Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/2/2020-3/8/2020 Weekly Discussion Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Jackie Welch won’t be down to make the Micks and Pricks scene.

chicowalker
    Participant

Then, look longingly at tail-wagging lab working the combine for the local police. Look, but don’t touch; DO NOT PET, the warning on the dog says. “A photo?” I ask one of the handlers. Stern “no.”

The fuck is wrong with this guy? (I know, Iknow..) silly as it may seem to him, that dog is working

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

“That would leave Sunday night for the opening of the new jewel of the league: SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles. I’d expect the Rams to open at home in Week 1 and the co-tenant Chargers opening at home in Week 2 or 3. If it’s the Rams in Week 1, imagine Cowboys-Rams on Sunday night, with the glitterati schmoozing with Roger Goodell and Al Michaels and LeBron James pre-game..

Yes Peter, I always tune in for the schmoozing glitterati not the actual game.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Participant

” I am devouring the Coronavirus news, and (French Fries) washing my hands double the normal amount, and still wonder if I’m powerless to stop it in a city like New York.”

jforb
    Participant

Frequent flyer like him is probably the biggest spreader of the virus. And you know he’d duck out of a voluntary quarantine.

Lebron
    Participant

My kids know not to pet or even talk to assistance or working animals.  He probably thinks the rules should be bent for him because he’s Pete. What a fucking dick.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Isn’t Al Michaels actually working the game if that’s the case?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Frequent flyer like him WHO HAS TERRIBLE HYGIENE AND IS STUPID ENOUGH TO TAKE A COLON CLEANSE BEFORE/DURING A FLIGHT is probably the biggest spreader of the virus. And you know he’d duck out of a voluntary quarantine.

Fixed. :smile:

chicowalker
    Participant

Jesus I forgot about that :ohmy: He’s odious

chicowalker
    Participant

I’m sure I’ve posted something along these lines before, so an update- Joel Embiid has missed 270 games in his career, in 6 seasons.  Chief and Kareem missed a COMBINED 191 games in 41 total seasons, and 39 of those were in Chief’s last year, I assume a decent amount of DNP-coach’s decision

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Minihane is taking a leave of absence from his Barstool podcast to seek treatment for depression.

chicowalker
    Participant

Jimmy Lipton asking Jackie Welch his favorite curse word in hell

Lebron
    Participant

I’m sure I’ve posted something along these lines before, so an update- Joel Embiid has missed 270 games in his career, in 6 seasons. Chief and Kareem missed a COMBINED 191 games in 41 total seasons, and 39 of those were in Chief’s last year, I assume a decent amount of DNP-coach’s decision

Or how about the 23 year old who can’t shoot with old man back problems?  In other basketball news, really struck me over the weekend how much the Pacers and then the Clippers paid for Paul George.  Oladipo and Sabonis – Oladipo coming off a major injury – have been great for the Pacers.  And the Thunder have Gallinari/the guy I confuse with Michael Kidd Gilchrist and 5 first round picks.  He’s played 38 out of 60 games this year.

Coma
    Participant

” I am devouring the Coronavirus news, and (French Fries) washing my hands double the normal amount, and still wonder if I’m powerless to stop it in a city like New York.”

WTF does Peter King think he’s going to do to stop a virus? The fact that that thought made it from his head to a column shows he’s beyond any level of delusion we can imagine.

PK as the last uninfected person in NYC would be the worst remake of Omega Man ever. Unlike Charlton Heston or Will Smith (edit to add: or Vincent Price), King wouldn’t be working on a cure. He’d be scrounging Starbucks across the city for supplies and equipment for his personal coffee shop. People would be cheering for the Coronavirus vampires to win.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Coma.
    chicowalker
    Participant

Staggering.  Anyone that complains about Ainge as a GM is a fool.  LA is going to be the basketball wasteland NYC has been in a couple of years.

I’ve disliked teams and players more, but I have never experienced the visceral disgust I have for watching Harden/Houston.  When they had Semi guarding him for a bit I was pleading for him to take one for the team and McHale/Rambis him. He’s getting whistled anyway, fucking make him pay for his gross game

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Lefty

What do we think McHale would get for assisting Rambis to the floor in today’s pussy ball era?   25 games?

Lefty

Which reminds me, I fucking loved this the other night:

https://youtu.be/DOogNLT6vX8

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Lefty.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by Lefty.
    Lebron
    Participant

I hate Harden.  Agree on Semi, might as well clean his clock out and get your money’s worth on the fouls.

One thing I found odd was the reaction to Trevor Ariza dumping Trae Young to the floor after Young pulled his ‘nutmeg’ move on him, namely how people were cheering Ariza for doing it.  Why?  If you leave your legs that wide open and a guy uses that against you, that’s some breach of the unwrittens?  Is this baseball?

Lebron
    Participant

Lefty on it before me, with the opposite take :lol:

Lebron
    Participant

Cedric Maxwell would have missed at least half if not all of the ’81/’82 season for the stuff in the stands against Philly in Game 6.  Would have also missed the finals series where he was the eventual MVP.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Laimbeer and Mahorn would miss half the season with their antics.

Humphrey
    Participant

So Chris Matthews will still be down for breakfast but his show Hardball won’t.

chicowalker
    Participant

Can I agree with Lefty and LeBron? :lol:    As much as I like to clown “back in the day” NBA people, I do think that some degree of being physical/violent has it’s place.  If you get nutmegged, that’s on you.  But if you’re Trae Young- 6 feet nothing, 170 pounds, team has lost 2/3 of his games since he’s been in the league- expect to get whacked.  In his defense, it doesn’t seem like he’s complained about Ariza’s response, at least that I’ve seen.

If I’m a Hawks fan and I think about how Doncic turned into this guy and Cam Reddish (2nd lowest fg% among qualifiers this year) I never stop vomiting

Suzy
    Participant

Then, look longingly at tail-wagging lab working the combine for the local police. Look, but don’t touch; DO NOT PET, the warning on the dog says. “A photo?” I ask one of the handlers. Stern “no.”

The fuck is wrong with this guy? (I know, Iknow..) silly as it may seem to him, that dog is working

Does anyone reveal what a pure cunt they are more often than he does?

Lebron
    Participant

I don’t get the hardo reaction.  So if a guy steals it at half court or gets wide open and does a reverse dunk is he supposed to get a shoulder shimmy as well?  That’s more showboating than what Young’s doing.  You’re sitting there playing ‘defense’ and some guy abuses you and you’re offended?  Is he just supposed to back in to you and dish it like it’s 1983?  Kevin Love got his ass humiliated when Ja Morant dunked on him, he was self deprecating.

Young didn’t complain about it.  I think the Hawks were thinking Young can be the next Curry.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar