Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/4/19 – 3/10/19 Weekly Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 228 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Feejis 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 229 total)
  • Author

Feejis
    Participant

This will go over well with the angry white morning show.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Nice math Coach

Last night was ridiculous. Down 2-0 again. Yawn. Down 3-1 with a minute left. Zzzzzzz. Just closing time for these Bruins.

First up, Matt Grzelcyk lights the lamp. Then, after a dumb high-sticking by Charlie McAvoy sent the Bruins back in their zone, Zdeno Chara’s stick got the puck — after the Panthers won the faceoff (hugely underrated play) — Brad Marchand made a sick feed from the boards, and Patrice Bergeron buried it with 7 seconds left to win the game.

Did Coach Betard write this or Felger?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I’m fine with it if it’s short term, just do your job, and avoid dumb penalties.

If he jumps offsides all year or gets stupid personal fouls, that’ll irritate people.

2 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

If it’s the ’70s Pirates you gotta have a big rock of coke while singing We Are Family!

Wouldn’t have ruled that out w/my father’s softball team.  We’d go to the bar after games, they’d give me quarters for galaga and shots of beer (I was 8) and get obliterated

2 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Was telling my wife how my grandfathers had shot glasses at their respective houses for us grandkids so we could have a “schlook” of beer when we visited.  This was in the wake of her seeing our 18 year old nephew having a beer at his house, she’s one of those types that thinks something magical happens when you turn 21 and you are suddenly able to consume alcohol.

Turd Furguson
    Participant

Chico, I remember Legion Pub being a shit hole.   What was #1 ?

Feejis
    Participant

I’m fine with it if it’s short term, just do your job, and avoid dumb penalties.

If he jumps offsides all year or gets stupid personal fouls, that’ll irritate people.

He has a similar cap hit as Clayborn, who I think was better than people give credit for last year but wasn’t a stud. They could still keep flowers and then dump Clayborn if that works out.

Participant

Lebron
    Participant

Forgot he was in Tampa with Schiano.

1 user thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

Chico, I remember Legion Pub being a shit hole. What was #1 ?

:lol: my unofficial rankings had the Gaspee Lounge as #1, though as I think of it that was technically Warwick by about 100 feet over the bridge in Pawtuxet Village

Lebron
    Participant

What the hell?

Lebron
    Participant

Report is a a 2020 5th for Bennett and a 2020 7th.  So not even any picks this year.

Participant

Avoid Pike/495 if possible.

Truck Carrying Fireball Cinnamon Whisky Bottles Rolls Over On 495

EDIT:  Nevermind It was yesterday, I WAS RIGHT AT THE TIME

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  02062.
    3 users thanked author for this post.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

But seriously, the Bills believed he’d want to go there?

They have the best super fans.

Image result for Luke Russert

Jeez, you’d think his Dutch Uncle Barnicle would extend a hand after Lukie’s Congressional Correspondent flame-out. C’mon, Mike! Get him a “Youth Culture’s Politics” job at Morning Joe or have Annie hand him the standard-issue $100K BoA “consulting contract – advertising to young people” food dish. NBC — slot him on Meet the Press to shout out his father’s infamous “Will you, right here on Meet the Press, announce that you’re running for president?” line and spare Chuck Todd the embarrassment. Help a (frat) brother out!

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

I would’ve lost my mortgage. Definitely thought it was Buckley.

The focus on the pants was a bit deceiving.

jforb
    Participant

Avoid Pike/495 if possible.

Truck Carrying Fireball Cinnamon Whisky Bottles Rolls Over On 495

EDIT: Nevermind It was yesterday, I WAS RIGHT AT THE TIME

Must be a different reason but you’re right now too. Going the other way but that makes a mess out of the ramp, damnit.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Was telling my wife how my grandfathers had shot glasses at their respective houses for us grandkids so we could have a “schlook” of beer when we visited. This was in the wake of her seeing our 18 year old nephew having a beer at his house, she’s one of those types that thinks something magical happens when you turn 21 and you are suddenly able to consume alcohol.

The magic happens when you hit 65 or so and they tell you have to quit (“they” = spouses or doctors).

Hacksaw
    Participant

Was telling my wife how my grandfathers had shot glasses at their respective houses for us grandkids so we could have a “schlook” of beer when we visited. This was in the wake of her seeing our 18 year old nephew having a beer at his house, she’s one of those types that thinks something magical happens when you turn 21 and you are suddenly able to consume alcohol.

At 21 the magic is two words…..Co-Cane!

Lebron
    Participant

Almost A GM Greg must be depressed that Weddle is signing with the Rams.

Amendola released.  Jags released $30 million in salary so they can go after Foles.  Malik Jackson is probably the biggest name.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

News organization or breathless PR dispenser?

The first trailer for Cambridge native Mindy Kaling’s new film, “Late Night,” hit the internet Thursday morning, and its breezy wit and easy laughs make it immediately apparent why the film was a hit at Sundance.”

Lebron
    Participant

“Smart, timely, and brought to life by a terrific cast, Late Night is a workplace comedy with a lot of heart — and just as many laughs

Sounds awful.  Unless they have a renegade cop on the edge and a hooker with a heart of gold.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Sounds like must miss comedy right there.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

What bothers me the most is the relentless cheerleading for All Things Kalin in what is supposed to be a news outlet. The thirst for “He/She is one of ours!” angles is shameful.

Participant

News organization or breathless PR dispenser?

The first trailer for Cambridge native Mindy Kaling’s new film, “Late Night,” hit the internet Thursday morning, and its breezy wit and easy laughs make it immediately apparent why the film was a hit at Sundance.”

What can’t she do?

Yahtzee
    Participant

What the hell?

Oh, Larry. I guess we need to tune in tomorrow at 9.

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 229 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar