Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/4/19 – 3/10/19 Weekly Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 228 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Feejis 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 229 total)
  • Author

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I mean Kraft really just needs to listen to Dan Savage and find out how to procure a free range, cruelty free whoah. Easier said than done in the post SESTA world. But you have to get an organic jackoff. There simply is no substitute

BrianInLA
    Participant

Actually Fritz the booker had a bit of Urban Meyer in him. When ratings finally hit rock bottom he faked a heart attack (back before Vince McMahon made that sort of thing a common occurrence) at a live show to garner sympathy from the dying fanbase which was sort of callous since most of his kids had died in some tragic form or another. Didn’t work as well for Meyer with all the “health issues” and him bending over holding his head all the time. But I guess Fritz figured that every time one of his kids died they could do another giant Tribute Show and fill a stadium so might as well go full tilt and put yourself in the ER and then print the tickets.

Lebron
    Participant

I would have bet anything it was “Skandar Akbar” just by how they pronounced it on tv.

Lebron
    Participant

Louis Riddick shitting on PFF Sam Monson is terrific.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Lefty

At next years trading deadline. players will refuse to come to the Bruins out of fear of getting a concussion, like Nash last year and Johansson this year.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I the 80’s, I knew a friend-of-a-friend who had WWF connections in town. Told a story about having to drive a guy and his friend “Chris” to Logan at the last minute, in his tiny 2-door hatchback. “Chris” was King Kong Bundy, who could barely squeeze into the passenger seat and the driver had a hell of a time shifting the car with KK’s massive left thigh in the way. Longest ride to Logan ever. :lol:

6 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

Craft Beer not quite citrusy enough?

Kid steal your foul ball?

4-Time Emmy winner’s performance wasn’t up to you and your activist wife’s theatrical standards?

Out of touch and unaware of it?

Operators  at The FMIA Free Legal Advice Hotline are standing by, with an average hold time of a jaw dropping 6:19 seconds.

Call 1-800-3KLEMKO operators are standing by.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Damn Duke should have lost that.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Dammit — switched channels and missed B’s goal.

On the bright side, I missed Edwards’ blubber reference.

Humphrey
    Participant

Where the heck did that effort come from?    33 point blowout.

Humphrey
    Participant

It’s not offseason for Mazz any more.

Someone called up asking about Dalbec and Chavis.   Mazz:  “I think the Red Sox’ player development sucks”.   A team with a lot of good young players* gets that type of comment?   Click.

*young pitching I’d be open to his screed, but not field players.

Nick B
    Participant

It’s not offseason for Mazz any more.

Someone called up asking about Dalbec and Chavis. Mazz: “I think the Red Sox’ player development sucks”. A team with a lot of good young players* gets that type of comment? Click.

*young pitching I’d be open to his screed, but not field players.

i’m surprised they even mentioned the Sox. It’s been all Kyrie all the time.

you’d never know that this town has any other sports team.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Dammit — switched channels and missed B’s goal.

On the bright side, I missed Edwards’ blubber reference.

That was the most over-the-top e-JACK-ulation in a long, long time.  What a clown he is.  I can see someone like that doing TV PBP in a marginal hockey market, but this a 95-year-old O-6 franchise. But that’s what “sells,” I guess.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

That was the most over-the-top e-JACK-ulation in a long, long time.  What a clown he is.  I can see someone like that doing TV PBP in a marginal hockey market, but this a 95-year-old O-6 franchise. But that’s what “sells,” I guess.

Maybe it was the Whalercanes sweaters, but I was longing for a Fred Cusick and Derek Sanderson call last night.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I missed a lot of Cusick and Sanderson’s tenure together because I lived out of town, but the thing I liked most about Sanderson was his ability to identify a developing play a split second before it happened. For example, he seemed to be able to anticipate a turnover, and if it was a Bruin who was about to commit the mistake, Sanderson would say something like “Uh oh” a nanosecond before the opponent swiped the puck and began his breakaway or odd-man rush.

2 users thanked author for this post.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

I missed a lot of Cusick and Sanderson’s tenure together because I lived out of town, but the thing I liked most about Sanderson was his ability to identify a developing play a split second before it happened. For example, he seemed to be able to anticipate a turnover, and if it was a Bruin who was about to commit the mistake, Sanderson would say something like “Uh oh” a nanosecond before the opponent swiped the puck and began his breakaway or odd-man rush.

Yes! I still say “hey hey” out loud when I see like Marchand breaking in shorthanded last night because that’s what Sanderson would say just before the play developed.

Lefty

On the other hand…..”Derek’s keys to the game”  with nuggets like “out skate the Blues” and “out score the Blues” really showed the years of gutter dwelling brain damage.

Big Fat O
    Participant

In ok with Edwards even though he goes go over the top a bit. I’ll take a homer any day of the week.

The radio guy, Judd, is ok but yells way to much. Goucher was the Mile Gorman of radio. Too bad he left.

Grande on the other hand sucks. One minute they suck then their great. He also likes to channel his inner Jim Nance and wax poetic. Just STFU and tell me who has the ball.

Lefty

In ok with Edwards even though he goes go over the top a bit. I’ll take a homer any day of the week.

The radio guy, Judd, is ok but yells way to much. Goucher was the Mile Gorman of radio. Too bad he left.

Grande on the other hand sucks. One minute they suck then their great. He also likes to channel his inner Jim Nance and wax poetic. Just STFU and tell me who has the ball.

Was out in Vegas last week and heard Gaucher on a tv broadcast and realized how good he was/is.

I went to a Knights game while I was out there.  Sold out, packed house.   Based on their cheering contest (“clap now if you are local, clap now if you are a tourist”) it was 80-20 locals, which surprised me.   It was a lot of fun and everything you would expect from Vegas.   Non-stop entertainment, noise and large breasted cheerleaders in the aisles.    For a one off, I had a really good time.

There is no way, though, I could imagine listening to that crap every game as a season ticket holder.     There was a funny part where the crowd was over the top on the refs for what they believed was a missed call on delay of game.   The crowd was completely wrong on the rule and there was no penalty to be called.  But, they were losing it on the ref loud and strong.   Still learning, I guess

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Goucher did the play by play on NHL Network’s broadcast of Bruins-Knights* a couple of weeks ago from Vegas.  He was–as usual–very, very good. Too bad NESN didn’t hire him instead of Edwards when they bounced Dale out of the television PBP gig ten years ago. Goucher spent 16 years (plus the lockout) on WBZ Radio and his work with Beers was fantastic.

*Brickley might have done the color on that game.

Participant

Lefty, Is the Al Davis eternal flame at the new Raiders stadium lit yet?

Participant

The Globe’s in touch.

According to vexillologists (people who study flags), Boston is among the country’s cellar-dwellers when it comes to its flag.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Hey lets get out the rebel flag….Massachusetts per the Sports Media is a Southern state.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

The Globe’s in touch.

According to vexillologists (people who study flags), Boston is among the country’s cellar-dwellers when it comes to its flag.

Not wrong, though.  Boston’s flag is an “SOB”: “Seal on a bedsheet”.

The state flag is, too. Dull as dirt, the both of them.

Lefty

Jamie Collins cut by Cleveland after they were unable to find anyone to trade for him.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 229 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar