Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/18/2019-3/24/2019 – Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 197 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Blinded By The Lombardis 3 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 198 total)
  • Author

Nick B
    Participant

away we go

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Gardner Museum Heist-aversary!

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

3 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Where was Father Guido Sarducci on that fateful day? I happen to know that he is not a priest and his name isn’t even Guido Sarducci!

4 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

Globe up to $3.00 a day at newsstand – visionary publisher/trophy wives don’t pay for themselves you know.

Participant

His girlfriend and his child could say the same thing Peter.

“Tyreek Hill is the most dangerous player we face,” one rival GM told me.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  02062.

Coma
    Participant

Couldn’t you say the same for his girlfriend and the child Peter?

What the hell is wrong with him (King, not Hill)?

Hill had a previous violent incident with his wife, may be involved in an injury to his son and King decides to go with a quote that describes him as “dangerous?” What are the chances that anonymous quote is even real? If King was going to invent a quote, he could have gone with “dynamic” or described Hill as “the toughest receiver for us to cover.”

2 users thanked author for this post.

Suzy
    Participant

Couldn’t you say the same for his girlfriend and the child Peter?

What the hell is wrong with him (King, not Hill)?

Hill had a previous violent incident with his wife, may be involved in an injury to his son and King decides to go with a quote that describes him as “dangerous?” What are the chances that anonymous quote is even real? If King was going to invent a quote, he could have gone with “dynamic” or described Hill as “the toughest receiver for us to cover.”

Fatty is attention-whoring again by employing vastly inappropriate language (his version of a twisted cry for help). He’s mentally ill, seriously.

chicowalker
    Participant

They may have been basing it on this rare footage of Hill from junior college

Participant

325 words on wardrobe choices for female reporters/anchors – you leave the TWL alone fatman  :pk:

Major Intangibles
    Participant

325 words on wardrobe choices for female reporters/anchors – you leave the TWL alone fatman :pk:

“Indeed.”

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Can you imagine a guy like that stalkin’ Shel Scott?  Yeah, I know, the young Nat Jacobson was very attractive. But, still, it was a simpler time, Danny!

Lebron
    Participant

If Pete asked Bill about Hill he’d slurp some soup/drink some OJ and say yeah what he have 1 catch?

Lefty

If Pete asked Bill about Hill he’d slurp some soup/drink some OJ and say yeah what he have 1 catch?

Initially, I thought this was a Clinton post

Lebron
    Participant

Of course Pete was all upset about the Bradley University incident where whoever at the podium told some journo to beat it because he adds no value to the brand.

Lebron
    Participant

g. News item: Carlos Gonzalez agrees to minor-league deal with Cleveland. My God! Cargo! It’s come to Triple-A for the once-great Cargo.

Of course shitty fat ass journos can’t understand an athlete that has a passion for the game and will do whatever it takes to keep playing because he/she believes in themselves.

Lebron
    Participant

d. The college admissions scandal, for those of a certain age (say, 40 to 65), rings so harrowing.

Jesus, how has poor Peter and his family endured such harrowing times?

6 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

d. The college admissions scandal, for those of a certain age (say, 40 to 65), rings so harrowing.

Jesus, how has poor Peter and his family endured such harrowing times?

Does he explain the age or just mean people trying to get their kids out of the house now?

jforb
    Participant

The Miami Dolphins becoming the next Philadelphia 76ers? Or the next Cleveland Browns? I’ve got a theory, and it involves being patient with new coach Brian Flores. Very patient.

The hell is the difference between the 76ers and Browns?

Humphrey
    Participant

Can you imagine a guy like that stalkin’ Shel Scott? Yeah, I know, the young Nat Jacobson was very attractive. But, still, it was a simpler time, Danny!

Well, not a guy, but a lady of the same persuasion, yes!

GusChiggins
    Participant

g. News item: Carlos Gonzalez agrees to minor-league deal with Cleveland. My God! Cargo! It’s come to Triple-A for the once-great Cargo.

Of course shitty fat ass journos can’t understand an athlete that has a passion for the game and will do whatever it takes to keep playing because he/she believes in themselves.

Consider me a big Carlos Gonzalez fan this year.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Suzy
    Participant

So well said.

The guy’s never done a fucking useful thing in his entire suck-up life but has the balls to patronizingly finger-wag and mock a gutsy player who wants to stay in the game. Who knows, maybe he can eventually DH somewhere. At least he’s taking his best shot.

King’s more than just a douche–he’s a truly shitty human being in every way.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

325 words on wardrobe choices for female reporters/anchors – you leave the TWL alone fatman :pk:

where did this appear?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

What was the upshot of Pete’s wardrobe diatribe? Weathergirls dress too slutty?

Participant

What was the upshot of Pete’s wardrobe diatribe? Weathergirls dress too slutty?

They are forced to according to Peter.

For FIWL

I think (and I realize this is a touchy topic and I’m about to sound like an old codger and father of two daughters), but men wear suits in high-profile TV jobs while the majority of women, in sports and news, dress in cocktail-type clothing. Do these women want to? Or do they feel forced to dress in cocktail-type attire because they feel they need to have a certain look?

I don’t know why this has become the norm. I know TV trends have waxed and waned over the years, but in watching sports and the daily cable news shows, I see quite a bit of skin on women, and I just wonder if this is how they want to dress on TV. To me, I would rather have women delivering sports news and real news dress the way they truly want to dress, not the way they think they need to dress to be appealing or to keep their jobs. To be clear, not every female anchor or reporter dresses for air like it’s a night on the town, and if that’s her personal preference, it’s fine. I would hope we could get to a place where women dress in the way they prefer, not in the clothing they feel forced for whatever reason to wear.

You might feel that’s an oddity to interject in this column, but I feel strongly about it. If you raise daughters who would like to report in sports or politics on air—I didn’t, but they loved sports and such a choice would not have surprised me—you shouldn’t have to say success or failure in the business depends on how you look, or what you are willing to wear on-air.”

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

On the one hand, I agree with him. On the other hand, I’m not going to complain about the shots of the Tiny Weather Lady posted.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 198 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar