Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/9/2020-3/15/2020 Weekly Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    Miserable Fellow
    Participant

My kid has the flu. How are you all doing?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Miz, somehow “Thanks” doesn’t seem like an appropriate response to your kid’s flu.  Take cay-ah, as they say.

If someone cares to give Waxpack and Linda Pizzutti a click, there’s an interesting retrospective on 1510 The Zone up on the Globe website this morning. I admit I listened to the Bill Parcells Show and Sean’s afternoon drive show–when I could get the signal, of course. And it was on the air during that amazing time when Brady took over for Bledsoe and the Super Bowl run began.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    jforb
    Participant

So if an NFL official had said “yeah, we screwed up the clock but people were leaving the field so whatever”, would a couple articles noting the incident and that he was “reassigned” be the extent of the reaction?

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Cue the ‘stunned Wall Street traders’ pic.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Yahtzee
    Participant

Speaking of stunned . . . I’m still floored by the end of that Celtics game last night.

Lebron
    Participant

Between the Nets game and last night the Celtics are closing out games like my kids soccer teams wait weren’t they winning like 30 seconds ago, now they’re losing?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Annie the Bank Teller in line for a humble civil service job!

A few possibilities being considered for a potential Joe Biden Treasury secretary:
    • Elizabeth Warren to help unite the party • CEO of JPMorgan Chase Jamie Dimon • Anne Finucane, vice chairman of Bank of America

Yahtzee
    Participant

Craig

Troubling news.

chicowalker
    Participant

That show is still on? We get mark and Kitchen(?) in providence

now would be  aperfect time for WEEI to just play old M&J shows and see if anyone notices.  “Does Kevin brown still pitch for the Yankees?”

Lebron
    Participant

Parcells and Keyshawn Johnson had a good radio show on ESPN Friday afternoon/evening around ’07.

I found it interesting that they talked a bit about the hosts paying to be on air.  How terrible does your life have to be to pay someone to host a sports talk show?  I always laugh when people talk about a particular ‘show’ being some unique ‘it’s unlike anything you’ve ever heard’ broadcast.  It’s people talking about sports.  There’s nothing unique about it.  That’s been going on for a long long time.  I hate to say that Simmons was ahead of the curve on sports talk podcasts, but he probably was.  Certainly Spotify thinks so. :weei:

chicowalker
    Participant

3 users thanked author for this post.
    chicowalker
    Participant

I’d like to think his hair was neatly combed at 8:59 :lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

Sean McAdam shocked- SHOCKED-to find out there’s cheating going on in this lyric little bandbox

Humphrey
    Participant

Was Wrong Borges on a show with McDonough? I don’t remember it, but one of my friends keeps saying there was such a show. Would have been while still in the employ of the Globe.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Big if true.

Participant

Fvck the Flyers.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Ivy League cancels tournament.  I’m pretty much expecting the NCAA tournament to be played in empty arenas.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Fvck the Flyers.

No Krug or Carlo tonight. :ozzy:

Lebron
    Participant

Predictably the media is rolling out the ‘if it’s not safe for us to be in the locker rooms, why is it safe for fans to be at the games?’ columns.  Hey dummies the fans generate the revenue.  Although I could see the NBA taking the step of moving some of those seats next to the players to being cordoned off.  The point of the media out of the locker room is the proximity to the players.  I always found the locker room stuff weird and creepy anyhow.  No one is cancelling the post game pressers I don’t think, what can’t you get there that you can only get when guys are just done with a game and just want to get cleaned up?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Athletes don’t want to come down with Shaughnessy Cooties.  It’s just that simple. :smile:

Lefty

Predictably the media is rolling out the ‘if it’s not safe for us to be in the locker rooms, why is it safe for fans to be at the games?’ columns. Hey dummies the fans generate the revenue. Although I could see the NBA taking the step of moving some of those seats next to the players to being cordoned off. The point of the media out of the locker room is the proximity to the players. I always found the locker room stuff weird and creepy anyhow. No one is cancelling the post game pressers I don’t think, what can’t you get there that you can only get when guys are just done with a game and just want to get cleaned up?

I have no doubt 99.9% of the paying fans understand more about basic hygiene than ANY of the assorted media.   That alone should get the media banned.

Imagine being in the locker room when the Petri dish that is John Tomase starts flagellating toward you?

Participant

I’m told that the limited access is a DANGEROUS PRECEDENT !!!!.

Yes, I won’t know what to do if I don’t find out if Xander wasn’tor was  sitting on a changeup in the 4th inning of a Sox-Twins split squad game.

Lefty

I actually could see teams/leagues eventually using this event to move to keeping everyone out of the locker room with all media contact in a designated area.    Why wouldn’t they take back that space if they can?   F the pecker peakers in the media who would be put out.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Humphrey
    Participant

Wegman’s in Natick was completely out of toilet paper, save for some single rolls.

At some point, they also hung up a sign “one package per customer”….wonder how long it took them to figure out there was a run on the stuff?

Lebron
    Participant

On the flip side I ran in to a Lowes yesterday for some paint supplies and they had toilet paper as far as the eye could see.  Had no clue they carried it.

I really don’t see why they have to be in the locker room right on top of a half naked guy immediately after a game.  Hell if I’m understanding correctly it’s the sainted media that asks for what players to be made available for post game pressers.  So if you already have that, what more exactly do you need?  There isn’t some ‘rush to print’ or deadline anymore.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 144 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar