Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/2/2020-3/8/2020 Weekly Discussion Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Lebron
    Participant

Chris Sale getting an MRI.  So good!  So good!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    chicowalker
    Participant

Ariza explaining himself after has def. taken on old man yells at cloud vibe.  leave it on the court

Participant

Chris Sale getting an MRI. So good! So good!

Started as a flu – shenanigans with the injury report.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Hey Manfred any time on that Red Sox sign stealing report.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Replying to Suzy (F.U., WordPress!!!)

Audio not suitable for work.

FWIW, Coogan is one, but not as huge a one as Fatty.

Lebron
    Participant

Good news, Devers hits a home run!

Bad news, that makes it 7-1 Yankees!

Nice 5 unearned run first inning though.

Lebron
    Participant

I thought Coogan did a good job in that Laurel and Hardy movie.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Coogan was very good, and Reilly as Oliver Hardy was amazing. That he could execute those dance routines like “Lonesome Pine” — and wear that massive fat suit — was very, very impressive.

EDIT: The dance was during the song “At the Ball, That’s All” as it turns out.

Lefty

This Knicks/Spike Lee kerfuffle is enjoyable in an Iran/Iraq sort of way.

I admire Lee’s Fireman Ed-like commitment:  he is done going to Kicks games!  (This year).

jforb
    Participant

I’m shocked that they actually check his ticket.

Lebron
    Participant

Is it the ticket?  I thought it was just the entrance he was using although that could be related to the ticket.

Participant

This Knicks/Spike Lee kerfuffle is enjoyable in an Iran/Iraq sort of way.

I admire Lee’s Fireman Ed-like commitment: he is done going to Kicks games! (This year).

He estimates he’s spent $10 Mil on tix over the years – a bigger sucker than Chuck Sullivan.  :lol:

jforb
    Participant

Is it the ticket? I thought it was just the entrance he was using although that could be related to the ticket.

Lee said, after having his ticket scanned and boarding an elevator, he was told he must exit the arena and use a different entrance. But he didn’t trust the messengers, believing he’d get stuck outside with his ticket already scanned. Eventually, he took a different indoor route to his seat.

Lebron
    Participant

Liverpool down 0-2 to Chelsea in the FA Cup inside the 85th minute.  Shame.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Fvck Chelsea.  That’s like rooting for the Yankees.

Lebron
    Participant

Soccer is one sport where I honestly don’t have a club/team I hate.

Big Fat O
    Participant

I can’t root for Liverpool because of Powder and his daughter. Hard to root for Powder and his ball club anymore either.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I’ve not been the “Go To Baseball Guy” for roughly 10 years now but has anyone else here ever heard the documented case that the Cubs threw the 1918 World Series for $10k a man? I just saw this on this Joe Jackson bio and I’m positive I have never heard this mentioned in my life. It seems the White Sox claimed to have gotten the idea from the Cubs the previous year and it was somewhat well known within baseball.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Giamatti was about to lift the ban on Joe Jackson post Field of Dreams (no kidding, they claim thats what did it) and then the Rose stuff happened. So its Pete’s fault that Joe still cant get in the Hall.

Lebron
    Participant

I recall Cicotte mentioned it but wasn’t aware if it ever got traction.  The owners were such cheapskates back then, I think here was something where both the Red Sox and Cubs players claimed the owners weren’t paying them or some such.

Lebron
    Participant

I still can’t believe the Celtics lost that game last night.  Giving up 51 in the 4th quarter?  What the fucking fuck?  The LaVert guy got 37 of those points then scored whatever in the overtime, like 11?  All the hardos cheering Ariza should have been on the floor slamming LaVert to the ground.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

How many Friday Afternoons do we have left before the Sox make a 6:30pm  announcement that Sale needs Tommy John surgery?

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Nick B
    Participant

How many Friday Afternoons do we have left before the Sox make a 6:30pm announcement that Sale needs Tommy John surgery?

good friday sounds about right.

Lebron
    Participant

If Yelich signs for that 9/$215, that will make the Red Sox look ‘good’ in the Betts deal and on the flip side I would think the players association would go apeshit.

Lebron
    Participant

‘3rd opinion’ on the elbow?  Dr. Gilbert Mudge giving the opinion?

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar