Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/2/2020-3/8/2020 Weekly Discussion Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    chicowalker
    Participant

Fell asleep on the couch Celts up 18 or so in the third.  Woke up just in time to see them foul on the final three :wall:   WTF happened?  Levert channeling his namesake to get nice, apparently

If they are the three seed by a game…though the prospect of bouncing Philly in the first is nice.  Assuming that they can have anything resembling their whole team for more than a fucking minute

Lebron
    Participant

They were up 21 and I focused on the Bruins game, then went back during the multiple stoppages in the 3rd period and LaVert could have shot it from a parking garage across the street with 5 guys on him and buried it.  It didn’t help that they let the G-League point guard pants them a bit as well.  And Jaylen grabbing his hamstring was the cherry on top.

jforb
    Participant

Haven’t watched yet, how close was it to being a shooting foul at the end of regulation?

GusChiggins
    Participant

Hopefully Chico fell asleep before the Rhode Island game and went to bed happy with the Providence game.

Lebron
    Participant

‘Flexor strain’ for Sale.

NASCL
    Participant

Fully expect Sale to be in and out until late June before undergoing Tommy John and missing most of next year too.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Sale’s 2020 salary had doubled from 15mil last year to 30mil this year and the Sox are on the hook for 2021 and 2022 at the same rate. :blink: Thats more than Shilling stole from Rhode Island for Christ sakes.

Lebron
    Participant

When Sale was healthy he was terrific but you always worry about skinny build pitchers and his whipsaw like motion.  Extensions like what they gave him and when they gave it to him are always a bit worrisome.

jforb
    Participant

Yelp has no affect on my business or life

Also, if anyone’s dieting and struggling with wanting midafternoon snacks, may I suggest a look at her twitter to kill the appetite.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Nick B
    Participant

Also, if anyone’s dieting and struggling with wanting midafternoon snacks, may I suggest a look at her twitter to kill the appetite.

Yet, she comments on it all the time.

twat

Yahtzee
    Participant

Is that an intestinal scope?

Participant

Nailed it, as usual.

“But we certainly have a frontrunner for the saddest report regarding the six-time Super Bowl champ’s prospects in free agency. Boston Sports Journal’s Greg Bedard reported that the market for Brady might not be as robust as some have suggested. And the Titans, who are coached by Brady’s former teammate Mike Vrabel, could just be using Brady rumors to help drive down the price for fellow free agent Ryan Tannehill.

“League sources expect the Titans to lock in Ryan Tannehill at some point at a cheaper rate thanks to the Brady leverage, although that could change,” Bedard wrote.”

jforb
    Participant

How does that work?

Participant

Henri “Pocket Rocket” Richard will not be down for breakfast – 11 cups as a player – don’t tell High Pants Bob that though.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I just saw that the pitcher the Sox singed a few days ago hasn’t thrown a ball in 6 months and “…there’s no timetable for when he could pitch in a major league game.” Their 5th starter is going to have to come from the California Penal league at this rate. :dry:

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Henri “Pocket Rocket” Richard will not be down for breakfast – 11 cups as a player – don’t tell High Pants Bob that though.

He ran a great tavern on Avenue du Parc in Montreal back in the day as well.  Weirdly, he preferred that his first name be pronounced Henry, as in English, not Ahn-RY.

jforb
    Participant

Who looks better: Sox doctors not figuring out Sale or Yankees doctors missing a broken rib for Judge for 5 months?

Hacksaw
    Participant

I’m in Ft Myers for spring training. Tony Mazz is in my tour group of Jet Blue.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Yahtzee
    Participant

Who needs Scientific American when you can hear Covid19 talk from these three bozos on EEI this morning?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Thoughts and prayers.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Hacksaw wrote:

Cough loudly and talk about your recent cruise to China.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Hacksaw
    Participant

Per the person running the tour MLB players access was limited due to Corona Virus. That’s ok with me, but per another source on the tour Mazz’s kid might have been upset.

I will vouch the tour usually has a lot of access to players. We pretty much got a photo and autograph from most mlb starters
    Last year.

Everyone in our group got a baseball thrown to them by a player.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Castig and whoever his broadcast partner is sounded absolutely narcoleptic on the one-third of an inning I just caught the car.

This is going to be a brutal year for WEEI, NESN and Sox ratings.  Hard to believe that the Red Sox were kings of the baseball universe 18 months ago.

EDIT: I fucking love WordPress; it just spelled out Joe’s nickname as Castigates. :lol:

BrianInLA
    Participant

Good to see that Chavis has struck out 10 times in 20 at bats this spring. Someone needs to sacrifice a chicken or something.

Gimp
    Participant

Tatum looks like he lost a few pounds while he was out.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar