Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/23-3/29/2020 Weekly Discussion Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Yahtzee
    Participant

Greg Hill is an idiot. So is Gerry Callahan.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Callahan’s next original thought will be his first.

JFC

Sure, I want to join the team that got me suspended four games for no fucking reason.

jforb
    Participant

Anyone believe a thing from Wickersham?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Anyone believe a thing from Wickersham?

I was going to ask if that’s worth reading.

Lebron
    Participant

That might be the worst piece Wickersham ever put out.  I was bored with it.

Participant

That might be the worst piece Wickersham ever put out. I was bored with it.

Bing0

BrianInLA
    Participant

The rams have a new logo. Its as awful as you can imagine. I can’t link to it. Thanks WordPress.

Also nice cameo to Drogon on Westworld last night.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Looks like the logo for a sports team on a Showtime program.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Coma
    Participant

Re: The Brady wanted to go to the Colts story, I only did a quick scan, but this seems to be PK’s only comment on that topic: “Though the Brady camp had interest in Indianapolis, the Colts seemed to be set on Philip Rivers on a shorter deal.”

He offers no other details on how he came by this news, not even a comment from an “anonymous source.” He also doesn’t address the animosity that Brady may hold towards the Colts organization. This seems more like a story leaked by the Colts for PR purposes rather than something that actually happened. The Colts know Brady’s not going to rebut this, so they can spin this little fantasy to make the Rivers signing look better.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Gostkowski released. Salary cap casualty, no doubt.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Gostkowski = gone.

Lebron
    Participant

That logo is awful.  Are they keeping the ram horn helmet?

On Westworld while I enjoy it I keep having issues with who is supposed to be who as they changed it up in the finale last year then the giant marbles that are supposed to be different hosts.  My brain is scrambled.

The Sean Penn bit on Curb was great.

Brady at QB for 20 years, shit Gostkowski’s been there 14, coming off of hip or whatever lower body injury.  Seems like they’re full speed ahead no looking back.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Godspeed, Double Thump.

Lebron
    Participant

Was listening to the Simmons/Rusillo podcast and they were talking about all of the old sporting events shown over the weekend.  Simmons then goes to the ’78 playoff game and how he remembers ‘everything was shut down’ for that game.  4th grade sure as shit was still going, my dad was sure as shit still at work.  Maybe the city itself but there were no widespread cancellations or major alterations in life that I recall, it was mostly get by a radio or a tv but life was still happening.

Coma
    Participant

I didn’t realize this before now, but it looks like the Rams built the outline of their new stadium to look like their logo, which they just changed. Maybe this was just a coincidence, since they are sharing the stadium, but it’s a nice theory.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Was listening to the Simmons/Rusillo podcast and they were talking about all of the old sporting events shown over the weekend. Simmons then goes to the ’78 playoff game and how he remembers ‘everything was shut down’ for that game. 4th grade sure as shit was still going, my dad was sure as shit still at work. Maybe the city itself but there were no widespread cancellations or major alterations in life that I recall, it was mostly get by a radio or a tv but life was still happening.

It was Rosh Hashanah, all the Jews were home.

Lebron
    Participant

Interesting, didn’t know that with Rosh Hashanah.  My friend’s elementary school let them watch the first 2 innings in the school gym, ours didn’t.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

The Rams went more to the Chargers colors, so the Stadium will seem more like home for both? Seems odd.

Norwood Zip
    Participant

“We told the Rams, hire the folks that made our Super Bowl logos boring. “ Roger G.

NASCL
    Participant

4 users thanked author for this post.
    BrianInLA
    Participant

Was listening to the Simmons/Rusillo podcast and they were talking about all of the old sporting events shown over the weekend. Simmons then goes to the ’78 playoff game and how he remembers ‘everything was shut down’ for that game. 4th grade sure as shit was still going, my dad was sure as shit still at work. Maybe the city itself but there were no widespread cancellations or major alterations in life that I recall, it was mostly get by a radio or a tv but life was still happening.

We listened to it on the school bus ride home in 7th grade. Hard to believe there was a time when it wasn’t fully important to maximize the advertisement revenue nationally and start the game at 8:35pm.

Humphrey
    Participant

I couldn’t go to that game because I switched teaching jobs, from a town that had the holiday to a town that didn’t. Tickets were easy to get if you were at the game the day before (which they had to win to force a tie).

For some reason, it was more important to the American League to get the winner on a plane out to KC for the start of the ALCS the next night versus maximizing the tv audience.

Humphrey
    Participant

For those who live in The Ham or listened to WAAF back in the day, I have a question.

What the hell is going to happen to Mike The Can Man? No one’s going to want to get near the guy, not that you didn’t need to have a clothespin handy when he came around.

NASCL
    Participant

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 117 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar