Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/6/2018 Daily Thread — Celts win sans Kyrie

This topic contains 39 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

How will the B’s fare if McAvoy is out long-term?   :ohmy:

Lebron
    Participant

They recycle these stupid Someone Needs To Stand Up To Bill! columns annually.  Yeah, we need a point/counterpoint guy in the room to keep the 8 straight AFCCG/couple of Soupeys guy honest.

Kevin
    Participant

They recycle these stupid Someone Needs To Stand Up To Bill! columns annually. Yeah, we need a point/counterpoint guy in the room to keep the 8 straight AFCCG/couple of Soupeys guy honest.

Curran has really gone full Hot Takes Tonight.

Listen to Caserio speak for five minutes and then tell me he’s a pushover yes-man.

NASCL
    Participant

Britt McHank getting a tryout with K&C must be eating away at a local woman.

Lebron
    Participant

So 4 months ago it was Bill was forced to trade Jimmy per Bob and Tom, now it’s back to no one can control this megalomaniac.  Guess the former wasn’t getting the appropriate traction.

jforb
    Participant

Britt McHank getting a tryout with K&C must be eating away at a local woman.

Or crabs.

Hacksaw
    Participant

They recycle these stupid Someone Needs To Stand Up To Bill! columns annually. Yeah, we need a point/counterpoint guy in the room to keep the 8 straight AFCCG/couple of Soupeys guy honest.

Loved to see how that plays out…..

“Coach Belichick, my name is Sam Kennedy….this is a baseball town and I mean it!”

Lebron
    Participant

I do enjoy seeing media types “trying out” for shit 3rd wheel radio jobs.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

What’s Curran trying out for?

Participant

Could it be as simple as Tom trying to generate “buzz” because the heavy sweater lady left town and you have no conceivable reason at all to ever watch that station other than when the Celtics are on live?

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

And begging callers to tell them how much they would add to whatever show they’re auditioning for. I loved the guy yesterday who told Mut (?) “I like you in the afternoon, but not in the morning.” THERE’S an endorsement for you!

Participant

chicowalker
    Participant

With those tits Gronk could take the spot on Deathcat-TEC-Takes show

Is that cvnt McHenry just in there for the day or actually trying to get a job there>

NASCL
    Participant

Kind of looks like the FOX 25 Traffic Lady.  Overrated.  Bleh.

Same for McHenry.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

My theory is Larry forgot what Rob Gronkowski looks like, and as a result scribbled a face that looks like a Schilling/Sheppard hybrid.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Kevin
    Participant

Peter King says signing McCown would be good for a team looking to mentor a young QB. Some guy says that’s stupid. King brings up Steve DeBerg and Montana (timely reference) and then some other guy goes:

chicowalker
    Participant

Peter King says signing McCown would be good for a team looking to mentor a young QB. Some guy says that’s stupid. King brings up Steve DeBerg and Montana (timely reference) and then some other guy goes:

Love to see what pictures that guy didn’t choose as his avatar :blink:

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Bledsoe may have mentored Brady as far as ‘get a mountain retreat in Montana’, I guess.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

LJ at his most demented. Oversized pectoral muscles, Bill looking like Mr. Magoo sans glasses, Gronk’s face clearly traced (poorly) from a random photo found using a google search of “Rob Gronkowski + wrestling” (It’s image #3)

NASCL
    Participant

50/50 that the Shrewsbury guy featured on TurtleBoy today is a board member.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Wait, what?

Hacksaw
    Participant

So he traced Arnold Skaaland’s body and put BB’s head on it.

Kevin
    Participant

Do I have to go to that abomination of a website to find out?

Suzy
    Participant

Curran has really gone full Hot Takes Tonight. Listen to Caserio speak for five minutes and then tell me he’s a pushover yes-man.

TC’s crossed over to the dark, moronic side. I suppose it was gonna happen sooner or later.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

So one Hochuli goes out, one comes in. And the worst referee in the league by a mile is finally retiring. The new guy *has* to be better.

Humphrey
    Participant

Someone on the board called the Triplette crew “Jeff Triplette and His Merry Band of Incompetents”.   An accurate description.

We need to cull the herd.

jforb
    Participant

In what world would you think that putting 98.5 caller in your bio is worthwhile? :wall:

Participant

So is Bill the Coach now killing Bill the GM?

Or is egomaniac i’m not listening to anyone but Bill killing every Bill?

Lefty

What I find interesting about TEC’s new hottake is that it has always been my belief that most of his Patriots inside info comes from Brady’s father.   I tend to read what TEC writes through the lens of what Brady’s assessment might be or at least what his father’s conclusion of Brady’s assessment might be.

I liked TEC’s column. Think it suggests some plausible context to the Jones, Collins and Butler decisions.

The difference between TEC and the others is TEC is musing, thoughtfully, “Is this why this is?” while the others are declaring, “This MUST BE why this is!” The problem is he’s feeding the trolls. “See? Even TEC says this is why this is!”

I got into this same argument with Bedard when he first started. He was saying there was no longer a counterweight to Belichick. I asked him where Pioli was during some questionable personnel decisions.

“Maybe Belichick overruled him!” Bedard responded.

“Then he must not have been much of a counterweight then, huh?” I replied.

Belichick is and has always been the final word. I highly doubt say McDaniels or Caserio are cowed when talking to him. But they know he’ll take their advice then do what he thinks best.

I could see the possibility that as he’s gotten older and seen the patterns of team building, he may put more weight on coachability and be less prone to taking a chance on a less-coachable but more naturally gifted player.

I was struck by a comment he made sometime during the playoffs. He was talking about the safeties, going through each one, and said something like “Jordan Richards’ time will come.” Now all of us have frustrated by Richards, his lack of athleticism and instinct. But I remember being the same way about Harmon. I think Richards was drafted because he’s the type of player Belichick wants to coach, and I wouldn’t be surprised if we feel as comfortable about him later as we do about Harmon now.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

McAvoy has a sprained knee; hopefully he’ll be back before the playoffs.

Meanwhile, it was good to see Toronto lay an egg against the Sabres last night.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Steelers once again daintily place the franchise tag on Lev Bell.

Suzy
    Participant

I liked TEC’s column. Think it suggests some plausible context to the Jones, Collins and Butler decisions. The difference between TEC and the others is TEC is musing, thoughtfully, “Is this why this is?” while the others are declaring, “This MUST BE why this is!” The problem is he’s feeding the trolls. “See? Even TEC says this is why this is!” I got into this same argument with Bedard when he first started. He was saying there was no longer a counterweight to Belichick. I asked him where Pioli was during some questionable personnel decisions. “Maybe Belichick overruled him!” Bedard responded. “Then he must not have been much of a counterweight then, huh?” I replied. Belichick is and has always been the final word. I highly doubt say McDaniels or Caserio are cowed when talking to him. But they know he’ll take their advice then do what he thinks best. I could see the possibility that as he’s gotten older and seen the patterns of team building, he may put more weight on coachability and be less prone to taking a chance on a less-coachable but more naturally gifted player. I was struck by a comment he made sometime during the playoffs. He was talking about the safeties, going through each one, and said something like “Jordan Richards’ time will come.” Now all of us have frustrated by Richards, his lack of athleticism and instinct. But I remember being the same way about Harmon. I think Richards was drafted because he’s the type of player Belichick wants to coach, and I wouldn’t be surprised if we feel as comfortable about him later as we do about Harmon now.

Nice points, BBTL. I went back and really read it & it’s not as “bad” as I originally thought. Never post in haste.  :pk:

Lebron
    Participant

I don’t think Bill has gravitated toward coachability as he’s gotten older, I think he’s squarely been there in his head coaching going back to Cleveland.  I didn’t read the column because it sounds like what’s been written for a decade plus.  Not worth the click

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I liked TEC’s column. Think it suggests some plausible context to the Jones, Collins and Butler decisions. The difference between TEC and the others is TEC is musing, thoughtfully, “Is this why this is?” while the others are declaring, “This MUST BE why this is!” The problem is he’s feeding the trolls. “See? Even TEC says this is why this is!” I got into this same argument with Bedard when he first started. He was saying there was no longer a counterweight to Belichick. I asked him where Pioli was during some questionable personnel decisions. “Maybe Belichick overruled him!” Bedard responded. “Then he must not have been much of a counterweight then, huh?” I replied. Belichick is and has always been the final word. I highly doubt say McDaniels or Caserio are cowed when talking to him. But they know he’ll take their advice then do what he thinks best. I could see the possibility that as he’s gotten older and seen the patterns of team building, he may put more weight on coachability and be less prone to taking a chance on a less-coachable but more naturally gifted player. I was struck by a comment he made sometime during the playoffs. He was talking about the safeties, going through each one, and said something like “Jordan Richards’ time will come.” Now all of us have frustrated by Richards, his lack of athleticism and instinct. But I remember being the same way about Harmon. I think Richards was drafted because he’s the type of player Belichick wants to coach, and I wouldn’t be surprised if we feel as comfortable about him later as we do about Harmon now.

Nice points, BBTL. I went back and really read it & it’s not as “bad” as I originally thought. Never post in haste. :pk:

But we heated up the tar and brought a bag of feathers!  :ozzy:

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Brian Flores reportedly will call the defensive signals in 2018, but will not (yet) be designated DC.   Similar path that Coach Matt was offered in 2010-11.

Suzy
    Participant

Nice points, BBTL. I went back and really read it & it’s not as “bad” as I originally thought. Never post in haste. :pk:

But we heated up the tar and brought a bag of feathers! :ozzy:

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

We need to cull the herd.

This guy really calls himself “HotTaykz” ?!?

:puke:

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Reading Nickles’ patented  Stage Two* column — where he generously praises the wisdom and baseball acumen of some executive or Front Office that did what he has been pleading shamelessly to occur for months — my  mind wandered to asking if Nick gets a woodrow every time he sees the phrase “power bat”? And, if so, when he himself write it is that a form of “self-love”?

* Stage Three is where the path he insisted on turns out to be a failure and he fights a rear-guard action akin to WWII survivors found on remote islands. see Valentine, Robert Helium.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar