Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/4/19 – 3/10/19 Weekly Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 228 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Feejis 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 229 total)
  • Author

Lefty

Is Felgers wife still on at Fox

If they gave out Pulitzer’s for reading Starbucks/Apple press releases or narrating YouTube animal videos, she would have a house full of both.

Still hasn’t figured out how to stop looking happy and like she’s trying to seduce the camera when she’s talking about a tragic or mass casualty event.
    Image result for underwood fox 25

“In other news, 37 children died horrible excruciating deaths today….”

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

I hate the media and all but Kyrie created a lot of this himself, just like his mentor Lebron and his new best buddy Durant.  I like all the attention when it’s positive but hate it when it’s negative.  I’ll use the media when I want then criticize their coverage/characterization when it doesn’t suit my purposes.  I’ll do sit down interviews with friendly media types but then say I don’t owe the media shit if it isn’t a forum or a time or a person that I like.  Plus he just sounds like douchebag.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

Is Felgers wife still on at Fox

If they gave out Pulitzer’s for reading Starbucks/Apple press releases or narrating YouTube animal videos, she would have a house full of both.

Still hasn’t figured out how to stop looking happy and like she’s trying to seduce the camera when she’s talking about a tragic or mass casualty event.

Image result for underwood fox 25

“In other news, 37 children died horrible excruciating deaths today….”

“Goddamn up tempo numbers.”  Casey Kasem

2 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Tom Seaver dementia news is sad.  He was a great pitcher.  Always wish it was him rather than Al Nipper starting in the ‘86 postseason

Lebron
    Participant

Case Keenum to the Redskins for a 6th round pick.  Elway does it again!

Yahtzee
    Participant

That’s a shame:

With the Lakers all but officially out of playoff contention — trailing the Western Conference’s No. 8 seed LA Clippers by 6 ½ games with 17 left to play — the team is making plans to scale back LeBron James’ minutes to close out the season.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Someone on Twitter pointed out Magic averaged 33 minutes a game in his comeback after missing 4 years being 30 pounds heavier and having fucking HIV

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Case Keenum to the Redskins for a 6th round pick. Elway does it again!

Interesting. I thought Josh Rosen might be heading there.

Lefty

Supposedly Antonio Brown is getting traded to Buffalo, per Rap Sheet

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Lefty.

Lefty

😆 and now Shefter is saying Rap Sheet is completely wrong and there is no Buffalo trade

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

That whole thing was like a dud of a rocket; shot out and fell to earth in about 20 minutes. Does Schefty ever sleep? He was tweeting at 3:30 this morning.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

FCM, how did you enjoy the Antonio Brown era?

8 users thanked author for this post.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

I love that the Steelers and Bills had it all worked out, and Brown said “Nope, not going, forget that.” But the Steelers said AB would have no say in where he was traded. Sure

How’s your big plan working out for you, Antonio?

Humphrey
    Participant

😆 and now Shefter is saying Rap Sheet is completely wrong and there is no Buffalo trade

I was stunned that Breer put out first that the former Bucs DC was going to Cincy and it turned out he was correct.     When was Breer both first and right about anything?

Nashua Dad
    Participant

But seriously, the Bills believed he’d want to go there?

Participant

They have the best super fans.

Image result for Luke Russert

GusChiggins
    Participant

This how Kyler Murray thing is driven by the baseball media complex who are upset he passed on the grand old game, right?

Participant

This how Kyler Murray thing is driven by the baseball media complex who are upset he passed on the grand old game, right?

What baseball media complex?

Maybe you walked around the house with a Wiffle Ball bat in your hand all day. Maybe you slept in your uniform the night before your first Little League game. Maybe you got a new mitt for Christmas and put a ball in it and tied it up for the winter so it would have a good pocket for spring. Or maybe you wore your baseball pants when you rode your bike to school.

Maybe those were things you watched your own kids do.

Thursday in Fort Myers, Dustin Pedroia was that kid.

NASCL
    Participant

I’m assuming it’s a terrible smokescreen in order to build value for the pick, but are the Cardinals really dumb enough to take Murray first overall?

chicowalker
    Participant

Why would the Steelers give a fuck about Brown’s opinion?

Feejis
    Participant

Well he has been playing in Pittsburgh. Understanding it’s a darling franchise to the media, can living there really be that much better than Buffalo area?

Feejis
    Participant

Why would the Steelers give a fuck about Brown’s opinion?

I’m assuming he said he wouldn’t report so why would BUF give up anything of value for him?

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Well he has been playing in Pittsburgh. Understanding it’s a darling franchise to the media, can living there really be that much better than Buffalo area?

I never took into account the city, just the QB. I suppose he simply wants to be paid and could care less about the TDs.

Feejis
    Participant

I never took into account the city, just the QB. I suppose he simply wants to be paid and could care less about the TDs.

I agree he wants to be paid but he’s holding the cards because of the dead money PIT absorbs if they deal him. Sending him out for a conditional 6th rounder or whatever just to get him out of the building doesn’t seem like something they’re willing to do yet.

Lebron
    Participant

Teams would back out of a trade namely because Brown wants a new contract, Mr. Big Chest or whatever.  Before making the trade they’re going to speak with his agent about a contract and if the agent is saying my client doesn’t want to go there, then why make the move.  He’s already proven to be a totally disruptive asshole, accurate and funny comments about Rapist notwithstanding.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 229 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar