Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/18/2019-3/24/2019 – Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 197 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Blinded By The Lombardis 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 198 total)
  • Author

chicowalker
    Participant

Supposedly Trout is about to sign a 12 year $430M extension with the Angels.

Powder may need to put the Visionary Editor on an allowance.

That’s got to go up Manfred’s ass sideways.  MLB loses an offseason of free agent intrigue, and someone who will end up one of the three best players of all time will hardly be seen by a good amount of the country

2 users thanked author for this post.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

From WSJ:

Flor­ida pros­e­cu­tors have of­fered to drop charges against New Eng­land Pa­tri­ots owner Robert Kraft and a num­ber of other men charged with so­lic­it­ing pros­ti­tu­tion, ac­cord­ing to a per­son fa­mil­iar with the mat­ter, but there is a catch. The pro­posed agree­ment calls for the men to ad­mit they would have been proven guilty at trial.

Guilty of getting a handie or human sex trafficking? Because Twitter has already convicted him of the latter.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Great 4 hours of Krafty Bob should plead guilty and accept his punishment talk.

Mix this in with how the Pats are cheap and Brady is pissed since he has no one to throw to.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Participant

From WSJ:

Flor­ida pros­e­cu­tors have of­fered to drop charges against New Eng­land Pa­tri­ots owner Robert Kraft and a num­ber of other men charged with so­lic­it­ing pros­ti­tu­tion, ac­cord­ing to a per­son fa­mil­iar with the mat­ter, but there is a catch. The pro­posed agree­ment calls for the men to ad­mit they would have been proven guilty at trial.

Guilty of getting a handie or human sex trafficking? Because Twitter has already convicted him of the latter.

Has Jim Koch told him to just take it yet?

Lebron
    Participant

How does that work?  Are Kraft and the others supposed to hold a press conference or write some letter?  If they drop the charges it’s not like Kraft and the others are in court for that where they make a statement right?

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Great 4 hours of Krafty Bob should plead guilty and accept his punishment talk.

Mix this in with how the Pats are cheap and Brady is pissed since he has no one to throw to.

“Yeah Big Jim, this sounds like the time I got CWOF’d on a DWI…” 

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Lebron
    Participant

What happened to all this video, I thought they had two instances on video?  Sounds like they have sweet fuck all.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Feejis
    Participant

Ok, you don’t need to plead guilty, just say you’re guilty.

Isn’t that essentially the same thing?

No, no. It’s much different. You won’t have anything on your criminal record.

But everyone will know I admitted to it.

That’s what makes this so difficult.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Lefty

What happened to all this video, I thought they had two instances on video? Sounds like they have sweet fuck all.

I wonder if they are concerned about how they got the video and how they did the car stop to ID people, like maybe it won’t be admissible.   This deal slides right by that issue

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Is the deal offered to Kraft to plead ‘no contest’ or is it something a bit different?

Coma
    Participant

Good thing Carrie Underwood wears a suit of armor on the opening of Sunday night football Peter.

I’m sure Pete never took a check the week the swimsuit issue went out all those years at Si.

PK was at Sports Illustrated for decades and it didn’t bother him that the best selling issue ever year was the one filled with photos of pretty ladies in bathing suits.

Like Suzy pointed out, looks and delivery on television are going to beat out knowledge every time. That’s why it’s jarring to see someone like Brian Windhorst on TV or Francesa when he was covering the NCAA tournament because they look drastically different than everyone else. Even someone like Greg Cosell, while not out of shape, looks like he should be dressed like Barney Rubble and carrying a club.

This isn’t a new trend and it’s unique to sports reporters and news casts. How well would a movie with an out of shape James Bond and accompanying leading lady do? King isn’t taking any kind of stand or offering any solutions. He’s just finger wagging an aspect of the business that has handsomely rewarded him to make himself look enlightened. It’s the perfect PK take.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Nick B
    Participant

Good thing Carrie Underwood wears a suit of armor on the opening of Sunday night football Peter.

I’m sure Pete never took a check the week the swimsuit issue went out all those years at Si.

PK was at Sports Illustrated for decades and it didn’t bother him that the best selling issue ever year was the one filled with photos of pretty ladies in bathing suits.

Like Suzy pointed out, looks and delivery on television are going to beat out knowledge every time. That’s why it’s jarring to see someone like Brian Windhorst on TV or Francesa when he was covering the NCAA tournament because they look drastically different than everyone else. Even someone like Greg Cosell, while not out of shape, looks like he should be dressed like Barney Rubble and carrying a club.

This isn’t a new trend and it’s unique to sports reporters and news casts. How well would a movie with an out of shape James Bond and accompanying leading lady do? King isn’t taking any kind of stand or offering any solutions. He’s just finger wagging an aspect of the business that has handsomely rewarded him to make himself look enlightened. It’s the perfect PK take.

Just ask Pete, why does he wear a sport coat on TV when he does his reports?

chicowalker
    Participant

I wish Fatty would take his own advice.  Look at this shit.  Marcus Cannon’s thighs would fit comfortably in these shorts.  And I’d take my chances with Medusa before I’d look directly at those blinding, milky-white calves in person :pk:

Suzy
    Participant

God, he’s repulsive in every way.  :puke:

Let’s not forget that HE’S FUCKING INSANE. The man takes–and publicly posts–pictures of not only himself in a toilet but his friend pissing in one. Then gets all concerned over women wearing snug, stylish, attractive clothing.   :pk: :ozzy:

chicowalker
    Participant

:lol: If I was at a urinal and someone- even a friend- broke out their phone to take a picture I would AT LEAST piss on them, if not beat them senseless.

I’d like to think the exchange in the above picture went something like this

Dick Sherman- Peter, what the fuck man with them shorts? Jesus.

Fatty- Richard, what do you want from me? I’m sentient mayonnaise

6 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

The responses are great, first in particular

Suzy
    Participant

Did you tell him that Robin Williams is dead?

:lol:

Kraft’s not taking the deal. Doesn’t he want to end the rhetoric?

Big Fat O
    Participant

I wonder how many of the media members who are telling Krafty Bob to roll over would do the same thing, probably none.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Kraft’s not taking the deal. Doesn’t he want to end the rhetoric?

I hope Brady is texting him every day saying that he should take the deal. I’m sure the police are dealing with you on the level.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

Simpler times indeed.

“I’m going to accept, reluctantly, what he has given to us, and not continue this dialogue and rhetoric, and we won’t appeal.’’

Participant

I wonder how many of the media members who are telling Krafty Bob to roll over would do the same thing, probably none.

“It’s a personal matter….”

Humphrey
    Participant

He’d say “Just take the deal!”

Adam Schiff

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  Humphrey.

Humphrey
    Participant

There are NIT games that are played like the teams are playing in a real tournament and there are ones that are played with the same intensity as Sox Split Squad affairs. Last night’s NC State/Hofstra and Providence/Arkansas affairs were examples of each.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Which was which?

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 198 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar