Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/18/2019-3/24/2019 – Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 197 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Blinded By The Lombardis 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 198 total)
  • Author

Big Fat O
    Participant

John Wallach who at 98.5 thinks he’s a good choice?

jforb
    Participant

John Wallach who at 98.5 thinks he’s a good choice?

Was just coming on here to say as hard as it is to believe, he’s making me miss Grande.

Feejis
    Participant

Wallach reminds me of a guy that I worked with for one season when I was in Vegas 20 years ago.

We had two play by play guys (Neverett being one) and I was being pulled to do more hockey than baseball so we needed to hire a new PR guy on the baseball side. So they hired this guy who had been in independent leagues, maybe single A. For the most part, at those levels the PR guy IS the play by play guy and does it all. But we were AAA and didn’t need the announcer part.

Anyhow this guy was a terrible hire. Just socially awkward, clueless, not a good guy to be handling even what little media we had. But he really wanted to be the announcer. And his PBP was brutal. Like the worst thing you’d ever heard. He played his tapes and would sometimes during slow moments of the game would sit in our office in the press box and announce along with the game.

It was his dream and he was god awful even after years of working on it. (I was probably 23, he was 30+). Anyhow, that’s who Wallach reminds me of.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

That sucked. Embiid can suck a bunch of dicks

1 user thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

There a bigger cunt in sports right now than Embiid?

Nashua Dad
    Participant

I thought Philly was a real basketball city. That PA announcer is expansion team excitement. Also seems like a couple of guys must have it in their contract to have their assists announced with echo.

Lebron
    Participant

Mark Jones on espn has been doing play by play for college football and basketball since like the mid 90s and he looks exactly the same. He’s pretty vanilla which serves the purpose but his longevity is impressive

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Let me guess some of his reminiscences … “I manage this nine!” … “I willed myself invisible” … The Can Film Festival … John McNamara: a real sweetheart … Roger pulls a nutty in the 1990 playoffs … The Coup LeRoux … Calvin Schiraldi: the heart of a lion!… Jim Rice scratches 60-year-old PR grouch Bill Crowley as they tussle over a parking space in Winter Haven … speaking of The Have (where so many golden moments happened), the Elks Club “whites only” policy and Tommy Harper’s firing …

Probably no mention of the clubby who was molesting all those teenaged boys in The Have, though. That disgrace has probably escaped Shank’s intern-fueled memory.

Speaking of Roger pulling a nutty in the playoffs, I always thought he wanted to get thrown out because the A’s had his number.

I thought Shank showed remarkable restraint not mentioning Adrien Gonzalez, The Cooler (name copyrighted by Shank himself).

And later stolen, without compensation to the HoF baseball writer, by a William H. Macy/Alec Baldwin flick. The injustice!

NASCL
    Participant

2 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Stevens sounded a little unhappy with Smart but that play reminded me of what Bird used to say about Laimbeer, the difference between with what he’s doing and what other guys do is that the shit he’s doing can injure someone.  That casual elbow from Embiid goes to his head he can end up with a broken nose or a concussion or far worse if it catches him in the eye.  I’ll never have a problem with a player emphatically letting someone know I know what the fuck you’re doing and fuck you.

Lebron
    Participant

Although I could have done without the aping for the crowd on his way out.

Big Fat O
    Participant

They need to fight back. You never saw Bird, Garrnet or anyone else back down. If the let Embid get away with cheap shots then he’ll keep doing it.

The team will never win this argument with the media. They’ll say Smart is dumb for getting kicked out or the team lacks toughness.

Look at how much shit the Bruins took when one of the players got a cheap shot and no one did anything.

You can’t win either way in this town.

Participant

If I’m following correctly – Bill the Coach should never let Tom Brady play a snap once playoff seeding is determined, but Kyrie should play 48 minutes a night regardless?

Feejis
    Participant

If I’m following correctly – Bill the Coach should never let Tom Brady play a snap once playoff seeding is determined, but Kyrie should play 48 minutes a night regardless?

I don’t care if anyone rests players or not, but one could make the argument that one of those guys has earned it and the other is a whiny cunt.

Participant

Oh goody.

Streaming giant Netflix announced on Wednesday that it had ordered a coming-of-age comedy from Mindy Kaling about the “complicated life of a modern-day first generation Indian American teenage girl, inspired by Kaling’s own childhood.”

NASCL
    Participant

Unless it’s us mocking them, anyone beginning a thought with “Bill the” should be the immediate recipient of a throat punch.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Haggerty wrote something about the decline of Patrice Bergeron, spit my water everywhere reading Marchand’s reply

Brad Marchand

Verified account

@Bmarch63

Follow Follow @Bmarch63

More

Brad Marchand Retweeted Joe Haggerty

What kinda garabage is this haggs…you dont even watch the games you just stand at the snack bar the whole time

Big Fat O
    Participant

I heard the Haggs article was an out being better without Krug.

Participant

:lol: Stand at the snack bar = go get your shinebox? :lol:

Lebron
    Participant

Actually O you might be right, I didn’t read the article itself the Twitter comments seemed to be about Haggerty writing an article about how it’s time to face facts about the decline of Bergeron but there are some Krug mentions.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Only $30.00!  :dry:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

What a prick.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I wouldn’t even tap the breaks if I saw somebody crossing the street wearing that awful T-shirt.

Participant

Pizzuti Pie needs to get her marketing genius house in order.

A “Jimmy kept the drugs out of Southie” with a nice big Shamrock on the back would have been a huge hit for the parade this year.

Suzy
    Participant

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

What a prick.

“Look everyone, I’m just one of the guys, they shit on me and I call them names, ha ha!”

Overstuffed, pompous ass. I bet Marchand’s not the only player who hates him.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 198 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar