Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/11/2019-3/17/2019 – Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 231 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Hacksaw 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 232 total)
  • Author

Feejis
    Participant

It’s great and all that he saved himself a year of NFL pounding, but it was also one of his prime years. Who gives a fuck if he hangs on for one more year at the back end of his career?

Sure seems like he was basically saying he didn’t want to be in PIT anymore and wasn’t going to give them the benefit of the wear and tear before he hit the market.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Should we not support in principle any players who take a “Fuck the Steelers” stance, a group which now includes the best three players of their last 15 years in James Harrison, Leveon Bell, and Antonio Brown?

1 user thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

Agreed Mis. Next year has the potential for the Steelers to be out of the playoffs thanks to the Browns, to be followed up with the Pats being the first team to 7 titals.  Spread it on

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Should we not support in principle any players who take a “Fuck the Steelers” stance, a group which now includes the best three players of their last 15 years in James Harrison, Leveon Bell, and Antonio Brown?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Fauria and Merloni at about 4:45: “McDaniels must be pulling his hair out! ‘They’re gonna do this to me again? They’re gonna make me work with a bunch of rejects and Week 5 pickups to patch up this offense?'”  “It’s obvious that Bill will only spend money on defense! They go get Michael Bennett but the offense just keeps losing guys! “Don’t forget: they lost Trey Flowers on defense too!” “How can they put us through this again.”

And this is after a Super Bowl championship.  :wall:

Me at 4:46: “Adios, m-th-rf-ck-rs!!” (Click.).

I suppose they’re pulling this nutty over signing Ellington instead of Golden Tate. But what makes Fauria, of all people, think that McDaniels isn’t part of the decision-making regarding free agency? From what we’ve seen of Belichick in NFL Films, decisions like this are made with the coaching staff, Caserio, and the pro scouting people in the room, taking part in the discussion. The thought that the offensive coordinator has no role in these decisions is absolutely ludicrous.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Tate 4/37.5 with 23 guaranteed from the Giants.  Hard pass.

Lebron
    Participant

It’s almost as if they don’t have 12 draft picks next month.

Lebron
    Participant

Lori Loughlin can kiss that Hallmark money goodbye.  Probably had like 10 of those Christmas movies lined up.  My mom will be pissed.

Feejis
    Participant

Tate is going on 31. So is AJ Green. So was Beasley.

Humphries will be 26 next season.

Kinda makes a difference in terms of long term and/or big $ you want to commit at that position.

Not that those guys can’t play, but you don’t win by paying older guys big money at WR.

Big Fat O
    Participant

It was not better down the dial. The way Felger was talking opening day was Sunday. Day 2 of the league season and it’s been declared a disaster. Coach Betard is not impressed either.

TEC has really gone to the dark side. Guess his latest has Gronk retiring since there are not receivers on the team.

Gimp
    Participant

Kind of dig the headband look on Jayson Christ

Hacksaw
    Participant

Kind of dig the headband look on Jayson Christ

Any relation to Jesus?

Yahtzee
    Participant

I guess Zion is okay.

Coma
    Participant

Tate is going on 31. So is AJ Green. So was Beasley.

Humphries will be 26 next season.

Kinda makes a difference in terms of long term and/or big $ you want to commit at that position.

Not that those guys can’t play, but you don’t win by paying older guys big money at WR.

I freely admit that I don’t follow the league as closely as I did 10-15 years ago, but I had no idea who Adam Humphries was until Monday. Now, I’m supposed to believe that the Patriots will be hamstrung next year because they didn’t sign him? If they did sign him, the narrative would be “It’s arrogant to think that just because players like Wes Welker and Julian Edelman worked out, some guy from Tampa Bay is going to step in and duplicate what they did. And where are the big receivers?” Maybe Bruce Ellington will be the next great slot receiver and the media assumed it had to be a white guy.

Coma
    Participant

Volin had a nice “Mittens Moment” today, tweeting that Allen Bailey and Trey Flowers had the same body type. They aren’t Nate Solder and Dion Lewis different (Bailey is an inch taller and 25 lbs heavier), but I’ve never heard anyone say they looked alike. When he was called on it, Volin said he meant that they could both play multiple positions and had long arms, which isn’t the same thing as having the “same body type.”

If I’m working at the Globe, I’m thinking “This is the best guy we have to cover the Patriots?” If someone there isn’t building up a case to supplant Volin as the team’s beat writer, then they’re doing something wrong. Mittens continues to provide plenty of evidence that he’s a dummy.

Lebron
    Participant

I guess Zion is okay.

Caught that first half.  He would have been just fine skipping college.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

If I’m working at the Globe, I’m thinking “This is the best guy we have to cover the Patriots?”

He came from Miami, which is also the place where Larry King was once employed covering the Dolphins. It ain’t the Ivy League of sports media down there.

So naturally the Globe thinks he’s the best guy.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

If I’m working at the Globe, I’m thinking “This is the best guy we have to cover the Patriots?”

He came from Miami, which is also the place where Larry King was once employed covering the Dolphins. It ain’t the Ivy League of sports media down there.

Shank tweeted recently that Tara Sullivan or whatever  just won a very prestigious industry award.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Sullivan came out of NY/NJ and doesn’t seem to have an agenda.* (She also seems to like sports and keeps the column moving along.)

*Yet.

Hacksaw
    Participant

On the way out of Ft. Myers we decided to stop by Jet Blue to see the Red Sox practice. Saw all the starters practicing.

Mookie Betts took about 50-100 ground balls at third base and was smoothe. Pedroia was killing the ball. The Varisty team looks good.

Jesus, Bert. Can you insert yourself up the Steelers’ ass any deeper?

jforb
    Participant

34 days for the last 100

4 users thanked author for this post.

Suzy
    Participant

Shank tweeted recently that Tara Sullivan or whatever just won a very prestigious industry award.

There is no prestige in that industry.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Chuck Schick
    Participant

Yikes, Graigg needs to get Lloyd Braun on those phones. “In the workplace, you’ll call me Coach.”

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Shank tweeted recently that Tara Sullivan or whatever just won a very prestigious industry award.

There is no prestige in that industry.

Someone in SoSH’s media forum had a great comment when Shank was named “New England Sportswriter of the Year.”

They said, “That’s because he’s the only one left.”    :lol:

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar