Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/3/2017 Daily Thread

This topic contains 162 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Patrick Pass 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 163 total)
  • Author

InThisTown
    Participant

chicowalker
    Participant

Perfect segue into

not as poetic as a springsteen soliloquy, but then again Rod doesn’t have 4 hours to fill /TCF

chicowalker
    Participant

the incessant use of “y’all” is giving me mini-strokes…like when an online writer introduces a paragraph with You guys, … :ozzy:  

InThisTown
    Participant

Landslide is one of his ten favorite songs ever? It’s literally the worst Fleetwood Mac song. Then he tweets all the lyrics to You Never Even Call Me By My Name.  Enjoy your country music training wheels, creep.

andrew
    Participant

It was all the re-tweets that did me in. His reincarnation as a good-ole boy is also annoying. Isn’t he from Connecticut?

chicowalker
    Participant

the crowdsourcing what to do with his wife’s inheritance was a class move

in the parlance he would understand- he’s so thirsty *skin crawls*

Lebron
    Participant

Chico beat me to the First Cut is the Deepest, got keep the show fresh for those crazy millenials!

InThisTown
    Participant

the crowdsourcing what to do with his wife’s inheritance was a class move in the parlance he would understand- he’s so thirsty *skin crawls*

Uncle Leonard  :lol:  Sorry your croaked, but that’s some righteous bucks. 

Ironhead
    Participant

the crowdsourcing what to do with his wife’s inheritance was a class move in the parlance he would understand- he’s so thirsty *skin crawls*

Open up a sandwich shop in Hawaii?

Kevin
    Participant

Landslide is one of his ten favorite songs ever? It’s literally the worst Fleetwood Mac song. Then he tweets all the lyrics to You Never Even Call Me By My Name. Enjoy your country music training wheels, creep.

Assuming you saw the one where he says Rumours is better than Pet Sounds?

Lebron
    Participant

It was all the re-tweets that did me in. His reincarnation as a good-ole boy is also annoying. Isn’t he from Connecticut?

Daddy worked the nutmeg mines.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Refollowed old friend Howzie on Twitter yesterday. Oof. That’s some Bledsoe-esque decision making by me.

I unmuted him for a night a few days ago (I posted a tweet here that he stroked out in the middle of) and man, that’s a dark place. And what the fuck does his handle mean? It’s annoying.

I googled and got this?

InThisTown
    Participant

Kevin
    Participant

Peter Gammons is still as annoying as you remember.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

I don’t understand how Howzie’s life ended on every front in 1977 when the internet wasn’t widely available for a decade or more later.

that 1978-1990 or so period is a great mystery.

Lebron
    Participant

Wasn’t it 8675309

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Landslide is one of his ten favorite songs ever? It’s literally the worst Fleetwood Mac song. Then he tweets all the lyrics to You Never Even Call Me By My Name. Enjoy your country music training wheels, creep.

Assuming you saw the one where he says Rumours is better than Pet Sounds?

Umm I’d agree with him on that. There are like maybe 3 good Beach Boy songs. And one of them, Sail On Sailor, sounds nothing like them.

Dan
    Participant

Open up a sandwich shop in Hawaii?

:lol: Never change, IH.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  Dan.

InThisTown
    Participant

Whoa whoa whoa. Rumors is a fine album. But over Pet Sounds?

Kevin
    Participant

Didn’t want to ding you Pass. Felt I owed it to you.

Though I do love Sail On, Sailor.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Whoa whoa whoa. Rumors is a fine album. But over Pet Sounds?

Pet Sounds is clearly their best, but just never really liked them. There are a couple excellent songs on that album though.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

I’ve always put Rumous in the discussion as greatest rock album of all time (:::looks around nervously:::)

Kevin
    Participant

Wasn’t it 8675309

Participant

Felt like Jerry a moment ago when Kramer was looking for the Kaiser rolls.

“Where do we keep our nails?”

“Out back at my work bench – look next to the ban saw.”

BSF34
    Participant

I’ve always put Rumous in the discussion as greatest rock album of all time (:::looks around nervously:::)

Greatest? It’s up there but I wouldn’t go that far, Tony PP.

Wait, what?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Too bad this wasn’t the 80’s. Rod could say he was making a video and then blame any ISIS role playing on the director.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Greatest? It’s up there but I wouldn’t go that far, Tony PP.

I said in the discussion. Say a round of 64 tournament. Pet Sounds wouldn’t be on my list, though I realize it would easily be on most lists.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Wasn’t it 8675309

Tom Tutone, Double T one of the greats Danny

Kevin
    Participant

The nutmeg mines is killing me. :lol:

Howzie the Connecticut Cowboy feels like good territory we’ve only barely scratched the surface of.

We don’t smoke marijuana in Danbury…

Hacksaw
    Participant

Yikes. If this was me, I’d rather the stomach pumping thing be true. 😆

Rod Stewart is in hot water after his wife Penny Lancaster posted a video that seemingly showed the musician carrying out a mock-ISIS-style “execution” in the Abu Dhabi desert before a show in the Arab Emirates.

In the now-deleted Instagram clip — which has been preserved online — Stewart, 72, and a passel of friends trek across the desert before the singer makes a cutting motion across the throat of a man kneeling in front of him. Fans and non-fans alike were put off by the video, which was more than a little reminiscent of ISIS’s desert-shot beheading videos.

Figures,he probably played Sun City too.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Brian didn’t know The Beach Boys had any songs before Kokomo

InThisTown
    Participant

I will say maybe there is stuff as good as the last minute of Go Your Own Way but I’m not sure there’s anything better.

Ironhead
    Participant

For me, it doesn’t get better than Walking on a Thin Line off of Sports from Huey Lewis and the News   Back me up here, Legend.

Hugh Cregg, #OOTG, Danny.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

“That’s Why God made The Radio” deserves more Kokomo-esk hate.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Hacksaw
    Participant

I liked Fleetwood Mac’s Walking on Sunshine.

Participant

Never Learn Not to Love” is a song recorded by the American rock band the Beach Boys, credited to Dennis Wilson, and released as the B-side to the group’s “Bluebirds over the Mountainsingle on December 2, 1968. In 1969, “Never Learn Not to Love” was included on the Beach Boys’ 15th studio album 20/20. The song was actually an altered version of “Cease to Exist”, composed by aspiring folk singer-songwriter and later convicted murder-conspirator Charles Manson. Musically, Wilson deviated from Manson’s blues influence, reworking it to fit the band’s pop-oriented approach.

:blink:

Lebron
    Participant

Pet Sounds album cover sucks Mike!  Feeding goats? More like feeding the geese amirite?  

And Mick Fleetwood looks like a girl on Rumours Mike, worse than Murray trying to kick a field goal!

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Chico’d

chicowalker
    Participant

I will say maybe there is stuff as good as the last minute of Go Your Own Way but I’m not sure there’s anything better.

end of The Chain?  I think the way the Americans used The Chain is one of the best music/scene pairings ever, up there w/Layla in Goodfellas

InThisTown
    Participant

Ok, Pass has a stronger argument than I woulda guessed – and I love the album. The first five songs are pretty sick

Second Hand News
    Dreams
    Never Going Back Again (Strong candidate for romcom trailer positioning after Solsbury Hill and Let My Love Open the Door)
    Don’t Stop
    Go Your Own Way

And then Songbird blechs it all up

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Ok, Pass has a stronger argument than I woulda guessed – and I love the album. The first five songs are pretty sick Second Hand News Dreams Never Going Back Again (Strong candidate for romcom trailer positioning after Solsbury Hill and Let My Love Open the Door) Don’t Stop Go Your Own Way And then Songbird blechs it all up

Gold Dust Woman and The Chain are pretty great too. I think every song on it is good to great. Songbird might be the worst (though I don’t love Don’t Stop either), but if that’s the worst song you know its a good album.

Lebron
    Participant

The nutmeg mines is killing me. 😆 Howzie the Connecticut Cowboy feels like good territory we’ve only barely scratched the surface of. We don’t smoke marijuana in Danbury…

I never picked apples
    But my mother did
    And my brother did
    And my sister did
    And my daddy died young
    Workin’ a nutmeg mine

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

What I liked most about Fleetwood Mac was that time when one of them had sex with that other one, and the other other one didn’t like it.

GusChiggins
    Participant

Dreams. Great tune.

Chuck Schick
    Participant

Except for the cocaine/Breer pics. I laugh every time.

Whoa, whoa! What’s this all about???

Kevin
    Participant

Wasn’t it Tusk that they used in The Americans? Or did they use The Chain too?

Here’s where I link to Lindsay Buckingham’s awesome isolated vocal in Go Your Own way.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

No surgery for Price. Out 7-10 days.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Hacksaw
    Participant

No surgery for Price. Out 7-10 days.

Thats the new “late to spring training” thing.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

The Tainted Love scene is my favorite Americans scene:

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar