Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/16/2020-3/22/2020 Weekly No Sports Discussion Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Is anyone clamoring for Cam Newton?

Ugh.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Back in the day, the Big O would have someone on like LJ, who would utter some profundity like “sports is the toy department of life” and he would put all of this shit, COVID19 and all, in perspective. Maybe Borges will go with a piece on how 48-year-old Drew Bledsoe is planning on coming back to take what’s rightfully his in the first place.

:lol:

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

I’d say fuck it on a veteran QB.  Just run it out there with Stidham and Kessler or whatever USC quarterback they have.  Even if they go like 6-11 or 5-18 or however many games they’re playing, get a decent pick and keep rebuilding.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Lefty

I’d say fuck it on a veteran QB. Just run it out there with Stidham and Kessler or whatever USC quarterback they have. Even if they go like 6-11 or 5-18 or however many games they’re playing, get a decent pick and keep rebuilding.

I am on board with this, but think they will win more games than 5 or 6

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I have no idea who will  be under center come the start of the season but if it’s Andy Dalton. I’m 110% fucking out.

Lefty

Supposedly Brady has  made a decision.   I bet on the Raiders.   Feels like something they would do to start off in Vegas.

Coma
    Participant

On Obie getting fleeced – this Russini lady observed the friction many times last year.

“I covered many Houston Texans games(s) this past season and multiple times while I was on the sideline during the game I observed frustrations between DeAndre Hopkins & Bill O’Brien,” ESPN’s Dianna Russini tweeted.

And yet a search of ESPN’s archives and you can find no such report – the only article on the Texans by Dianna was one about DeAndre sitting out the last game of the year because seeding was already established.

So, she just decided to sit on the information for 3 months I guess.

That’s a move from the Breer playbook.

I can understand people treating Brady’s departure like it’s a big deal. It’s tough to shrug off the best ever at the position leaving after almost 2 decades. Having said that, I hate this time of year due to the fanz and media melting down because the Patriots haven’t made a big move yet. Forget the fact that they rarely do and everyone knows this, there’s always the “Team A and B have gotten better while we haven’t done anything” whine. You’d think after a few years of this, people would learn.

Lebron
    Participant

Didn’t the Raiders sign Mariota yesterday?

I laughed seeing Bridgewater likely to the Panthers and Cam Newton is upset.  Like you didn’t know this was going to happen?  If so, you were the only person.  Not so long ago he was dapping and taking selfies.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Bucs and Chargers have supposedly each offered north of $30 million. It will be one of those two is my guess.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Bridgewater to the Panthers for $20 million a year. Pats will end up with Winston or Cam. Or Rivers. :lol:

Participant

MYKE!!!! Jumpball Joe is available, any intrist?

chicowalker
    Participant

JFC no.  I’d rather go 4-12 w/stidham than 9-7 with Newton.  And god help me if it’s Rivers.  I bet on/against the Chargers enough to have suffered through too many of those late sunday afternoon drives…if he was actually the QB of my team? :weei:

Participant

Robert’s needy but he doesn’t have a newspaper to get his stories out Waxpack.

“Right now, as we sort through the facts and fiction while rolling our eyes at  Robert Kraft’s it-wasn’t-me media tour”

Lebron
    Participant

Honestly if he gets $30 a year good for him, and I have no issue with the Patriots saying hard pass.  Heck I wouldn’t have done the 2/50 Brees got.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Until the contract is signed from another team it isn’t over even though it looks like it. Maybe the Pats are waiting to see what he’s offered and swoop in, who knows.

jforb
    Participant

Bill and Kraft don’t release those statements if he’s coming back.

French Open just rescheduled, apparently by pulling a date out of the air without looking at a calendar for any conflicts.

Participant

Bill and Kraft don’t release those statements if he’s coming back.

Bill, “He’s gone and we couldn’t do nothing about it.”

Robert, “What do you mean?”

Bill, “He’s gone, he’s gone.”

rclane
    Participant

Phil Rivers just got $25 from Indy. :blink:

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by rclane.
    BrianInLA
    Participant

Brady really cant come back. The cap hit would be off the charts. Thats why he wanted the deal done this way. Indy is insane.

Lebron
    Participant

That French Open thing is crazy.  Um, that’s like 2 weeks after the US Open concludes, if that.  Also during the Laver Cup in Boston.

Lebron
    Participant

4 guys on the Nets tested positive.

Lebron
    Participant

Witten to the Raiders, I guess if Brady is looking for an old TE.

Lebron
    Participant

Turns out one of the Nets players is Durant.

Lefty

Tampa Bay?    Well, yeah, I guess Brady can learn from “quarterback whisperer” coach Kangol.

I see this ending like Namath with the Rams or Unitas with the Chargers.

Humphrey
    Participant

Well, that’s that!

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 200 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar