Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/10/2017 Daily Thread

This topic contains 189 replies, has 42 voices, and was last updated by  Tom Pepper 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 190 total)
  • Author

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

So Jimmy G’s Instagram gets hacked at 3 in the AM and all the mediots are scurrying around like rats.

:lol: :lol:   :lol:

NASCL
    Participant

all the mediots are scurrying around like rats. 😆 😆 😆

So how this is different than yesterday or tomorrow?

Gimp
    Participant

The Jimmy G thing this morning is hilarious.  Just a circle-jerk echo chamber of people writing and tweeting about an Instagram post.  Like 7th grade girls.

Short of Schefter, Rappaport and Curren, I’d be embarrassed to be part of the NFL Media world.

NASCL
    Participant

Hard to get into the NFL offseason stuff with the World Baseball Classic going on.

InThisTown
    Participant

Oh yeah, Rap – a true paragon of reporting.  :blink:

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I’m getting a little tired of everyone thinking Mike Lombardi knows exactly what’s going on in the front office.

Based on his experience he probably has better insight than the usual gang of idiots, but he’s also two seasons removed from working there, and not everything he says is some master plan from BB to try to make certain info public.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

So unfunny:

Lefty

So, I am confused, half the media is saying Logan Ryan signing elsewhere was inevitable because the Pats signed Gilmore to replace him.   The other half is saying the Pats signed Gilmore to stick it to Butler and leave him no options, since Gilmore will replace him.

Is Gilmore going to play both sides of the field?   It’s almost as if these media experts have no idea what is going on.

Participant

Lefty

I’m confident that Peter King will get to the bottom of this – back me up here Suzy. https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/nfl-abuse-of-painkillers-and-other-drugs-described-in-court-filings/2017/03/09/be1a71d8-035a-11e7-ad5b-d22680e18d10_story.html?utm_term=.a2a72ec93ddb

“I know the medical staff for these NFL teams.   They are good men.   The end”  – Peter King, Cub Reporter

Kevin
    Participant

Lefty

http://twitter.com/WEEI/status/84019257655680614

Already pulled down, Kevin, what did it say?

Participant

It appears yesterday was prop up the RemDawg Day down at the Fort – a Tomase piece and a Borges piece today.

“Bruce Allen makes me cry”  :lol:

Why is the kid holding a banana?

Participant

“Bruce Allen makes me cry” 😆 Why is the kid holding a banana?

?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Blinded By The Lombardis wrote:Why is the kid holding a banana?

He’s hungry?

He’s hungry?

See, I wanted it to have some deeper meaning, like, “Don’t buy any green bananas, Bruce.”

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

News idiots were doing liveshots from Foxborough in the snow due to the Jimmy G hoax. Brilliant!

Claude45
    Participant

So unfunny:

That tweet is to funny as an LJ cartoon is to understandable.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

WR Justin Hunter and DL Lawrence Guy visiting Pats today.

Larry Guy, one of the great guys, Danny

Kingasaurus
    Participant

He’s hungry?

See, I wanted it to have some deeper meaning, like, “Don’t buy any green bananas, Bruce.”

So nothing to do with Alvin Garrett?

Claude45
    Participant

So now the Titans have 2 Rutgers grads as their starting CBs. Both on pretty big money deals. I’ve been searching for all the jokes and snide comments from the media but I must be missing them.

I’m enjoying all the “good for him, he deserves it” attaboys from the media to Logan Ryan after years of telling me I’m an idiot fanboy if I think Ryan is even a servicable corner. Obviously, the Titans must have missed the game film with “receivers running wide open all over the field” or they are just counting on playing terrible QBs every week.

Claude45
    Participant

You have to keep hydrated, that’s a lot of tears. He’ll need that potassium.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

WR Justin Hunter…visiting Pats today.

We’ll immediately need to spin this into either: The Cooks deal is dead. or they don’t want Amendola back.

Lefty

Pats looking at another Buffalo player?   I do love the idea that BB will bring in guys that Rex had and get more out of them (Hogan).   There’s just some passive brilliance in that.

NASCL
    Participant

Would hate to lose Amendola as he’s nails and clutch.

chicowalker
    Participant

Would hate to lose Amendola as he’s nails and clutch.

Providence needs the star power of him and Olivia, what with Buddy rolling a 7 and all

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

You have to keep hydrated, that’s a lot of tears. He’ll need that potassium.

:lol:

The banana signifies the “low-hanging fruit” of making some sort of lame Tall Man reference, such as why are Farinella’s “friends” or “family” so upset with BSMW this time, or why can’t George Cain speak for himself?  

Participant

Why would he knowingly let himself get screwed?

GusChiggins
    Participant

Chico, tomorrow I’m going to Richmond to watch my buddy’s brother’s team in the VA state championship game. Providence recruit Dajour Dickens is on the team.

We’ve talked about him before as my buddy thinks Dajour is soft. I’ll let you know if the Friars are getting a potential unicorn.

My buddy’s brother I mentioned before ended up signing with Notre Dame. The Wake Forest DC moved to ND so the Irish started recruiting him late.

InThisTown
    Participant

I hope he loses a fucking foot soon.

InThisTown
    Participant

Chico, as we know, is well versed in Dickens.

BSF34
    Participant

WR Justin Hunter and DL Lawrence Guy visiting Pats today. Larry Guy, one of the great guys, Danny

Is his middle name “the cable”? BWAHAHAHA

But seriously Craig, Belichick needs to sign Butler long term. ‘Git er done’, Bill. BWAHAHAHA

Wait, what?

Kevin
    Participant

Patriots too cheap to afford Phillips head screws?

jforb
    Participant

That’s some weird catching technique for something coming in at that angle.

Kevin
    Participant

Branch really does look like Uncle Phil. :lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

Dajour Dickens

Excellent.  Last night’s loss was brutal.  12/24 from the line, 21 turnovers and they were in the game until about 3 minutes left because Creighton played like shit too.  I think they were in before last night but one more win vs a quality opponent would have clinched it.  Looking forward to sweating out sunday :ozzy:

Claude45
    Participant

For the record, if Butler is getting “screwed” by anybody it’s the NFLPA and his union brothers. They can’t hold together and fold on some level every negotiation. Too many members that are too shortsighted with a small window to earn is my guess but the owners seemingly always end up ahead.

It sucks that as a UDFA he’s out performed every expectation but that’s the deal. I do personally feel that the Pats should probably do something in the $9-10 million range for a few years and then see where they are but the Pats are not screwing him. Just like Hightower is not screwing the Pats by shopping around. It’s the system.

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

There is not a single team in the NFL that would have treated Butler better.  It’s not a sure thing any other team would have even kept him over players with better college pedigree in 2014.  Then they coached him up to the point he’s a Pro-bowl level performer.  I don’t understand how anyone’s perception could be that they screwed him in any way.  I love the guy, ultra-competitive and mentally tough and I hope he sticks around because the dbs could be special next year with him a part of it.  Spare me the BS about screw jobs though.

chicowalker
    Participant

Chico, as we know, is well versed in Dickens.

my most triumphant moment on the stage :lol:

NASCL
    Participant

My favorite ex-Patriot is now Ted Washington because he allegedly screwed LJ in some t-shirt deal.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

It sucks that as a UDFA he’s out performed every expectation but that’s the deal.

On the flipside: When a guy gets a big signing bonus and then he sucks (or he’s injured all the time), is Larry clamoring for him to give some of it back? No, that’s just the system and the risk you take.

Teams gamble money on players and sometimes lose. Are we supposed to think less of the Patriots or be angry with them because they end up the loser less often than every other team?

InThisTown
    Participant

My favorite ex-Patriot is now Ted Washington because he allegedly screwed LJ in some t-shirt deal.

Like a straight up swap I’m assuming?

See, because…

Lebron
    Participant

The Jimmy G thing this morning is hilarious. Just a circle-jerk echo chamber of people writing and tweeting about an Instagram post. Like 7th grade girls. Short of Schefter, Rappaport and Curren, I’d be embarrassed to be part of the NFL Media world.

“Shefty” as he’s affectionately called, had a ‘cam’ on him all day yesterday.  All that was missing was Caliendo doing a Cosell impersonation look at that little monkey go!

Kevin
    Participant

Think Hightower happens today?

chicowalker
    Participant

was it that he was going to give LJ one of his t-shirts but it turned out it was way too small?

chicowalker
    Participant

was it that he was going to give LJ one of his t-shirts but it turned out it was way too small?

Cock!

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

Lombardi says the Cooks decision happens today and that its Pats, Titans maybe others in the hunt.

Lebron
    Participant

He’s hungry?

Anyone under 12 who leaves the house for more than 15 minutes must be provided with no less than 3 snack options and have access to no less than 20 fluid ounces of water in addition to no less than 2 other flavored beverage options of no less than 12 fluid ounces each.  I believe that’s in the Pussification of America charter.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

The idea that the Pats have screwed Butler is insane. If he’d ended up on Jacksonville or Cleveland to start his career he’d likely be driving a truck these days. A 4 million tender offer is all part of the game, plus it’s a nice raise of the 600K he got last year.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 190 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar