Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/7/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 38 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Miserable Fellow 9 months ago.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Yahtzee
    Participant

Should we talk about March Madness?

Tough night for Northeastern.

Coma
    Participant

Maybe if Bruce had someone to challenge him and wasn’t surrounded by Yes Men, we could get threads started before 10 AM.

I’m still amused by PK relaying the basis of the revised catch rule. It was:

1. Control of the football

2. 2 steps

3. Doing something with the football that needs to be defined further

4. Profit!

If that’s the real approach the league is taking, the new rule is guaranteed to be an even bigger mess than the old rule. But, hey, the existing rule benefited the Patriots, people got upset, so they have to change it.

Participant

Who sits/clicks on any of this crap voluntarily?

Mike Giardi and Lou Merloni debate how important it is for the Patriots to re-sign their left tackle Nate Solder, and how much money he may command
    The Patriots could be looking at moving on without both Dion Lewis and Rex Burkhead. What then?
    With key Bruins players out injured, it is high time that the rest of Boston’s greater offensive lights are ready to step up and fill the void.
    Gary Tanguay, Mike Giardi, and Lou Merloni debate if they would rather have the Patriots acquire Richard Sherman or Aqib Talib.
    Phil Perry talks with some Colts fans at the Workingman’s Friend Restaurant about what they think about almost Colts head coach Josh McDaniels.
    Mike Giardi is fed up with Rob Gronkowski not making any decisions on his future, and thinks the Patriots should be shopping him to other teams before he becomes a detriment to the Patriots
    Mark Daniels of the Providence Journal discusses how last season felt different in the locker room, and talks about whether Bill Belichick has “lost the room”
    Gary Tanguay, Mike Giardi, and Phil Perry discuss if Malcolm Butler would want to sign with the Jets to get back at Bill Belichick for benching him in the Super Bowl.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Who sits/clicks on any of this crap voluntarily?

Mike Giardi and Lou Merloni debate how important it is for the Patriots to re-sign their left tackle Nate Solder, and how much money he may command
    The Patriots could be looking at moving on without both Dion Lewis and Rex Burkhead. What then?
    With key Bruins players out injured, it is high time that the rest of Boston’s greater offensive lights are ready to step up and fill the void.
    Gary Tanguay, Mike Giardi, and Lou Merloni debate if they would rather have the Patriots acquire Richard Sherman or Aqib Talib.
    Phil Perry talks with some Colts fans at the Workingman’s Friend Restaurant about what they think about almost Colts head coach Josh McDaniels.
    Mike Giardi is fed up with Rob Gronkowski not making any decisions on his future, and thinks the Patriots should be shopping him to other teams before he becomes a detriment to the Patriots
    Mark Daniels of the Providence Journal discusses how last season felt different in the locker room, and talks about whether Bill Belichick has “lost the room”
    Gary Tanguay, Mike Giardi, and Phil Perry discuss if Malcolm Butler would want to sign with the Jets to get back at Bill Belichick for benching him in the Super Bowl.

What a typhoon of shit.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

That’s some screed. Too bad those pea-brains have the same working memory as a goldfish otherwise they could have brought up how letting Logan Ryan walk cost the Pats the Superbowl.

Coma
    Participant

Regarding Lewis and Burkhead, weren’t there the same concernz when Faulk, Woodhead, and Vereen left? The front office has shown the ability to consistently identify this type of running back. If Lewis and Burkhead leave, anyone looking objectively at the situation has to think there is a good chance that the Patriots find a competent replacement. They may not be great in their first season, like Vereen or White, but they’ll develop. You can fill more airtime and write more articles acting like the sky is falling, though.

chicowalker
    Participant

I think there’s a small part of their small brains that think August is going to roll around and they are going to look out at the field and exclaim- “Shit! I knew we needed running backs and a left tackle! And we had the draft and free agency but just totally slept on both! Thank god we resigned Bolden”

Hacksaw
    Participant

Regarding Lewis and Burkhead, weren’t there the same concernz when Faulk, Woodhead, and Vereen left? The front office has shown the ability to consistently identify this type of running back. If Lewis and Burkhead leave, anyone looking objectively at the situation has to think there is a good chance that the Patriots find a competent replacement. They may not be great in their first season, like Vereen or White, but they’ll develop. You can fill more airtime and write more articles acting like the sky is falling, though.

These fans don’t want to get fooled again like when Nomar played only 21 games one season because of his injured wrist. Everyone knew these problems! The fans were left with Lansing/Grebeck/Merloni captaining the infield…they want quality depth!

Kevin
    Participant

I was surprised to learn that Burkhead only signed a one year deal. That seems out of character for them to sign a guy without at least an option for a second year.

BrianInLA
    Participant

How many of these guys leave and are great elsewhere? Most have been average at best. I know everyone wants to get paid but I wonder if the players ever look at historically how guys do once they leave the Pats.

Hacksaw
    Participant

I was surprised to learn that Burkhead only signed a one year deal. That seems out of character for them to sign a guy without at least an option for a second year.

One year deal=white

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Don’t they owe Gillislee another 3 million for 2018? After last year I can’t see the Pats handing the #1 RB job to him.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

After hearing him this morning and seeing his name on the list of NBC Sports Boston ‘highlights’ I am again wondering who the fuck Gary Tanguay is? Like where did he come from and what has he ever done that anybody would want to hear him talk?

I tried to find a bio and noticed that he no longer writes for the CSN website. The aspiring film writer isn’t even good enough to get his ramblings on some crappy website.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Don’t they owe Gillislee another 3 million for 2018? After last year I can’t see the Pats handing the #1 RB job to him.

He should be well rested. :dry:   I really did think they were going to bring him out for the playoffs as it was the plan all along for him to be the least banged up running back on the team and to run roughshod over the Eagles. Alas, I was wrong.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

The replies are great.

My agenda is truth.

a.paul
    Participant

After hearing him this morning and seeing his name on the list of NBC Sports Boston ‘highlights’ I am again wondering who the fuck Gary Tanguay is? Like where did he come from and what has he ever done that anybody would want to hear him talk? I tried to find a bio and noticed that he no longer writes for the CSN website. The aspiring film writer isn’t even good enough to get his ramblings on some crappy website.

Good question. Didn’t he used to be good before he got fired from a Patriots job or didn’t get a Patriots job and that sort of caused some sort of brain hemorrhage and then he decided to become Felger but he’s nowhere near smart enough to pull off the Felger thing so it just got him hated…then came the part where he was exposed as just play acting when Minihane detailed the phone calls while people were all worked up over one of the big fights they had in the morning, it was even played on a late night show or something and it came out to be totally staged and for some reason Minihane didn’t go down over it but Tanger did?

Feejis
    Participant

They’ll never replace Faulk.

Who the fuck is this Woodhead guy?

They’ll never replace Woodhead.

Who the fuck is this Vereen guy?

They’ll never replace Vereen?

Who the fuck is this White guy?

Who the fuck is this Lewis guy?

They’ll never replace Blount.

Who the fuck is this Burkhead guy?

They’ll never replace Lewis and Burkhead.

Who the fuck is _______________?

Suzy
    Participant

Didn’t he used to be good

No.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

This guy hits the nail on the head

Feejis
    Participant

Didn’t he used to be good

No.

Can confirm.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Whenever I see his Volin’s name, I remember TEC at the end of the podcast interview with Kirk basically saying Volin is too dumb to be a troll and believes what he spouts off. Of course a former basementonian had it first with the “mittens pinned to his coat” post.

My agenda is truth.

InThisTown
    Participant

Bruce really scraping the bottom of the barrel for the reboot.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Wayne’s 18th birthday is Friday. Already, he’s smarter than Augie, Dottie and Cousin Nathan put together.  WAYNE!!!!!

Lefty

David Backes is having a hearing about possible fine/suspension for his hit on a Detroit player last night?  Really?

Kevin
    Participant

I’m all in on Dick Sherman.

Get him in a room!

Lebron
    Participant

Peyton sells his creepy Papa John’s franchises 2 days before the NFL contract goes up in flames but hey nothing to see here.  Just a coincidence is all. Like Axe shorting Ice Juice

Participant

Schefter has the Seattle Bennett off to Philly for a 5th rounder and WR Marcus Johnson.

Lebron
    Participant

You mean Marques Johnson.  God I loved ‘80s NBA!/Regular Brian

Kevin
    Participant

Peyton sells his creepy Papa John’s franchises 2 days before the NFL contract goes up in flames but hey nothing to see here. Just a coincidence is all. Like Axe shorting Ice Juice

When you can no longer kiss Papa John at the annual meeting, what’s the point, really?

NASCL
    Participant

You mean Marques Johnson. God I loved ‘80s NBA!/Regular Brian

He’s got an Ehlo poster, for sure.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

The replies are great.

Out of the 175 people talking about this, 143 are Giardi. Ten are Breer. The rest are day-drinking.

Participant

A name, Larry recognized.

Participant

Tape? Disc?  You know what I mean Cwaig…..

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Backes gets three-game suspension for his hit in last night’s game.    :ozzy:

Lefty

Backes gets three-game suspension for his hit in last night’s game. :ozzy:

I usually understand better after I see the league discipline video, but this one just makes the case that it was a hit after the puck was released and was interference.   It even acknowledges Backes tried to shift his body to not cream the other guy.   I get that there was head contact, but it was incidental.   I am surprised it was anything worthy of supplemental discipline.  I get that they are really protecting against head hits.  But three games for that?

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Backes suspension is bullshit. Was the department of player safety watching something else these nights?

Lebron
    Participant

Goodell has a Littlefinger thing going with that right index finger.  No wonder he never saw the video, the disc has fingerprints all over it and the player couldn’t read it!  I always figured Roger as a big laser disc guy

Yahtzee
    Participant

I’ll start winding down the thread the way I started it.

I turned away – how did Notre Dame win that game?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I’ll start winding down the thread the way I started it. I turned away – how did Notre Dame win that game?

They won it for the Gipper.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar