Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/25-3/31/2019 Weekly Thread – The First Post-Gronk Edition

Tagged: 

This topic contains 187 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  Nashua Dad 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 188 total)
  • Author

Coma
    Participant

We’re not even going to be able to complain about Schiano’s awful defense? I feel cheated!

5 users thanked author for this post.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

So is Greg a booze hound, a pill head or addicted to strange? I’ll hang up and listen.

Go Sox

1 user thanked author for this post.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Pretty simple…media pressure got to him.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Big Fat O
    Participant

That #wetried is terrible and another reminder how awful Craig is. The Patriots were interested in a few guys. They made offers based on their budget and what they thought the player was worth. The player passed. It’s not rocket science or some great failing. Onto plan B, which I have no doubt the Patriots have in mind.

Part of it is the media being either too dumb or too un-excited about what Plan B would be, so they just imagine that the team doesn’t have a Plan B, so if they don’t land certain FAs, then they’re in trouble.

“They didn’t get so-and-so! NOW WHAT?”

The “logic” of the small and simple-minded.

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear someone at work or on social media getting worked up about the WR depth chart in March and the lack of big free agent moves. I’m also not surprised to hear that from the sports media, but I would expect some of them, especially the ones who feel they have a HOF level work ethic and are on par with an NFL coach, to take the next logical steps. Who are WRs and TEs the Patriots may target in the draft? Who are potential trade targets? Who are veterans likely to be cut after June 1st (or whatever the date is now)? What about Josh Gordon? The Patriots are going to have an effective passing offense in 2019. Tell us how they are going to get there instead of saying “They’ve got Edelman and no one else.”

Felger and Mazz are not No 1 because their show is based on coherent talk. Even TEC turned heel when he found out panic and hysteria gets more clicks.

jforb
    Participant

No idea why I read the pft comments but I’m surprised to see that my father isn’t the only one who doesn’t remember teams moved 30 years ago.

frank booth says:
    March 28, 2019 at 5:12 pm
    Give him some credit. He stuck around longer than creepy snake Josh McDaniels did in Baltimore.

Patriots are loaded with this kind of character

Participant

Mittens endorsed a Mangini return, while Midre thinks Rex is the one!

Surrounded by stupid.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

No idea why I read the pft comments but I’m surprised to see that my father isn’t the only one who doesn’t remember teams moved 30 years ago.

frank booth says:

March 28, 2019 at 5:12 pm

Give him some credit. He stuck around longer than creepy snake Josh McDaniels did in Baltimore.

Patriots are loaded with this kind of character

Baltimore?   :blink:   :lol:  

Nashua Dad
    Participant

ESPN and Mendoza for opening day. I was not prepared for this.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Uncle Joe has a Dan Roach clone on with him.

Yahtzee
    Participant

That’s what she said.

NASCL
    Participant

6 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

That was probably Josh Lewin or Mario Impemba; those are veteran guys who were let go by the Mets and Tigers last year. Waxpack had a schedule for the Sox’ radio team schedule on The Baseball Paper’s website the other day. Apparently  Dale and Merloni will call one of the games in April.

:blink:   :wall:   :weei:

Castig is 72 or 73 and will take 18 games off during the season.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

That didn’t take long. One shitty game (THE RED SOX NOW ARE BELOW .500! LOSING RECORD!!!) and the DoomSayers are out in force.

Leading the pitchfork and torch parade? Shank, of course. “What’s Wrong With Chris Sale?” is today’s Page One Insight.

Who else thinks he had this one ready for a month?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Shank has had that one in the bank since 2002 when Pedro shit-the-bed on opening day (from Alex Speier’s globe article from today).

“Clearly he is not yet Pedro,” colleague Dan Shaughnessy wrote. “Will he ever be again?”

Same shit 15 years later. What ever they pay that ass-hat is too much. I hope he gets measles.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

AROD’s gigantic great white choppers could give babbabooey and DA a run for their money….

The play by play guy must spend an hour a day clipping his beard to stubble length….

jforb
    Participant

Better Sale: 3 innings 7 runs or 25 subscriptions?

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Driving around jumping through 98.5, EEI, Sirius, etc. Every time I’d skate through EEI Dale was either humping his book signings in places like Brunswick, Maine or the Big Kahuna dinner where Ray Bourque will sign your copy of his book, too, or plumbing legal definitions of ‘prostitution’ ‘massage’ etc. You’d never know teams are playing games in this town.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Sports fans around here mostly care about EEI personalities. Or so I’m led to believe by certain programming choices.

Coma
    Participant

So is Greg a booze hound, a pill head or addicted to strange? I’ll hang up and listen.

Go Sox

Late to this, but maybe Schiano refused to be the ‘Yes Man’ that Belichick expects all of his assistants to be.

2 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

I’d be shocked if he didn’t know exactly what he was getting into.

Lefty

Captain Cholesterol on 98.5 is glad Schiano is gone, as he was “against that hiring in the first place” because it was “disastrous.”    Went on to say that Matt P was not a good D coordinator and if BB really knew what he was doing, he would have hired Flores as DC years ago instead of Matt P because Flores is clearly so much better.

There needs to be a way for car radios to automatically switch channels when the game you’re listening to ends.

Humphrey
    Participant

Speaking of clones, Leonard Hamilton and Robert Wisdom (Major Bunny Colvin).

Rickkyboy
    Participant

For the 2.3 ppl that care, huge upset looming in ncaa hockey tournament. AIC up 2-0 over #1 St Cloud State at end of 2nd

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by  Rickkyboy.

Yahtzee
    Participant

#FireCora

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Ordway hit peak irony today. He was complaining about ARod not wanting to talk about the game, and spending too much time talking about other stuff.

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 188 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar