Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/9/2020-3/15/2020 Weekly Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    Lebron
    Participant

Suspension it is.  Fully expecting NHL to follow suit and NCAA tournament to be cancelled

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Chang was talking about regional food asked Simmons about New England and Simmons said lobster roll.  Chang said what it’s got to be clam chowder.  I’m not a huge lobster guy anyhow but mixed with mayo on a hot dog bun?  You’ve got to be shitting me.

For LA Bill said fast food burgers Chang said you lunatic it’s tacos.  Bill kind of came around to that but the guy clearly still eats like he’s in college

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

If they cancel the NHL season does that mean the Bruins win the Cup?

4 users thanked author for this post.
    BrianInLA
    Participant

The taco thing is definitely it here. Before moving to the west coast my taco experience was usually Taco Bell. I’ve learned so much about the different regions and flavors of different areas and how the taco’s of those establishments reflect that and its been both eye opening and quite satisfying as far as food goes. Especially in the valley. You can eat taco’s every day of the week and never have the same type/taste twice. Simmons is a dope.

There is a really popular food truck out here that sells the Boston lobster roll. Folks at work love it. $22 for a hot dog bun, mayo and some chunks of what may or may not be real Maine lobster (I’ve read its real but who knows).

The burgers here suck. In-N-Out is the most overrated thing on the planet.

jforb
    Participant

Are the fans with NCAA tickets actually staying home or are they all going to go to the cities and hit the bars? And same with spring training?

Lebron
    Participant

I’ll never understand the love of In-N-Out.  I think it’s garbage.  Opening in Colorado soon, everyone is dying for it.  Hard pass.  Problem with fast casual burger joints especially chains is they either overcook or oversalt.  Smashburger jesus I half expect to be surrounded by deer or rabbits as I feel like a human salt lick.  The boutique or local burger places tend to be better.  There’s one here called Lark Burger that’s pretty damn good and a handful of locations.

We have some place called the Maine Shack, started by guys from there.  They have multiple lobster rolls including the type with no mayo so its just lobster and drawn butter.  4 oz lobster roll is 24 bucks.  A clam roll is friggin’ 18 bucks.  Pass.

The chicken parm thing killed me.  Reminds me of Michael Kay who according to stories is like the worlds worst food person.  One of the main items in his diet is chicken parm.  Was on his honeymoon in Italy and was pissed that chicken parm wasn’t readily available.  Steak and chicken parm is all he eats.  I’m guessing Simmons diet isn’t that bad but it’s probably close.

Lebron
    Participant

Are the fans with NCAA tickets actually staying home or are they all going to go to the cities and hit the bars? And same with spring training?

Guessing they just stay home.  Like anything else the second a player or ref or coach or staff member comes down with it they’re bagging the whole thing.  Why bother going?  Only people who will keep doing what they’re doing are the degenerates heading to Vegas.

jforb
    Participant

Think I ate at Larkburger 3 times in the week I was in Fort Collins a few years ago, would love one out here.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

I like In-N-Out, fries are great, put at the top of my list in the fast burger category.

Lebron
    Participant

Unfortunately LarkBurger is on its last legs.  I think there’s only 2 locations anymore.

Everyone cancelling tournaments.  Except for the Big East.  Hey guys, it’s not 1985 anymore, nobody cares.

Lebron
    Participant

While these are strange times, I have to admit the run on toilet paper is the weirdest fucking thing ever.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Coma
    Participant

While these are strange times, I have to admit the run on toilet paper is the weirdest fucking thing ever.

You would have expected a corresponding run on food.

BrianInLA
    Participant

In-N-Out does pay their employees a ridiculous salary so that’s good for them on that.

One of our older IT guys is self quarantining as his nurse wife may been been exposed. If he has it we all have it. We already have 2 IT folks home with sore throats. They’re sending home anyone over 55. Its just a matter of hours before everything is shut down here. They banned groups over 250 I think statewide until April 1.

Tower Penthouse Suites at the Aria (normally $3000) going for $450 a night this weekend for the daring. Granted there will be no sports to bet on nor food to eat.

Lebron
    Participant

Right?  Foodstuffs are all fine, but everyone is worried they’ll be left with bare hands when they take a shit?  As usual I blame the wives.

Participant

This thing might finally kill Easter

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Coma
    Participant

This thing might finally kill Easter

Yeah, but it would just come back in three days.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Re. Coma’s post immediately above, which WordPress won’t let me quote: :lol:

And I admit that I did play “Always Look on the Bright Side of Life” from The Life of Brian this morning.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

All Major League Baseball operations suspended immediately. All players being sent home, no word on if or when regular season will start.

NHL says it will “pause” its season beginning with tonight’s games due to coronavirus.

Lebron
    Participant

Yet youth sports leagues march on.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

The Hockey Guy reporting that the NHL asked its clubs to check out building availability to the end of July. Imagine the Garden ice in mid-July! :lol:

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Yet youth sports leagues march on.

This will be a real test for the zealots and true-believers that run things like that. I know my kid is still scheduled to take place in a Figure Skating Competition this weekend. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Lebron
    Participant

Oh yeah, my kids are still on for soccer this weekend.  Nothing like kids touching and breathing on each other.

Lebron
    Participant

Duke suspending all athletics, including if there is an NCAA tournament.  They’ll have that thing shut down within the hour.

Participant

According to the Globe, it’s business as usual on Hanover Street.

Not every restaurant featuring communal dining feels the need to make major adjustments. Table by Jen Royle, a pint-sized Italian restaurant in the North End, hosts family-style dinners every Wednesday through Sunday, with the idea that strangers will become friends by the end of the evening. Two large communal tables — one seating 18, another seating 14 — are the only tables in the compact restaurant, but owner Jen Royle isn’t concerned about COVID-19 affecting business.

“We actually haven’t had any issues, believe it or not,” Royle told Boston.com in an e-mail, adding that weekdays have been a little slow, but that is usual for March. “No increase in cancelations, no voicemails, or emails stating concerns. Nothing.”

The only change: Starting Thursday, the Table staff will hand out sanitized towels to guests once they enter the restaurant. 

chicowalker
    Participant

I decided maybe three/four weeks ago to skip big east this year because my son isn’t sleeping right and it would be too much for my wife.  My buddy was still going.  Despite them announcing last night no more crowds, he was in the car at 6am, hoping another friend w/some contacts w/the conference that he might be able to get one of the rare passes to be in the building.  He was on the road back to dartmouth by 1pm :ohmy: :lol:

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 144 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar