Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/9/2020-3/15/2020 Weekly Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    Miserable Fellow
    Participant

It would be a shame of debate-format hottakers started getting laid off due to lack of content.

After the break: Max Kellerman says Ho Seang Lee is just a system Overwatch player and is about to fall off a cliff!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Miserable Fellow
    Participant

The wife is on a plane to the Bay Area to get an apartment for our upcoming move. A full scale action movie Apocalypse separating us across the continent is not altogether impossible.

chicowalker
    Participant

coronavirus related break on the rent?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

coronavirus related break on the rent?

I dunno. This was just the window we had to lock in a place to start to get my daughter enrolled in the school system. Now it looks like if we don’t get a place now we’ll be at the mercy of events beyond our control and may have to rent a place sight unseen.

We’re anticipating she may be asked to self-quarantine or live apart from us upon her return for some time. Got a unused apartment from a friend of my mother’s ready if that happens.

Isn’t this fun?

jforb
    Participant

Little over the top?

Organizers of the Boston Marathon, the planet’s most celebrated footrace, are postponing the event until Sept. 14 because of concerns over the coronavirus pandemic, Boston Mayor Marty Walsh announced Friday.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

On playing games in empty arenas, you don’t think the players are at high risk?  Seems like they would be, basketball those guys are touching each other all the time.  Hockey maybe with gloves but I think still it’s guys breathing all over each other.  But you also have referees to consider, touching and breathing.

The other thing is how many players are positive right now.  It could be a lot we just don’t know it yet.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Nick B
    Participant

Little over the top?

Organizers of the Boston Marathon, the planet’s most celebrated footrace, are postponing the event until Sept. 14 because of concerns over the coronavirus pandemic, Boston Mayor Marty Walsh announced Friday.

Reads like something Peter King would write

Lebron
    Participant

FS1 shut down all of their shows.  Funny seeing Nick Wright for example on twitter saying now is not the time for pandering clickbait regarding coronavirus.  From a guy who makes a living on pandering clickbait.

jforb
    Participant

Not high risk in terms of serious complications.

Lebron
    Participant

I also wonder if this will push a lot of folks to cut the cord once and for all.  Most if not all people who still subscribe claim that ‘live sports’ is the only reason they keep it.  I was set to cut it myself like 6 months ago but my wife insisted to keep it for sports, oddly I was the one that didn’t give a shit.

I downloaded 3 books yesterday, would imagine Amazon is raking it in on that.

Lebron
    Participant

Can we simply say that?  Plenty of young/healthy people globally ended up in hospital beds on oxygen.  I thought we were past ‘eh this is just the flu’?  Even if you go with that type of generality the NBA has plenty of old goat refs that would drop dead if they get it.

Participant

after Brady makes up his mind, the hottakerz will have nothing g to talk about….

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I haven’t listened to WEEI in over 15 years but I imagine they really have to be scraping the bottom of the barrel for their talking points. Imagine trying to be out selling ads for them right about now. :lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

Dr. merloni wouldn’t be as cavalier if his wife was still lapdancing fishermen on the cape

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Yahtzee
    Participant

Little over the top?

Someone on WBZ called it the world’s most beloved marathon.

Coma
    Participant

after Brady makes up his mind, the hottakerz will have nothing g to talk about….

Unless Brady leaves, then they can bury the Patriots for letting him go, mock whoever his replacement will be and speculate on the great success his new team will enjoy.

I saw a couple headlines about the Buccaneers planning to make a serious play for Brady. I could see Tom potentially being interested in playing in Florida and all the weaponz they have on offense, but meeting Arians would kill any positives they have. There’s no way Brady talks to that clown and thinks “Yeah, I can play for that guy. The last few years of my career will be in good hands.” 

Lebron
    Participant

If Brady leaves he’s going to have to be in a situation where he has a lot more input or control, so in an odd way situations like Tampa might be the ones that offer him that.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Ted Cox won’t be down to go five-for-five in his first game and then get traded for Eck.

Lefty

Ted Cox won’t be down to go five-for-five in his first game and then get traded for Eck.

I thought I read somewhere that he became some legendary softball player, if there is such a thing.

NASCL
    Participant

Lyrical little 26.2 miles of asphalt.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Humphrey
    Participant

He was a big time slow pitch slugger. Funny because in baseball he was a banjo hitter.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Settle down, folks. Mark James, armed with footage from Nobel laureate Dr. Drew, says this is all over blown. Fake News.

Where are Craig and Larry when I need them?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Everything is surreal right now of course. But having WWE matches in an empty arena takes the cake.

Babyfaces trying to get the nonexistent crowd clapping.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Vegas reporting only 4% of rooms booked for the next few weeks.  That’s going to hurt seeing as this is one of the most profitable periods of the year normally.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Vegas reporting only 4% of rooms booked for the next few weeks. That’s going to hurt seeing as this is one of the most profitable periods of the year normally.

Seems crazy to go there until we know more.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 144 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar