Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/3-3/4/2018 Weekend Thread

This topic contains 22 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Yahtzee
    Participant

On the surface, not the biggest sports weekend on the calendar but both Celtics and Bruins have interesting matchups.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Tomase just now: Keeping up with what the media says is part of Cora’s job. He needs to know what people are saying.

Pretty much everything wrong with sports media and its view of itself in two phrases.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

My their latest little lab experiment — trying to drive Price out of town — fall flat on its ass.

Humphrey
    Participant

Tomase just now: Keeping up with what the media says is part of Cora’s job. He needs to know what people are saying. Pretty much everything wrong with sports media and its view of itself in two phrases.

Tutti Smarmy Prick di Smarmy Pricks.

Feejis
    Participant

Sweet autographed Bob Kraft photo came in yesterday’s mail. They really have their finger on the pulse of the fans.

Lefty

Sweet autographed Bob Kraft photo came in yesterday’s mail. They really have their finger on the pulse of the fans.

Did it have a hand written disclaimer?

”Robert “Not the Biological Dad” Kraft”

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

It included an authentic DNA sample.

Feejis
    Participant

Nice comeback by the Bruins.

The white pants Toronto is wearing in DC tonight are absurd.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Do you think Dale has 3-4 “how windy is it” sayings? Or does he just repeat, “Not much of a breeze today, huh?”

Yahtzee
    Participant

Nice comeback by the Bruins.

It was the Bruins’ third straight victory and completed their four-game sweep of the season series with their archrivals for the first time since 1994-95.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Do you think Dale has 3-4 “how windy is it” sayings? Or does he just repeat, “Not much of a breeze today, huh?”

“March sure is coming in like a lion, am I right?”

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Humphrey
    Participant

This is one NBA game where it appears that one referee is saddled with two blatant incompetents.  If he doesn’t blow the whistle, the call sucks, usually against the Cs.

Lebron
    Participant

T & P to Bootleg Barnicle on the passing of working class hero Charles Emerson Winchester III.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

T & P to Bootleg Barnicle on the passing of working class hero Charles Emerson Winchester III.

I would have guessed he was 1. older and 2. already dead.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I would have guessed he was 1. older and 2. already dead.

His second career was being one of the heavy hitters of documentary narration. It’s good work if you can get it. Liev Schreiber does so much of it, that I doubt he ever has to do anything else.

Yahtzee
    Participant

And yet Steve Buckley and Butch Stearns are still alive and, worse yet, on my radio.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Bill Brett not getting the best jobs.

https://billbrettboston.com/700-turn-out-to-celebrate-the-life-of-donny-higgins/

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by  Yahtzee.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Can Suzy come by and give me some Twitter follows for the Oscars?

jforb
    Participant

Can Suzy come by and give me some Twitter follows for the Oscars?

Coma
    Participant

The US won the Vegas 7s tournament for the first time. I don’t know how they’ll do in the next tournament, but it was nice to see them get a win “at home,” in games you could watch live at a decent hour.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Ted Sarandis just got thanked!

Yahtzee
    Participant

Kobe Bryant?

Humphrey
    Participant

Ted Sarandis just got thanked!

Details?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar