Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/16/2020-3/22/2020 Weekly No Sports Discussion Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    Coma
    Participant

To echo what others have said, I’d much rather have the Patriots be mediocre to poor with Stidham or a rookie QB than to pay $15-20 million for Dalton, Newton, Flacco, etc. If Stidham or a new QB can play, then the Patriots will be in the situation that the Chiefs and Ravens are in: Good QB on a rookie contract, which allows you to spend on other positions. If that happens, we’re going to hear how unfair that is and how the league should step in and artificially make QBs account for a minimum of at least 10% of the cap, regardless of their actual salary.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Nashua Dad
    Participant

Tampa comes here next year. Selling those tickets might pay off my mortgage.

Lebron
    Participant

If you’re the Chargers and you just let go of a 38 year old QB, why would you sign a 43 year old QB for that much money?  Does he put that many asses in seats?

Lefty

I saw that noted moron Zolak said something to the effect that Brady’s decision has something to do with Antonio Brown.  Not sure if he meant Brady was mad the Pats cut Brown or if Brady would want his new team to sign him.

either way, if Brady is making decisions based in any way around Antonio Brown, then Brady is an idiot.

BrianInLA
    Participant

If you’re the Chargers and you just let go of a 38 year old QB, why would you sign a 43 year old QB for that much money? Does he put that many asses in seats?

Here yes. This is LA and people like flash and big names. Brady is probably the only nfl player that could have done that. I would have bought season tickets if he signed here and gotten great seats. There are a ton of pats fans out here who would have gladly done the same. From an “on the field” standpoint they don’t care. They have zero fans.

Yahtzee
    Participant

That French Open thing is crazy. Um, that’s like 2 weeks after the US Open concludes, if that. Also during the Laver Cup in Boston.

I got tickets to that.  Set my retirement back a few years.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Like I said earlier today, Tampa is the least offensive Brady landing spot for me. Other conference, no strong feelings about the team at all one way or the other. The only thing is I can’t stand Arians and hope for nothing but bad things on the field for that clown.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Humphrey
    Participant

Their uniforms are hideous. At least Johnny U got to wear the Chargers’ powder blues.

Lebron
    Participant

I’d hate to see him recruit Brown.  That guy is a world class shitbird.

Lebron
    Participant

Good point, the number of people originally from the area would flood the place.

Coma
    Participant

Two days ago, Florio was stomping his feet and finger wagging the NFL for not delaying free agency. As far as I know, players agreeing to contracts and teams making trades has not increased the spread of the virus. And, despite his objections, Florio has been on top of every personnel move.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Ha – indeed the Mother’s Day Miracle is on.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Coma
    Participant

A very minor positive of Brady going to Tampa is that the kid who conducted a “science” experiment that proved Brady deflated footballs is a Buccaneers fan. I’m sure he won’t be alone, but he’ll have to do a 180 now and cheer for Brady.

Also, I know nothing about the Tampa Bay sports media, but I can’t imagine they are as obnoxious and negative as the Boston media. I can see Brady doing local interviews or a weekly radio spot and wondering if the interviewers are trying to trick him by being nice or when they are going to start acting like assholes.

GusChiggins
    Participant

I can’t root for Coach Kangol. No way, no how.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

The US and the Soviets had mutually assured destruction…..

The Sports Media has mutually assured back patting of one another…..

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

To paraphrase Bob Knight … Tom Brady has forgotten more about playing effing quarterback than Coach Kangol is ever gonna know.

They allowed 47 sacks last year, 2.9 a game, tenth-worst in the league. Of course, new QB with a quick release, changes to blocking schemes and OL personnel, etc., make that somewhat meaningless.  In 2019, Pats allowed 1.6 sacks per game, third best in the league.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Shelton goes to the Loins.

Lebron
    Participant

Tank for Lawrence!

jforb
    Participant

To echo what others have said, I’d much rather have the Patriots be mediocre to poor with Stidham or a rookie QB than to pay $15-20 million for Dalton, Newton, Flacco, etc. If Stidham or a new QB can play, then the Patriots will be in the situation that the Chiefs and Ravens are in: Good QB on a rookie contract, which allows you to spend on other positions. If that happens, we’re going to hear how unfair that is and how the league should step in and artificially make QBs account for a minimum of at least 10% of the cap, regardless of their actual salary.

I’d rather blow a ton of picks to get one of the top 2 this year than any of those names. Still would rather just see what Stidham has.

Participant

Hilarity followed.

The bit ended with Kimes wearing a Kangol hat and glasses in a Bruce Arians impersonation.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

My plan for the Pats would be this year we’d try for lightning in a bottle for cheap guys. Start Stidham. Acquire Rosen. Draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th. Get that one guy from the XFL. Let them sink or swim.

If they all sink, go for a high pick next year’s draft.

Lebron
    Participant

Thirded.  I wouldn’t care if they went 3-13, although I don’t expect they will, but I’m fine climbing higher for Lawrence or whoever else.  And this year take a flier on a guy like Khalil Tate in later rounds this year.

Lefty

If it comes out that BB told Brady to keep his baby mommas away from Gillette, (Giselle and Moynihan) I would be ok with that.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Duron Harmon traded to the Detroit and Ted Karsas signs with The Fish.  Gillette is busy today.

NASCL
    Participant

Half the local media thinks they’re going with a 36-man roster this season.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 200 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar