Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/13/2018 Daily Discussion Thread

This topic contains 41 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Major Intangibles 9 months ago.

Viewing 42 posts - 1 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Yahtzee
    Participant

Snow day!

Shocking that Tanguay couldn’t make it into the office.

Kevin
    Participant

Sammy Watkins stinks, right? :lol:

InThisTown
    Participant

Snow days are the worst.  :weei:

Kevin
    Participant

Got Mittens Volin on the troll hook. :lol:

jforb
    Participant

Toaster oven timer goes off while I’m changing the battery of the smoke detector in the basement, that was a fun few seconds before I realized.

7715, if it was 7717 I was about to call BS going up exactly 10 a day.

Kevin
    Participant

Deflategate Karma!!

GusChiggins
    Participant

Toaster oven timer goes off while I’m changing the battery of the smoke detector in the basement, that was a fun few seconds before I realized. 7715, if it was 7717 I was about to call BS going up exactly 10 a day.

Who is signing up right now? Craig said the Celts aren’t worth the time right now, the Bruins coverage is threatening to be lessened, the Revs have no coverage.

Kevin
    Participant

That’s how it’s done!

Claude45
    Participant

Toaster oven timer goes off while I’m changing the battery of the smoke detector in the basement, that was a fun few seconds before I realized. 7715, if it was 7717 I was about to call BS going up exactly 10 a day.

Who is signing up right now? Craig said the Celts aren’t worth the time right now, the Bruins coverage is threatening to be lessened, the Revs have no coverage.

Like stocking up on milk and bread, people worried about being snowed in and becoming desperate for entertainment. Desperate.

NASCL
    Participant

Places guaranteed to be open during blizzards:  Dunkins and private managed hockey rinks.  They’re not pissing away $235/hr when all they have to do is keep the door unlocked and lights on.

Winter Weather

Claude45
    Participant

The Vikings reportedly offer Cousin 3 years $84 million. My guess is they won’t see the value out of that deal. It’s your move Jets to get him up over $30 million a year guaranteed.

Cousins will be the GOAT of getting paid when all is said and done.

Kevin
    Participant

What does Kirk Cousins do that Case Keenum didn’t didn’t do for them last year?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

What does Kirk Cousins do that Case Keenum didn’t didn’t do for them last year?

Have a catchphrase?

What’s interesting here is people think they’re just a QB away. That for all that Keenum did for the team, he was the reason they didn’t go all the way.

Chuck Schick
    Participant

Hey, Channel 5: Less of the traffic lady and Harvey Leonard, more of Cindy Fitz and Kelly Ann Cicciccallicciiccio. It’s not that complicated. Jesus.

Channel 25 rolling out TWL and Wrobelewski. Approve! TWL is a force of nature.

The dumbass at Channel 4 who decided to put Pamela Gardner outside under 17 layers of all-weather gear should be fired. And then shot.

NASCL
    Participant

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

The dumbass at Channel 4 who decided to put Pamela Gardner outside under 17 layers of all-weather gear should be fired. And then shot.

They have to disguise Gardner whenever she leaves the building on Soldiers Field Road, lest weather-bunny-super-stalker Steve MacDonald get on her trail.   :lol:

Claude45
    Participant

So the Vikings were roundly praised for trading a 1st and a 4th for Bradford before last season. Now I will assume they will be roundly praised for throwing $84 million at Cousins. “Going for it” and whatnot. That’s a lot of capital to spend on the QB spot. I wonder how much we’ll hear about the Bradford trade in the media euphoria for the Vikings juggernaut.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

This may be better slotted in Minor Personal Gripes, but the Main Board is slow today, so …

The Globe’s obit/featurette on Charles Sarkis does nothing to combat the notion that the paper is still filled with petty people nursing decades-long grudges of dubious value. Sarkis built a tremendous local restaurant business, continually introducing new concepts (Joe’s American, Papa-Razi) and was relentless on questions of quality and guest service. I can’t afford Abe & Louie’s, but IMO, every other Back Bay Restaurants location went downhill after he sold out to the Texas (?) conglomerate.

In that atmosphere, why dredge up the man’s father’s less-than-glowing past? In the third paragraph, no less. There has to be some sort of payback there.

andrew
    Participant

I hate being snowed in, but there are worse things to do than watch both “Zodiac” and “The French Connection” during the day.

NASCL
    Participant

If the Dolphins are going to overpay for anyone, I’m glad it’s Amendola cashing the checks.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

If the Dolphins are going to overpay for anyone, I’m glad it’s Amendola cashing the checks.

“If?”

The Dolphins overpay for everyone.

Coma
    Participant

Are the same people who mocked the Amendola signing and ridiculed his durability now going to tell us this is a huge loss and a terrible decision by the Patriots?

jforb
    Participant

Will BCD keep up their instagram post by instagram post coverage of Culpo or do I need to follow her myself?

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Channel 5 just went with an Ironhead Shortstop Headshot Lineup graphic of all the reporters out in the storm.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Lefty

Sam Bradford to Arizona?   He’ll be dead by Halloween.

Lebron
    Participant

So the Vikings were roundly praised for trading a 1st and a 4th for Bradford before last season. Now I will assume they will be roundly praised for throwing $84 million at Cousins. “Going for it” and whatnot. That’s a lot of capital to spend on the QB spot. I wonder how much we’ll hear about the Bradford trade in the media euphoria for the Vikings juggernaut.

Bradford was the 1/4 season MVP in 2016, so definitely worth it.

3 years of fully guaranteed money on Cousins sounds crazy.    I hope he implodes under Zim’s brutal honesty and the Vikings get fucked.

Lebron
    Participant

I hadn’t put it together that Keenum played for Kubiak who is now a personnel advisor to Drunken Elway with the Texans and Joseph was on that staff as well.  The contract is supposedly a short term deal bridging to another quarterback, which they don’t have.  Sounds like a great plan.  I hope it blows up in their faces and Elway contracts cirrhosis

Claude45
    Participant

Uh oh….the rumor is Solder’s about to be offered his dream job. The Giants are interested. How can you say no to a gentlemen like Mara?

Claude45
    Participant

Off topic but a few years ago my neighborhood held a street carnival with some auction items. One item was a Patriots signed football. No other description. Only two names on the sign up sheet so as the time runs out, I put my name down and “steal” a football signed by the Pats for $170. I’m feeling pretty good about myself. I ripped off my egghead sucker neighbors.

I get the ball and it was only signed by Nate Solder. Still not a terrible buy. It’s for the kids after all but score one for my egghead neighbors.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Sam Bradford to Arizona? He’ll be dead by Halloween.

Sounds like what Joe Clark said to Kid Ray when he quit high school.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Jordy Nelson is available.

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by  Hacksaw.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Off topic but a few years ago my neighborhood held a street carnival with some auction items. One item was a Patriots signed football. No other description. Only two names on the sign up sheet so as the time runs out, I put my name down and “steal” a football signed by the Pats for $170. I’m feeling pretty good about myself. I ripped off my egghead sucker neighbors.

I get the ball and it was only signed by Nate Solder. Still not a terrible buy. It’s for the kids after all but score one for my egghead neighbors.

I got a David Givens signed football.

As a wash I got a Willie McGinest one from the same event then a week later I went to a Rodney Harrison signing and had him sign the SI with him on the cover closing the SB with an INT.

Lefty

Malcom Butler signing with Tenn for  5yrs/61M with 30M guaranteed.

i like the guy, but, really?

Lebron
    Participant

Keenum’s deal supposedly 2/36 no mention on the guaranteed money.

12 and change per year on Butler?

Big Fat O
    Participant

Lot of stupid money being thrown around. Be prepared for more B.B. losing the off season Super Bowl.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Sammy Watkins stinks, right? 😆

‘You had a shot at signing Sammy Watkins, but instead YOU let Amendola get away!’  :wag:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Lefty

Um, Andrew Um, Raycroft, Um, is, Um, painful in the Um, Bruins, Um. InterUMission, Um, show.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Snow days are the worst. :weei:

Absurd.

Snow day drinking is the best drinking.

Lefty

Dion Lewis also to Tennessee

Participant

Ebner back for 2 more years –  I swear he does this just to piss off the mouth breathers

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I know it’s been said, but the Pats are like Circuit City ova theya.

Viewing 42 posts - 1 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar