Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/18/2019-3/24/2019 – Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 197 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Blinded By The Lombardis 3 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 198 total)
  • Author

Yahtzee
    Participant

I sacrificed posting for day drinking and hoops watching (with some throwing up in my mouth of the first half of the Virginia game). I apologize a thousand times.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Boy those Jets fans are bitter.

How could you root for the Jets and not be bitter?

At least Bills fans have seen their team make the Super Bowl.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Lefty

Bruins sign Chara to a one year extension.

why does Don Sweeney hate me.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Bruins sign Chara to a one year extension.

why does Don Sweeney hate me.

WTF IS BILL DOIN’? THAT’S TRAY FLOWAHS’S MONEY!!!!!!!

………… what?    :rollseyes:

2 users thanked author for this post.

Lefty

Kraft is a needy man who just can’t keep his mouth shut.

Yahtzee
    Participant

He has the best respect for women.

Coma
    Participant

Boy those Jets fans are bitter.

How could you root for the Jets and not be bitter?

At least Bills fans have seen their team make the Super Bowl.

From a poor decision making standpoint, it makes sense that if a person chooses to root for the Jets, they would also relay on Ben Volin’s reporting.

Feejis
    Participant

What’s the beef with Chara?

Lefty

He is slower than I am.   He has no lateral mobility and will be a liability in the playoffs when people focus on going at him

i get the idea that it is a reasonable contract for a #4 defenseman and I could live with it if they would restrict his minutes to being a #4 defenseman.

(and he just scored a goal, looked at the camera and said “Fuck you, Lefty” in an 80’s movie Eastern European accent)

5 users thanked author for this post.

Feejis
    Participant

He is slower than I am. He has no lateral mobility and will be a liability in the playoffs when people focus on going at him

i get the idea that it is a reasonable contract for a #4 defenseman and I could live with it if they would restrict his minutes to being a #4 defenseman.

(and he just scored a goal, looked at the camera and said “Fuck you, Lefty” in an 80’s movie Eastern European accent)

He’s 3rd among their D in minutes per game basically tied with Carlo who is 4th. Seems about right.

He is still an effective enough player defensively and on the PK and I think the time off helped him.

Humphrey
    Participant

It’s clear Stevens or Irving has to go.

Claude45
    Participant

The Broncos are proposing elimating the onside  kick for a 4 and 15 conversion attempt. As long as Brady is around, I like the odds of the 4/15 over the new rules onside kick. I hope that and the new OT rules pass. Fast forward to Superbowl and the Pats force OT after converting an 4/15 “onside” kick. Then win on the 3rd possession of OT. Leaving some poor QB without a chance to answer. :(

Kingasaurus
    Participant

The Broncos are proposing elimating the onside kick for a 4 and 15 conversion attempt.

I’m convinced people propose this shit without caring about consequences. What if there’s a defensive PI penalty on the 4th and 15, do they convert automatically? Do they get infinite do-overs instead? If you get a defensive offsides, does it become 4th-and-10? If you score a TD on the 4th-and 15, does it count?

How about these incompetent assholes just rescind the recent ban against the running start on the KO (which doesn’t accomplish a fucking thing) and we don’t have to entertain all this Rube Goldberg bullshit.

Claude45
    Participant

The Broncos are proposing elimating the onside kick for a 4 and 15 conversion attempt.

I’m convinced people propose this shit without caring about consequences. What if there’s a defensive PI penalty on the 4th and 15, do they convert automatically? Do they get infinite do-overs instead? If you get a defensive offsides, does it become 4th-and-10? If you score a TD on the 4th-and 15, does it count?

How about these incompetent assholes just rescind the recent ban against the running start on the KO (which doesn’t accomplish a fucking thing) and we don’t have to entertain all this Rube Goldberg bullshit.

The revenue blinds people to just how poorly this league is run. It’s embarssing but nobody gives a shit.

Every single descision is reactionary. Every one. Usually an overreaction/over correction as well. Not one forward thinking rule or program.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Claude45.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Why give another advantage to good passing teams? Why not make it 4th and 1 for the opposing team?

Lefty

I heard Charlie Weis on XM the other day discussing all the overtime changes over the past few years and he said the whole thing was started when “the media elite” got upset that Peyton Manning didn’t get the ball in the game.   He said no coaches were upset and even Tony Dungy, who was coaching Neck Bolts at the time, said it was fine and if they didn’t want to go into overtime they should have stopped someone in regulation.

I just liked Weis saying “media elite” in his stuttering sarcastic tone.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Feejis
    Participant

That 4th and long is an AAFL rule. Since they don’t even have kickoffs.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Phil Fullmer and Fred Thompson are different people, right?

Coma
    Participant

I heard Charlie Weis on XM the other day discussing all the overtime changes over the past few years and he said the whole thing was started when “the media elite” got upset that Peyton Manning didn’t get the ball in the game. He said no coaches were upset and even Tony Dungy, who was coaching Neck Bolts at the time, said it was fine and if they didn’t want to go into overtime they should have stopped someone in regulation.

I just liked Weis saying “media elite” in his stuttering sarcastic tone.

Is this the same “media elite” who got the extra point moved back? I don’t think many coaches were concerned that it was too easy and almost automatic. I think their bigger concern would have been that their team just gave up a TD, not that the opposing team’s kick was going to have too easy a time adding the 7th point.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Something I think I think:  I like the longer extra point.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Go away, Gene Steratore.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Yahtzee.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

The fact that the “media elite” in this context is spearheaded by Peter fucking King makes me irrationally angry. First at Fatty for being the biggest clueless asshole on Planet Earth, second at the idiotic League Office for not correctly ignoring every fart noise that comes out of his fat face/fingers.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Every day we are one step closer to the NFL becoming what the XFL really was back in the day with the insane rules. I’m actually sort of surprised we haven’t seen more complaining about the coin flip because I’m sure there are stats out there that can be used to prove the Pats have an unfair advantage there as well and just propose going to the XFL rule for the OT kick…the ball thrown to the middle of the field and a guy from each team tries to recover it at full speed. Just nonsense. Might as well give every team that loses to the Pats a trophy too just so they don’t feel bad.

Speaking of that, our work did an NCAA bracket but they allowed everyone to do two of them. Why two? Some of the older guys decided to look into this craziness and tracked down the guy running the whole thing. He’s a data/finance guy with an MBA who was trying to give some logic about getting more people involved (not to mention back in the early 90’s the work pools I joined were pretty much always won by someones wife who filled out one bracket and couldn’t name a single player in the entire tournament) and finally I just cut him off and said “Are you a millennial?” to which he replies “Yes, why?” and one of the other guys I was with goes “Ah that makes sense. From the generation where everyone gets a trophy might as well let everyone enter as many times as they wish and just turn the entire thing into a lottery”.

Now everyone get off my lawn and turn down that music.

Claude45
    Participant

It’s looking like the 4 and 15 onside kick rule is going to pass. I’m now really hoping the Pats get down by 21 in a game early next year to the Chiefs ideally. Then get 4 straight possessions to win game as Maholmes looks on. Unable to get on the field.

Or the Pats start using it in the first half. Circumstances that they would never onside kick. “They’re pushing the envelope! This is not the spirit of the rule!”

I’ve never rooted so hard for something I like to self dustruct like I do for the NFL. I hate those fucking morons and I hope this explodes in thier face.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Gronk retires. And it was the Millenials parents who handed out the trophies.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Nashua Dad.
Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 198 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar