That’s another thing I get left out of.

What do those guys do anymore?  I guess there’s still busting open parking meters.  Actually, that’s all credit cards nowadays too.

jforb
    Participant

Gambino boss whacked.

Whacking a boss, Donnie! That’s another thing I get left out of.

What do those guys do anymore? I guess there’s still busting open parking meters. Actually, that’s all credit cards nowadays too.

International money laundering. Or coaching tennis.

GusChiggins
    Participant

I see Mr. Woah is working on his Dale Arnold routine

The #Jets have released RB Isaiah Crowell, given the addition of some other big-time RB they signed that you may have heard of.
    I hope Crowell outproduces Bell.

Lebron
    Participant

I’m going to miss the year off we had from hearing how Bell is such a unique runner what with his amazing patience and all (jerkoff motion).

5 users thanked author for this post.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I’m too lazy to look myself but how has the Bell camp spun the numbers such that they can claim victory after leaving nearly 15 mil on the table last year?

Participant

I’m too lazy to look myself but how has the Bell camp spun the numbers such that they can claim victory after leaving nearly 15 mil on the table last year?

I’m assuming Florio got this from his agent?

Le’Veon Bell’s foray into free agency was a bust, but he still emerged with $5 million more in fully guaranteed money than he would have gotten last year https://wp.me/p14QSB-aVhs

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Rumor is that Brady’s extension is basically done but unofficial, which means the team knows they will have quite a bit more cap room than the official Miguel-approved public numbers at the moment.

Lebron
    Participant

It’s great and all that he saved himself a year of NFL pounding, but it was also one of his prime years.  Who gives a fuck if he hangs on for one more year at the back end of his career?

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar