Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/4/19 – 3/10/19 Weekly Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 228 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Feejis 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 229 total)
  • Author

NASCL
    Participant

Might be the wrong day to break out the spring wardrobe.

1 user thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

Jesus she really is tiny

Hacksaw
    Participant

Jim Ross “She is one handsome woman King.”

Participant

Pete wants to hear today’s hits – with the hipping & the hopping and the baggy pants….

“It’s like time stopped in 1987. Everywhere—hotel lobbies, restaurants, mostly—you hear music your parents played. Bob Seger is more popular in this town than Cardi B.

New music is allowed. In fact, I checked city ordinances, and there is not one reading, “Only music recorded before 1990 will be allowed in all public spaces and Skywalks and buildings.”

Lebron
    Participant

In fact I checked all city ordinances.   “In fact” what an asshole.  By saying that you are saying you actually read all city ordinances and ‘in fact’ you didn’t because nobody would.  If you go that route say ‘pretty sure if I checked all city ordinances it wouldn’t say…’

2 users thanked author for this post.

Nick B
    Participant

tryout time again down at Gillette

https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/03/03/new-england-patriots-cheerleader-auditions-at-gillette-stadium/

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Nick B.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Maybe Pete should listen to the lyrics of today’s new music. Some of these songs aren’t family friendly.

For some strange reason he thinks people give a bleep what he thinks.

chicowalker
    Participant

Luke Perry won’t be down to angst up the Peach Pit

BrianInLA
    Participant

Gurley has arthritis in his left knee, same knee that was injured in 2014. He has $34.5 million guaranteed. I’m guessing we never hear another word about the bogus non-injury report. But I will take some joy in knowing the Rams have maybe 1 more season of being all-in before they suck again. Couple that with the Lakers fans all jumping off bridges this morning its been a nice Monday. Maybe just putting LeBron on a crap team doesn’t guarantee a Finals trip after all regardless of what every talking head in the country told me.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Luke Perry won’t be down to angst up the Peach Pit

Same age as me. Thoughts and prayers. :( He was fantastic in Oz.

chicowalker
    Participant

Plus 1000 BiL.  Currently reading Jerry West’s autobiography (awesome, that guy is fueled by petty rage enough to be an honorary BSMW member).  Prompted me to look up his stats, and noticed that after this year, the Lakers would have only missed the playoffs 12 times in 71 years of existence.  Unfortunately for their current fans, 1/2 of those missed seasons have occurred in the last six years, consecutively :lol:

Lebron
    Participant

Pete and his wife are getting to be quite the theater goers, in Manhattan, where they live.  I get the feeling Pete is unaware that the play Network was based upon the film Network, namely that there was a film.

Brian Cranston was just tremendous as a network TV anchor who cracks up, basically, on national TV. The play, meh. Too much time spent on non sequiturs like an affair in the workplace that had zero to do with anything related to the plot. An unsatisfying ending hurt the play too.

Pete would have loved to break the news to Academy voters that Peter Finch was dead.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Didn’t know he suffered a stroke last week.  Someone check on California Bill.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Robin, anything else in the news?

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Hacksaw.

Yahtzee
    Participant

tryout time again down at Gillette

https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/03/03/new-england-patriots-cheerleader-auditions-at-gillette-stadium/

That’s a man, Nick.

Terrible news about Dylan McKay.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Plus 1000 BiL. Currently reading Jerry West’s autobiography (awesome, that guy is fueled by petty rage enough to be an honorary BSMW member). Prompted me to look up his stats, and noticed that after this year, the Lakers would have only missed the playoffs 12 times in 71 years of existence. Unfortunately for their current fans, 1/2 of those missed seasons have occurred in the last six years, consecutively :lol:

LA fans are slowly morphing into the “Poor Us” Jets fans. Dodgers back-to-back World Series appearances and lose both including to Boston. Rams finally good again and lose to the Pats. Lakers fuck up the draft and take Ball instead of Tatum and yet get bailed out with Lebron and still end up missing the playoffs. Kings in dead last place in the Western Conference (yet could somehow still make the playoffs). Kershaw having shoulder issues after signing a $93 million extension and now the Gurley news.

Pete and his wife are getting to be quite the theater goers, in Manhattan, where they live. I get the feeling Pete is unaware that the play Network was based upon the film Network, namely that there was a film.

Brian Cranston was just tremendous as a network TV anchor who cracks up, basically, on national TV. The play, meh. Too much time spent on non sequiturs like an affair in the workplace that had zero to do with anything related to the plot. An unsatisfying ending hurt the play too.

Pete would have loved to break the news to Academy voters that Peter Finch was dead.

I have Dean Wormerish surprise that Fatty has no idea who Paddy Chayefsky was.

And it’s “Bryan”, Pete.

Lebron
    Participant

Oh shit I missed the Brian/Bryan

Big Fat O
    Participant

In case you haven’t tuned in today it’s all Kyries fault. Get rid of him and Haywood and all problems are solved.

Nick B
    Participant

In case you haven’t tuned in today it’s all Kyries fault. Get rid of him and Haywood and all problems are solved.

that’s been their angle for the last 3 weeks.    :weei:   :puke:

Big Fat O
    Participant

If Futility Lou ever played as well as he expects everyone else to play he would have been the greatest ever.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

that’s been their angle for the last 3 weeks. :weei: :puke:

Are we talking LeBron here or the real idiots on the air?

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I’m not unconvinced that Kyrie and his silver plated squalk box aren’t as annoying to his teammates as they are to us.

Can always let him walk and sign Rosier to a deal. Hell of a lot cheaper.

Lebron
    Participant

He’s such a fake douchebag.  Whoa is me, I don’t want attention, I just want to play basketball!  Hold on let me tell you about my phone call to Lebron.  Is that mic on?  I want to be a leader!  This job would be great if I didn’t have to actually lead!  I hate all of this media bullshit that comes with playing basketball, I won’t miss it when I’m done playing!  Can Rachel Nichols fit me in tomorrow?  Remember when he said he’d never say exactly why he shot is way out of Cleveland?  That lasted what, 15 months?  I hope he blows his knee out and gets lockjaw.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Or goes to the Lakers and they STILL miss the playoffs.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 229 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar