Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/4/19 – 3/10/19 Weekly Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 228 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Feejis 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 226 through 229 (of 229 total)
  • Author

Humphrey
    Participant

Sally Jenkins’ tribute to her late father, Dan:

A new manuscript of a novel my father just finished is still open on his desk — he was working on it on his last day at home before he fell and broke his hip and the congestive heart failure had its final say, from all the bacon and cigarettes. The novel, titled “The Reunion At Herb’s Café,” tells readers where his major fictional characters ended up. (It will be published by TCU Press.) His most famous and true creation was Billy Clyde Puckett, a sort of composite of all the dashing NFLers he knew. I stood over the manuscript this morning in tears, then read a line and almost spit my coffee.

In the book, Billy Clyde is a retired old man, with two dogs.

He named them Tom and Giselle.

:lol:
    Jenkins can be rightfully credited with coining the expression “Dog Ass Jets”. :lol:

2 users thanked author for this post.

Lefty

Others have mentioned it before but first time I am hearing him – Tirico is actually fairly good at hockey pbp

1 user thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

The move to NBC seems to have made him way less annoying than he was at ESPN maybe he was trying to hard to pimp shitty football games.  Also a fresh crop of women to harass.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Feejis
    Participant

Others have mentioned it before but first time I am hearing him – Tirico is actually fairly good at hockey pbp

Literally did it for the first time a few weeks ago. Compare to the never will bes like Wallach or Meterparel who can’t do any of it competently.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 226 through 229 (of 229 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar