Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/9/2020-3/15/2020 Weekly Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    Humphrey
    Participant

With all these games getting cancelled, expect to hear even more about the Brady situation.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

She’s so full of shit.  Anyone claiming ‘business as usual’ is a liar.  And the towel bit does nothing.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Could there be a worse gimmick than shared tables during a pandemic?

jforb
    Participant

She’s so full of shit. Anyone claiming ‘business as usual’ is a liar. And the towel bit does nothing.

No business may be business as usual

Coma
    Participant

If eSports don’t grab a bigger audience now, they never will.

Humphrey
    Participant

I don’t want to stand in a line with a bunch of strangers to get tested (I’m fine, just sayin’), never mind eat at a table with a bunch of them.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Good thing Powder is saving all that money on the luxury tax. He’ll be needing it once 1/2 the season goes in the shitter.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

No Bruins. No Red Sox. No college hoops. No programming for NESN for weeks, maybe months.

This is the opening that Charlie Moore has been waiting for!

Lebron
    Participant

I might learn to play my kids Xbox.  Never watched the Larry Sanders show so maybe I’ll watch that.  Probably haven’t seen all of Curb either.

Lebron
    Participant

Kids soccer suspended until March 23.  But you can still go to the Post Malone show tonight at the Pepsi Center!

Yahtzee
    Participant

No Bruins. No Red Sox. No college hoops. No programming for NESN for weeks, maybe months.

I’m in the now working from home camp.  Decided to flip on EEI and 98.5 for the first time in years.  Holy cow – dueling train wrecks that are exactly as bad as described here and elsewhere.  And Howie Carr has lost his mind too.

Coma
    Participant

Yet youth sports leagues march on.

Little League assessments were scheduled for this Saturday, but were postponed to a later date. Hockey tryouts, though, are going on as scheduled. Tonight’s the last night of those, fortunately.

Coma
    Participant

Could there be a worse gimmick than shared tables during a pandemic?

Shared Viking (no utensils) meals?

I said this about Joe Gill and it applies to her as well: If you made up a fictional character that acted like them, people would say it was too unrealistic. Honestly, would anyone in her situation respond to friendly tweet from a doctor, saying “If you want to talk about anything, send me a DM” with “I don’t have anything to talk about”? I hope the doctor ignores her when she actually reaches out.

She says she hasn’t received any emails stating concerns. Maybe people aren’t emailing her because they don’t want to be attacked and doxxed.

Participant

This Bledsoe E60 is spectacular – a revisionist masterpiece

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I would love to be in the room where NFL suits try in vain to preserve the pageantry of the NFL draft in the face of the virus.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Coma
    Participant

I would love to be in the room where NFL suits try in vain to preserve the pageantry of the NFL draft in the face of the virus.

I am 100% in favor of any strategy that results in Roger Goodell shaking hands with as many people as possible.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

NFL fucked over fans at the Dallas SB they won’t have any issues cancelling the draft as a ticketed event and keeping all the money.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I was thinking the same thing. I imagine we will see a lot of Bruins ‘greatest hits’ and a ton of replays from years the Sox won the World Series.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    GusChiggins
    Participant

I might learn to play my kids Xbox. Never watched the Larry Sanders show so maybe I’ll watch that. Probably haven’t seen all of Curb either.

Where can you watch the Larry Sanders show?

its definitely worth it.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I might learn to play my kids Xbox. Never watched the Larry Sanders show so maybe I’ll watch that. Probably haven’t seen all of Curb either.

We were talking yesterday about how the writers strike years back changed the landscape of everything. Reality tv came to the forefront and society basically changed forever going forward and hollywood changed with how they created shows and expanded content. With no sports, not even golf, for 30-60 days things like sports podcasts, fantasy sports, gambling, ESPN, etc will have to find other ways/things to entertain otherwise they’ll cease to exist. I’d hate to be a data analyst at Draftkings right about now. Perhaps they dive into Esports and get a nation hooked. Perhaps after 2 months people decide not to return to sports and instead take up gardening. Maybe we see a virtual sports league played by real (at first) athletes using VR headsets and playing as a team. I just dont see how its “business as usual” several months down the road.

BrianInLA
    Participant

The NFL was initially pitching this years Vegas draft as rivaling New Years Eve in Times Square. Yesterday they were talking about doing the entire draft via phone like the old days. Pats67 would be proud!

jforb
    Participant

Wordpress! prevents me from quoting, but how often is the mother’s day miracle still shown?

Wonder if there will be a quick push for games in empty arenas. Players don’t seem to be at high risk, so it might be good to get some distractions going. Afternoon games with geographic rivals and they can fly in and out on charters that day and not need hotels.

chicowalker
    Participant

It would be a shame of debate-format hottakers started getting laid off due to lack of content.

Did the Gills already do their disney trip or was it upcoming? :lol:

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

$50 says Joe is still planning on going to Disney and the wife will need to clunk him over the head with a rolling pin on the way out the door to the airport to stop him.

Nick B
    Participant

Can’t reply. Freaking wordpress :wag:

Gills had already gone to Disney

He had goofy shirts made up too

he had a water pipe burst while he was away.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Nick B.
Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 144 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar