Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/2/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 43 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Big Fat O 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 44 posts - 1 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Kevin
    Participant

Should have tweeted at howzie about his ‘Guins last night.

Yahtzee
    Participant

That morning show on EEI is really bad. Did some consultant say they should just gossip about themselves for four hours?

Oh and Mut really is dumb.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Should have tweeted at howzie about his ‘Guins last night.

Is he not a Knights fan now?

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

jforb
    Participant

Oh and Mut really is dumb.

Good news, he’s one of three to fill in for Holley until they find a permanent replacement along with Tomas and Trenni.

NASCL
    Participant

I thought Trenni quit doing the morning show because Kirk made her cry about not attending his father’s wake?

NASCL
    Participant

Time of year where **** is thrown against the wall for possible Pats acquisitions.

Last 24 hours:  CJ Anderson, Dick Sherman, Talib and OBJ.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Also Kenny Vaccaro.

Also Kenny Vaccaro.

Yuck. I bet that got the Patsfans.com “any intrist?” machine humming. Another slow safety riding the coattails of his first-round draft pick pedigree.

Big Fat O
    Participant

That morning show on EEI is really bad. Did some consultant say they should just gossip about themselves for four hours? Oh and Mut really is dumb.

Saddest part is T&R suck even worse.

chicowalker
    Participant

I saw the name and confused it with

Peak Jordan could barely get away with that hat.. :lol:

Hacksaw
    Participant

Time of year where **** is thrown against the wall for possible Pats acquisitions. Last 24 hours: CJ Anderson, Dick Sherman, Talib and OBJ.

Yankees one upped the Red Sox again by getting Russell Wilson.

Claude45
    Participant

Time of year where **** is thrown against the wall for possible Pats acquisitions. Last 24 hours: CJ Anderson, Dick Sherman, Talib and OBJ.

I’ve heard the Seahawks are going to trade him to the Giants. Then Belichick can take his dream job and prove he can win without Brady. Bill loves the thought of winning in NY and with a running QB. Tomase or Borges, print it.

jforb
    Participant

Sox to make offer to Gronk

chicowalker
    Participant

Sox, realizing who their true rivals are, respond by signing Foles or Eli to a minor league deal :dry:

Lefty

As part of their continuing effort to distance themselves from the embarrasing Yawkey, the Sox would sign Michael Bennett, condemn the Vegas cops as racist and send out Sam Kennedy in a rasta hat for the press conference.

Claude45
    Participant

That morning show on EEI is really bad. Did some consultant say they should just gossip about themselves for four hours? Oh and Mut really is dumb.

Everyday it becomes more evident that these people are bigger fans of sports radio than the teams/sport. For the life of me, I’ll never understand it but that’s where we’re at.

Who gives a shit about all the inside baseball about a bunch of uninteresting and unentertaining blowhards? Why would the celebrity callers think anyone should care about their crappy, uninformed take?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Speaking of celebrity callers, anyone ever find Frank From Gloucester’s obit?  Hopefully, easier than the Jared Remy mug shot.

A few times, as I drove by the St. Peter’s Club on the Gloucester waterfront (Route 127), I’d spot this old guy in a Yankees’ warmup jacket sitting on the bench, shooting the shit. Even on the hottest and stickiest summer days, with no breeze. No doubt he was raving on and on about Lazzeri, DiMaggio, Crosetti, Berra, Raschi and Billy the Kid.  Didn’t someone (maybe on this board) say that they were unfortunate enough to catch a whiff of FFG in that smelly warmup jacket? Berra probably spit tobacco juice on it once, and so FFG never washed it. (FFG also never washed FFG either, I guess.)

Feejis
    Participant

Patriots should sign the all-Massachusettts team of free agents.

Ted Bridgewater

Demarcus Lawrence

Carlos Hyde (Park)

Harry Douglas

Humphrey
    Participant

Patriots should sign the all-Massachusettts team of free agents. Ted Bridgewater Demarcus Lawrence Carlos Hyde (Park) Harry Douglas

I was going to propose Mike Lynn for GM, but he’s unfortunately in the Peter King “did you hear about….” category.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

I don’t think Janos is going to stand the test of time, but I have to admit “Fan NBA Celtics best team most titles” would make a great tattoo.

Lebron
    Participant

Somehow I’m sure Bill slurping soup on a media call is still considered more disrespectful than JR Smith throwing soup at an assistant.  It’s the media, show some respect and put the god damned orange juice down for 2 minutes!

Humphrey
    Participant

This was pretty easy.     Go to the funeral home website and there are some more personal references.

He should give his family holy hell in the hereafter for giving the funeral home a photo of him in anything other than a Yankee hat.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bostonglobe/obituary.aspx?n=frank-l-iacono&pid=187945095&fhid=5669

Feejis
    Participant

Rickkyboy – did you move to Providence?

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — A Rhode Island city has issued more than 12,000 speeding tickets in the first 33 days of a new school-zone speed camera program.

WPRI-TV reports 12,193 tickets were issued in Providence between Jan. 16 and Feb. 22 from five speed cameras.

NASCL
    Participant

Only 8 messages of condolence?

Mr. Butch still has them rolling in years after the fact.

http://www.legacy.com/guestbooks/bostonglobe/harold-madison-mr-butch-condolences/90606442?cid=full

Yahtzee
    Participant

Saddest part is T&R suck even worse.

Kim and VB are markedly more entertaining than both.

Lebron
    Participant

@mlombardiNFL

I love Mike Zimmers honesty and love his reasons for not letting Stefanski leave. very Parcellish

Again with Zim’s honesty and yeah I love when I guy who gets denied a promotion within his own organization is then denied the opportunity for a promotion with another organization.

“Should I start on my pet peeve stuff now?” he said. “I get criticized for blocking guys and stuff like that, but loyalty, to me, is a big thing, right? So I come in here four years ago and the offense is 29, 27th, 26th. But I keep them. So the first time our offense is pretty good, then I’m supposed to let all my coaches leave? I don’t think that’s right. If I’m going to be loyal to them and not fire them after they don’t have good years, then I don’t think they should not be loyal to me.”

He’s lucky I didn’t fire him!

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by  Lebron.

Suzy
    Participant

Didn’t someone (maybe on this board) say that they were unfortunate enough to catch a whiff of FFG in that smelly warmup jacket? Berra probably spit tobacco juice on it once, and so FFG never washed it. (FFG also never washed FFG either, I guess.)

Oh, my god.  :ohmy:   :puke:

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Need. More. Coffee.

Got Mister Butch mixed up with Butch From The Cape (died ca. 2001).

:weei:    :lol:

Suzy
    Participant

Everyday it becomes more evident that these people are bigger fans of sports radio than the teams/sport. For the life of me, I’ll never understand it but that’s where we’re at. Who gives a shit about all the inside baseball about a bunch of uninteresting and unentertaining blowhards? Why would the celebrity callers think anyone should care about their crappy, uninformed take?

It’s truly and embarrassingly bad–never thought the product they put out could get any worse than it was but it has. They don’t even make a pretense of talking or caring about sports, they just ramble on about their vastly uninteresting and ignorant selves. Extreme asshole Minihane is clearly calling the shots over there. Just fucking awful radio.

chicowalker
    Participant

This was pretty easy. Go to the funeral home website and there are some more personal references. He should give his family holy hell in the hereafter for giving the funeral home a photo of him in anything other than a Yankee hat. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bostonglobe/obituary.aspx?n=frank-l-iacono&pid=187945095&fhid=5669

:lol:   didn’t know his last name. Same name of a guy who worked in my department who passed away before I was here;  considered by everyone who knew him as one of the most considerate, soft spoken, grounded people they ever knew.  An artist, writer, etc.  So basically bizarro Frank from Gloucester

Lebron
    Participant

Granted I’m in the bag for Arizona but I’m praying that this ESPN story implodes like it appears to be and that shit network and its half assed shit reporting and reporters with their bullshit I stand by my story even though it’s just some guy telling me something that I never saw/heard personally and now it appears to be totally wrong can all go fuck themselves.

chicowalker
    Participant

Rickkyboy – did you move to Providence? PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — A Rhode Island city has issued more than 12,000 speeding tickets in the first 33 days of a new school-zone speed camera program. WPRI-TV reports 12,193 tickets were issued in Providence between Jan. 16 and Feb. 22 from five speed cameras.

guess who got one of those :dry:

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Are the causeways to low-lying areas on the North & South Shores open, or closed? Are there dramatic images from the seawall?

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Lebron
    Participant

Is the Seaside Shanty weathering the storm?

Coma
    Participant

This just sets the stage for the whining when an opposing receiver catches a pass in September – “They coulda had Sherman and Talib instead of these bums! Kraft’s too cheap and Belichick too arrogant to get real playas!”

BSF34
    Participant

Rickkyboy – did you move to Providence? PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — A Rhode Island city has issued more than 12,000 speeding tickets in the first 33 days of a new school-zone speed camera program. WPRI-TV reports 12,193 tickets were issued in Providence between Jan. 16 and Feb. 22 from five speed cameras.

guess who got one of those :dry:

wayne-prof-pic

Wait, what?

Participant

Waxpack’s love letter to Deathcat is beautiful.

“In September, Holley will begin teaching at Boston University’s esteemed journalism school.”

Alex Reimer is an alum, that’s how esteemed they are.

“When the Fauria thing happened, I had come to my decision already. I sat in sensitivity training. I brought my notebook. I dressed up that day, just to psychologically tell myself to take it seriously, I’m going to be involved. ”

Weirdo.

Lebron
    Participant

California Bill got his Masters in Constantly Fucking Up Facts And Shitty Writing at BU.  Tremendous institution.

Humphrey
    Participant

This was pretty easy. Go to the funeral home website and there are some more personal references. He should give his family holy hell in the hereafter for giving the funeral home a photo of him in anything other than a Yankee hat. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bostonglobe/obituary.aspx?n=frank-l-iacono&pid=187945095&fhid=5669

😆 didn’t know his last name. Same name of a guy who worked in my department who passed away before I was here; considered by everyone who knew him as one of the most considerate, soft spoken, grounded people they ever knew. An artist, writer, etc. So basically bizarro Frank from Gloucester

I didn’t either…I googled “Frank From Gloucester” and found some article with his name in it.

Big Fat O
    Participant

According to Felger and Max it’s over in Foxboro.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

California Bill got his Masters in Constantly Fucking Up Facts And Shitty Writing at BU. Tremendous institution.

Everyone forgets that. 

Yahtzee
    Participant

😆 didn’t know his last name. Same name of a guy who worked in my department who passed away before I was here; considered by everyone who knew him as one of the most considerate, soft spoken, grounded people they ever knew. An artist, writer, etc. So basically bizarro Frank from Gloucester

I didn’t either…I googled “Frank From Gloucester” and found some article with his name in it.

The Google Searchers Alliance is going to kick you out like GOB and the magicians.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I guess they figure that, after a few 3-13 seasons, folks will still tune in to them because of their intelligence and witty personae!

Big Fat O
    Participant

I guess they figure that, after a few 3-13 seasons, folks will still tune in to them because of their intelligence and witty personae!

Sadly I can’t wait. It’s hard to shit on a shit show.

Viewing 44 posts - 1 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar