Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/3/2017 Daily Thread

This topic contains 162 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Patrick Pass 2 years ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 163 total)
  • Author

Brian
    Participant

I’m guessing without looking is Kayce is of the anchor bunny persuasion

You’d be right.

WHOA Baby!!!!!!

Aren’t you all glad she’s not wearing boots?? LOL

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Your mind is a strange place, sir.

Lebron
    Participant

Mary Kay Cabot sounds like the name of a wealthy widow who owns a majority share in the Nashville Predators or something

Was married to L.C. ‘Bud’ Cabot, made his fortune sailing napkins and placemats to interstate truck stops.

And who owned those truck stops?  Jimmy Haslam.  And now you know the rest of the story.

InThisTown
    Participant

Classic uniform switcharoo!

On this one here, that’s just a good job by Schick. LJ has a little bit of disguise going, flips the cap forward – so you can get caught up in that, but Chuck keeps his eyes on the GIS, scrolls down a bit, doesn’t assume it was in a Red Sox uniform. Really a good job of identifying the situation and not letting your eyes fool you, and doing it instinctually, that’s why he’s been a really good poster for us for a long time.  

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Regular Brian may be right: it could be difficult to pair boots with something puffy sleeved and empire waisted. Back me up, Suzy.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Lebron
    Participant

Eisen has some interesting guests and seems to shun the hot take.

Because it’s more like an actual talk show format, which can lend itself to less clown-show, two-guys-yelling stuff. Also, Eisen’s a Michigan guy (I think) so he usually looks sideways at anyone who wants to shit-talk Brady.

He was a big Falconz have too many weaponz guy and if the game is going to be a blowout it will be Atlanta doing the blowing out.  Too bad he didn’t join Artie on the field.  Also he’s got Costas level smarm at the ready.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Good lord. Larry even traced the seams on the baseball Price is flipping into the air.   :ohmy:   :lol:

andrew
    Participant

Look at his fingers. Did he recycle an old scribble of Price, and literally paste the sling arm on?

Honey!! Have you seen my ‘zacto knife?? I got a great ideer I needa work on!

I wanted an update on David Price and one Boston.com article in particular looked like the kind of trollbait that Eric Wilbur cooks up every week. I clicked on it because I was curious as to whether Wilbur was still writing for Boston.com. Sadly, he is still there.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Eisen has some interesting guests and seems to shun the hot take.

Because it’s more like an actual talk show format, which can lend itself to less clown-show, two-guys-yelling stuff. Also, Eisen’s a Michigan guy (I think) so he usually looks sideways at anyone who wants to shit-talk Brady.

He was a big Falconz have too many weaponz guy and if the game is going to be a blowout it will be Atlanta doing the blowing out. Too bad he didn’t join Artie on the field. Also he’s got Costas level smarm at the ready.

The smarm is definitely there, though he was right about the game for 42 minutes.  :lol:

He just tends to look like Socrates next to “Mooch” and Mental Patient Marshall.

Participant

Classic uniform switcharoo!

On this one here, that’s just a good job by Schick. LJ has a little bit of disguise going, flips the cap forward – so you can get caught up in that, but Chuck keeps his eyes on the GIS, scrolls down a bit, doesn’t assume it was in a Red Sox uniform. Really a good job of identifying the situation and not letting your eyes fool you, and doing it instinctually, that’s why he’s been a really good poster for us for a long time.

:lol: :lol: Is it still the Bellestrator or is it the LJastrator in this case? :lol:   :lol:

Kingasaurus
    Participant

What’s unappreciated here is that Zolak’s chameleon-like independently functioning eyeballs can look at both BB and the screen at the same time.

Div
    Participant

Any post that uses Donnie Moore as a verb is an automatic +1.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I was looking at the baseball, wondering why there was a ‘pause’ symbol before realizing it’s where the prongs on the plug fit.

It still makes no sense. Bravo!

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Coma
    Participant

Look at his fingers. Did he recycle an old scribble of Price, and literally paste the sling arm on? Honey!! Have you seen my ‘zacto knife?? I got a great ideer I needa work on!

In this case, “Honey” refers to a jar of honey that Larry keeps in his studio for snacking.

Mark
    Participant

I’m guessing without looking is Kayce is of the anchor bunny persuasion

You’d be right.

WHOA Baby!!!!!!

If she had boots on there’s no way I’d know that she had polio as a child.

LJSandwich
    Participant

http://www.bostonherald.com/herald_radio/anything_goes/2017/03/fridays_anything_goes

EGA is live…at least as I type this…he sounds like he might actually die on air today.

Participant

http://www.bostonherald.com/herald_radio/anything_goes/2017/03/fridays_anything_goes EGA is live…at least as I type this…he sounds like he might actually die on air today.

Go to the Eddie Cam –  :blink:   :blink:   :blink:

chicowalker
    Participant

Look at his fingers. Did he recycle an old scribble of Price, and literally paste the sling arm on? Honey!! Have you seen my ‘zacto knife?? I got a great ideer I needa work on!

In this case, “Honey” refers to a jar of honey that Larry keeps in his studio for snacking.

A forlorn Craig Mustard attempts to extricate his radio partner Larry “LJ’ Johnson in order to hear Larry from Newburyport declare that you never know what’s going to happen in baseball for the 178th saturday in a row

Lebron
    Participant

Rams going with the ’60s retro blue helmet/white horn with a white face mask, but they have to keep the blue/gold uniform?

Per NFL rules, though, the jersey must remain the same, and continue to have hints of gold along the shoulders, until the Rams do a complete rebranding of their uniforms. The team is planning that for the 2019 season, its first in the new stadium, and has already begun talks with Nike and the NFL on what that will look like.

Of course there’s some cockamamie rule for that.  Also involved in the uniform 2 years down the road.  That’s the NFL I know and love!

InThisTown
    Participant

Holy shit Eddie  :ohmy:   :ohmy:

Participant

“I always Ummmm tell UMmmmmm my sons, that if you took the um popularity of ummm Tom Brady and combined it with Bobby Orr and umm multiplied it by 10 – they wouldn’t approach the popularity of Ted ummmm Williams.”

LJSandwich
    Participant

The two boobs in the studio with Eddie are almost as fascinating as the old shit….they are looking at him with a combination of sadness and pity….all the while nodding like they agree with the rambling old fool.

InThisTown
    Participant

His cohosts are treating him like he has dementia.

Dad – didn’t you always say that Willie Mays was the best baseball player ever? You didn’t oh ok ok no, I know I know you never said that.

<silence>

Tell us about that time you and mom went to the Holy Land!

Participant

The two boobs in the studio with Eddie are almost as fascinating as the old shit….they are looking at him with a combination of sadness and pity….all the while nodding like they agree with the rambling old fool.

They must be thinking, “This guy was the lead dog in this town for 20 plus years and he’s reduced to this?  What’s gonna happen to me?”

InThisTown
    Participant

This is bananas  :lol:  “I always said they should call cotton candy ‘Diabetes Sticks.’  There’s a finite number of peanuts, you know.”

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar