Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/4/19 – 3/10/19 Weekly Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 228 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Feejis 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 229 total)
  • Author

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

In ok with Edwards even though he goes go over the top a bit. I’ll take a homer any day of the week.

The radio guy, Judd, is ok but yells way to much. Goucher was the Mile Gorman of radio. Too bad he left.

Grande on the other hand sucks. One minute they suck then their great. He also likes to channel his inner Jim Nance and wax poetic. Just STFU and tell me who has the ball.

Goucher did the play by play on NHL Network’s broadcast of Bruins-Knights* a couple of weeks ago from Vegas. He was–as usual–very, very good. Too bad NESN didn’t hire him instead of Edwards when they bounced Dale out of the television PBP gig ten years ago. Goucher spent 16 years (plus the lockout) on WBZ Radio and his work with Beers was fantastic.

*Brickley might have done the color on that game.

CORRECTION: It was the NBC Sports Network’s production, not NHL Network’s.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Jamie Collins cut by Cleveland after they were unable to find anyone to trade for him.

Maybe he can hook up with Chandler Jones in AZ. He’s used to going 2-14 or worse but at least it would be better weather.

Lebron
    Participant

Steven Wright gets an 80 game PED suspension.  And he beats women too!

Lebron
    Participant

Strange Champions League results the last couple of days.  Real Madrid’s collapse yesterday and PSG today up 2-0 in aggregate and both goals away goals.  Lose 3-1 at home and give up the deciding away goal on a stoppage time penalty.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Lebron.
    1 user thanked author for this post.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Steven Wright gets an 80 game PED suspension. And he beats women too!

Futility Lou was making it sound like the season is over. Why didn’t they get another pitcher, etc. When did Wright become Pedro? He can eat some innings but they really didn’t miss him last year much.

Yahtzee
    Participant

dummy

Lefty

“Hohler!  Roll out a front page piece on violence and sexism in the Patriots organization, stat!”  “Yes, Mr Henry”

4 users thanked author for this post.

Lefty

Seriously, that pinch running appearance really threw his life into a tailspin.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

If anyone misses John Dennis’ bloviating, I just randomly timed a Barnicle “question” on TV.  Over 34 seconds — or longer than a standard commercial break.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Hacksaw
    Participant

“Hohler! Roll out a front page piece on violence and sexism in the Patriots organization, stat!” “Yes, Mr Henry”

“This Red Sox player plays in the same town as fellow Michael Jackson Victory tour enablers the New England Patriots…..”

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Wright seems like a big dope. I seriously doubt the Sox were counting on him for anything given the shit-show he’s been the last 2 years.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

King Kong Bundy is dead.

Let me guess, WWE guy??

All the way back to WWF and the Southern League before that,  I believe.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

61 for Bundy is like 119 for regular humans.

Had to be steroids.

That killed him or kept him able to work?

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

the Von Erichs territory covered Dallas to Ft. Worth and Lynn MA.

RIP, Killer K.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

It’s not offseason for Mazz any more.

Someone called up asking about Dalbec and Chavis. Mazz: “I think the Red Sox’ player development sucks”. A team with a lot of good young players* gets that type of comment? Click.

*young pitching I’d be open to his screed, but not field players.

Sadly, I think we all have to come to terms with the fact that Mazz has only one opinion on everything and everyone: “Sucks.”

If I ran into him in one of his restaurant recommendations, I have a feeling I’d change barstools after listening to him for 5 minutes. Can’t fathom 4 hours a day, 5 days a week, even though Felger occupies 98% of the airtime.

Participant

Odds Dan actually ran into these 3 people?

Out for a cold morning jog a couple of days ago, I came across two neighbors on their daily walk, and they insisted I take a pause from my hideous daily mile.

“Please, answer one question,’’ said one of the walkers. “What’s up with Kyrie?’’

We were just seconds into a discussion about the mercurial Celtics guard when another hearty soul, the guy who delivers the morning Globe in our hood, wheeled to a sudden stop, rolled down his window, and said, “Dan, are we gonna trade Kyrie?’

jforb
    Participant

Out for a cold morning jog a couple of days ago, I came across two neighbors on their daily walk, and they insisted I take a pause from my hideous daily mile.

“Please, answer one question,’’ said one of the walkers. “What’s up with Kyrie?’’

We were just seconds into a discussion about the mercurial Celtics guard when another hearty soul, the guy who delivers the morning Globe in our hood, wheeled to a sudden stop, rolled down his window, and said, “Dan, are we gonna trade Kyrie?’

He’s not at spring training still? And his globe guy isn’t done by 5:30?

Lefty

He’s not at spring training still? And his globe guy isn’t done by 5:30?

I think the Globe has one delivery guy that covers Eastern Ma for the 100 or so remaining subscribers.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Sending reporters to Spring Training is creepy. “My paper sent me down to watch guys take BP and ask guys questions when they get done working out.”

Suzy
    Participant

dummy

Big dummy.

Attended one of his meltdown appearances two summers ago. Understand that when the knuckler’s off it’s off & that’s gonna happen to any knuckler from time to time, but wow was that game ugly.

Big Fat O
    Participant

It’s not offseason for Mazz any more.

Someone called up asking about Dalbec and Chavis. Mazz: “I think the Red Sox’ player development sucks”. A team with a lot of good young players* gets that type of comment? Click.

*young pitching I’d be open to his screed, but not field players.

Sadly, I think we all have to come to terms with the fact that Mazz has only one opinion on everything and everyone: “Sucks.”

If I ran into him in one of his restaurant recommendations, I have a feeling I’d change barstools after listening to him for 5 minutes. Can’t fathom 4 hours a day, 5 days a week, even though Felger occupies 98% of the airtime.

Sports radio has become 100% negative. Everything sucks now. It took about 10 min after the SB win to go negative even winning it still sucked for some.

Their killing Kyrie and some is self inflicted but the guy can’t catch a break. If he says nothing it’s bad, if he says anything it’s bad. Diabeetle was questioning if he’s really hurt or if it’s some coddling. He can’t walk 5 steps without getting out of breath but he’s questioning whether the guy is hurt or not.

im beginning to wonder why any superstar would want to play here and deal with the media here.

5 users thanked author for this post.

NASCL
    Participant

Betty Hopkins:  Underrated.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Is Felgers wife still on at Fox

Claude45
    Participant

Practically speaking, I think Felgie’s the wife.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

If they gave out Pulitzer’s for reading Starbucks/Apple press releases or narrating YouTube animal videos, she would have a house full of both.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 229 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar