Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/18/2019-3/24/2019 – Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 197 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Blinded By The Lombardis 2 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 198 total)
  • Author

Suzy
    Participant

:lol: Stand at the snack bar = go get your shinebox? :lol:

It is rather brilliant.  :lol:

Suzy
    Participant

Wow, just re-read what he wrote to “Marchy”  :puke: and he turtles immediately by basically admitting he’s a clickbait-whore troll.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Marchy is just gross.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Marchy is just gross.

Just below “Marchy” licking opponents is “Brockstar’s” bat-sniffing just before his clutch double in the ninth inning of Game 4 of last year’s World Series. Is he smelling the burning wood, a la Ted Williams?   :lol:

Participant

“Embid has been shot!”

Related imageRelated image

Coma
    Participant

I wouldn’t even tap the breaks if I saw somebody crossing the street wearing that awful T-shirt.

Coming soon to the Globe Store: An “18-1” t-shirt and a David Ortiz “Fat Sack of You-Know-What” t-shirt!

Who is the target demographic for the tomato can shirt? It can’t be Patriots fans because the message is that your team only wins because their opponents suck. It doesn’t even make sense for Jets/Bills/Dolphins fans because the message would then be “My team sucks.” Does Globe management really believe there are enough Shaughnessy fans out there who are willing to part with $30 for that shirt?

Lebron
    Participant

Belmont mangled the end of that game against Maryland, first just holding on to the ball forever then trying a low percentage back door then calling their last timeout in between Maryland free throws with 2.5 seconds left.  Of course CBS botched the call saying Maryland called the time out but that’s what you get when you dust off Jim Sparnakel for his annual commentary for a weekend role.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Deadwood the movie is out at the end of the month.

The word cvnt just got its second wind.

Humphrey
    Participant

Belmont mangled the end of that game against Maryland, first just holding on to the ball forever then trying a low percentage back door then calling their last timeout in between Maryland free throws with 2.5 seconds left. Of course CBS botched the call saying Maryland called the time out but that’s what you get when you dust off Jim Sparnakel for his annual commentary for a weekend role.

Couldn’t understand that timeout at all. It makes it worse if the opponent misses the foul shot …you’re not going to get a better shot off than the 55 footer they took.

Plus, Belmont missed 3 out of 4 foul shots down the stretch.

Humphrey
    Participant

Deadwood the movie is out at the end of the month.

The word cvnt just got its second wind.

Just about everyone back from the original cast who wasn’t killed is back, save for Powers Boothe.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Pizzuti Pie needs to get her marketing genius house in order.

A “Jimmy kept the drugs out of Southie” with a nice big Shamrock on the back would have been a huge hit for the parade this year.

I would buy at least one Barnicle “such a disgrace to this newspaper” shirt — although not a tank top.

BTW, MI did that Globe editor’s quote regarding Bashful Barnicle’s survive The Great Purge?

Yahtzee
    Participant

I would buy a “Joan Vennochi wrong about everything” t-shirt.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Only $30.00! :dry:

They should do a shirt from the movie Spotlight.

“Keep doing your work Mr. Rezendes.”

For some reason that line cracks me up

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

3 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

We really an “It’s a Wonderful Life” game thread to get the juices flowing again.   :smile:

Seriously, I hadn’t realized that Charlie Coyle was 1-1-2 in his time with the Bruins so far. I thought he was 0-for-March. OTOH, Donato is …inconsistent, to say the list. I watched a Minnesota game on NHL Network last week and he floated around without winning a single puck battle. But that appears to be an exception: he went off against the Rangers a game or so later, and this Minny paper called him “the Wild’s best forward.”

Big Fat O
    Participant

The media GMs don’t like the Sale offer. To many questions according to Diabeetle.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

The media GMs don’t like the Sale offer. To many questions according to Diabeetle.

Since he’s an expert, maybe he’s worried Sale will get congestive heart failure.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

Got a Lil’ Debbie or a Twinkie being the most important one.

Hacksaw
    Participant

The Media GM’s are too worried about the guys like JD Martinez opting out and Betts not accepting a team friendly hometown discount deal.

And I believe Betts should get a great deal from the Red Sox he is the Pedro of this era.

jforb
    Participant

If anyone’s beyond bored and has half an hour to kill

Lebron
    Participant

So Bill restructured Gilmore to pay Sale?  He’s too cheap to pay his own players Mike!

4 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

It’s still early but if Gardner Webb pulls this off Virginia should fold the basketball program.

Humphrey
    Participant

It’s still early but if Gardner Webb pulls this off Virginia should fold the basketball program.

Everyone involved was pissing their pants in the first half, including the broadcasters. It went from 30-16, GW, to 71-50 UVA, a 35 point swing, before the benches emptied.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Funny: A poster on a Jets board posts Volin “Where did all the Pats draft space go?” article as a rebuttal to Belichick’s genius. Every single other poster on the board calls Volin and by extension him a total moron. Link

BrianInLA
    Participant

Boy those Jets fans are bitter.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 198 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar