Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/14/2018 Daily Discussion Thread

This topic contains 67 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Coma
    Participant

Godspeed, Larry Flynt!

Is today the day Bill the GM finally murders Bill the Coach? Or does he finally open up the checkbook and sign some weaponz?

Lastly, how about a 5 goal third period by the Bruins? Read a firsthand account in the BSJ…oh wait.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Interesting. Would give the Pats presumably the next couple of years with either their QB-of-the-future-in-waiting or insurance while they draft and coach up the next guy. I can’t imagine McCarron would be eager to be a backup again, but his starting options seem to have dwindled, and sitting behind Brady is a whole lot different than sitting behind Andy Dalton.

NASCL
    Participant

Well being check on Joe Gill.  Still a dolt.

Well being check on Joe Gill. Still a dolt.

The Dork Pirate

Participant

Yahtzee
    Participant

Any sense of how bad the Bruins injuries were last night?

chicowalker
    Participant

Well being check on Joe Gill. Still a dolt.

The Dork Pirate

Putz Patriot

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Is that supposed to be a snow shovel in BB’s hand? Your average 4 year old can draw a more accurate snow shovel than LJ. :blink: How the fuck can he not know how to draw a snow shovel?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Looks like Solder in gone. :ozzy: That didin’t take long.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

BSMW remembers Dr. Stephen Hawking:

Good lord. A jersey with “pi” on it? :blink:

That’s so Red Sox.

Robert- We could have used you for those Super Bowls against the Giants, Dr. Hawking.

Stephen- DESIGNING A GAME PLAN ?

Robert- No, playing left guard! Hahahahaha!

Stephen- HA HA HA HA HA

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Is that supposed to be a snow shovel in BB’s hand? Your average 4 year old can draw a more accurate snow shovel than LJ. :blink: How the fuck can he not know how to draw a snow shovel?

Looks like a spatula, which makes sense since the only thing that guy is shoveling is crap into his face. If that fat ass can’t see his feet, when was the last time he shoveled snow?

Doncabesa
    Participant

Tom E. is becoming one annoying assed wet blanket.  He bought fully into the NBC hot takez tonight bullshit?

Ironhead
    Participant

The NBCSN influence is increasing and increasingly toxic.   I do think Curran has a better sense of what’s going on in Foxboro than the rest of the takez flinging, blow-dried morons over there.

Ironhead
    Participant

Also, if THERE’S UNHAPPINESS DOWN THEYAH, moving on from some of the more prominent, tenured veterans on the team makes sense.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Can I get me a panic button here?

Ironhead
    Participant

No.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

will the history eraser button due?

Will the “History Eraser” button do?

Participant

This will shorten up the waiting list.

InThisTown
    Participant

That Gill picture is fucking insane even for that idiot.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Gisele is obviously behind all these non-moves. If Tommy won’t retire on his own, let’s take away his left tackle, his top running back and his top possession receiver!  After he’s sacked a dozen times in the first half of Game 1, he’ll get the message, and decide to spend his autumns/springtimes in Rio in no time!   :dry:

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

On the bright side, the Pats will have a killer Comp Pick haul for 2019.

Miguel should do a post detailing what the Pats cap would look like had they paid all these departees what they eventually got. Including Garoppolo.

Lebron
    Participant

Of course they got murdered last year for signing Gilmore.  Now they are getting murdered for ‘not doing anything!’ They weren’t signing any of those guys to those deals.  4 years for Dion Lewis, 5 for Butler.  They have a crowded receiver corps with Edelman/Mitchell/Hogan/Cooks as well as possibly Dorsett and Britt so they weren’t giving Amendola 10 mil+ over 2 years.  Defensively they have Rivers and Hightower back from injury and 4 picks in the first 3 rounds.  Perfect time to reload.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Lebron.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

I was all for running it back on offense because they were so fucking good last year. I thought extensions for Brady and Gronk to create space were foregone conclusions. I’d be far more concerned with those two guys than anything else.  There have been plenty of years were the offensive line has been a problem. Solder has been a part of the line during those years. Shit, for the first half of this past year people were worried that Brady was going to die. Moving on from Solder is fine.

Lefty

I like Solder and think he’s been good here.  I thought they had to help him a lot the last couple of years, but I think that is increasingly the case for LTs.   But, there is no way I sign him to that deal.   I understand the Giants doing it, their line was a total disaster last year, so they have to overpay.   I have no problem with the Pats not matching or beating it.

Same with Butler, same with Lewis.   It sucks to see guys you like go, but this has been the formula here for years.   I don’t begrudge any of them going elsewhere to get paid.  I also don’t begrudge the Pats moving on from them.   None of those guys will be on the field to see the end of those contracts.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar