Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/9/2020-3/15/2020 Weekly Thread

Viewing 19 posts - 126 through 144 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    Lefty

Vegas reporting only 4% of rooms booked for the next few weeks. That’s going to hurt seeing as this is one of the most profitable periods of the year normally.

Seems crazy to go there until we know more.

I made reservations a year ago to be there for the first round of the NCAAs with visions of drinking my ass off in a sports book people watching.  Always wanted to do that.

Rather than cancel, I rolled my reservation forward to a random weekend in October.  Staying at Mandalay and the new Raiders stadium is right near there.   Figure if I hit it right, I’ll go out there and see a game.  If not, I’ll move the reservation again.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Yahtzee
    Participant

That’s a disappointment.

October is my favorite time to go.   Assuming we’re not in end times, baseball, football and possible pool weather.

Humphrey
    Participant

The Mother of All Friday Night News Dumps!

Rick Pitino hired to coach basketball in the middle of the Coronavirus pandemic- at Iona College, which is located in New Rochelle, one of the fucking epicenters of the virus.

Lebron
    Participant

End of times here, the ski resorts closed.

AirBnB gave us a full refund on our rental in Barbados.  Buddy of mine is getting screwed on VRBO, they have left it up to owners.  His daughter has a horse show in Phoenix, show got cancelled but the VRBO owner is telling him tough shit.

NASCL
    Participant

The Mother of All Friday Night News Dumps!

Rick Pitino hired to coach basketball in the middle of the Coronavirus pandemic- at Iona College, which is located in New Rochelle, one of the fucking epicenters of the virus.

I respect the hell out of that dump.

Humphrey
    Participant

One thing about VBRO/HomeAway, etc.

When is it too soon to start asking questions about cancellations, refunds, etc.?

I’m asking this from the other side…we have a vacation rental on Cape Cod….first renter comes in 7/4.

My guess is that we aren’t going to have to field questions for several weeks and hopefully the crisis will have passed by then.

Gotta think if things are in general good that people would gravitate towards private homes vis-a-vis hotels.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

NFL CBA passes.

Humphrey
    Participant

Does this mean when the 17 game schedule goes in we’re out to the day before Presidents’ Day for the Soupey?

Anything to distract from the Beanpot and Truck Day is a good thing.

BrianInLA
    Participant

It passed by 60 votes and over 500 guys didn’t vote because of the virus distraction.  I’m sure that won’t be a problem down the road.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Yahtzee
    Participant

It passed by 60 votes and over 500 guys didn’t vote because of the virus distraction. I’m sure that won’t be a problem down the road.

Roger didn’t offer to extend the deadline due to the crisis?  Shocking.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I know it’s for the best but I’d never thought I’d see a time where every bar and winery was closed statewide. A lot of drinking goes on in this state. Weed sales have reportedly gone through the roof at dispensaries.

Humphrey
    Participant

I know it’s for the best but I’d never thought I’d see a time where every bar and winery was closed statewide. A lot of drinking goes on in this state. Weed sales have reportedly gone through the roof at dispensaries.

Photos of people (mostly young) lined up outside crowded Southie bars last night certainly don’t make the case for keeping them open!

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I hope Wayne got to get out of the house for his birthday weekend. :-(

From the week of March 9-15, (Monday through Weekend thread.)

‘callahardfoul’, on 13 Mar 2009 – 1:20 PM, said: WHAT IS BILL DOIN?!!!!!!!! THE PATS ARE LIKE CIRCUIT CITY OVA THEYA. YOU GO IN TO BUY A REMOTE CONTROL FOR YA KIDS BIRTHDAY AND THEN YOUR BITSH WIFE CALLS YOU ON THE PHONE SIX TIMES LIKE WHERE ARE YOU WAYNE IS ACTING UP AND HE WANTS HIS FATHA AND I CAN’T CONTROL HIM AND THEN YOU LET IZZO GO JEZUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

‘Marty Nopointe’, on 13 Mar 2009 – 1:30 PM, said: 😆 perfect

‘Scott@PD’, on 13 Mar 2009 – 1:32 PM, said: I admit it – I’ll use “Wayne is acting up and he wants his fatha” often.

‘Ed Hillel’, on 13 Mar 2009 – 2:16 PM, said: a remote for ya kids birthday 😆

‘Marty Nopointe’, on 13 Mar 2009 – 2:25 PM, said: I am still laughing about that

‘Ozzy’, on 13 Mar 2009 – 2:28 PM, said: 😆 😆 😆

‘Ed Hillel’, on 13 Mar 2009 – 2:42 PM, said: I love how he says that it’s like Circuit City, but never really explains why. 😆

‘Ozzy’, on 13 Mar 2009 – 2:44 PM, said: The kid’s name being “Wayne” just fractured me for some reason. 😆

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Miserable Fellow
    Participant

It’s a societal Darwin Awards. And we’re winning!

Lebron
    Participant

Weed dispensaries only allow 10 people at a time inside so probably the best scenario spread wise

Coma
    Participant

It passed by 60 votes and over 500 guys didn’t vote because of the virus distraction. I’m sure that won’t be a problem down the road.

Voting began on Thursday, 3/5 with the end of the day on the 12th being the deadline. On Monday, the deadline was moved to the end of the day on Saturday the 14th. I have no idea what the voting process entailed, but I imagine it could be done online. I am a terrific procrastinator, but 9 days seems like a reasonable amount of time. I don’t know what the typical response rate is for the players, so maybe 20% not participating is normal.

Lebron
    Participant

MGM and Wynn shutting down their properties

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Bloodthirsty Shut-In Wayne’s gonna need that remote. :blink:

Humphrey
    Participant

MGM and Wynn shutting down their properties

Good places to set up emergency medical facilities, if needed. Seriously. Hope they are not.

Viewing 19 posts - 126 through 144 (of 144 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar