Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/3/2017 Daily Thread

This topic contains 162 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Patrick Pass 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 151 through 163 (of 163 total)
  • Author

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Le’Veon Bell thinks he’s worth +20 points:

“I think we beat them,” Bell said when asked how the game would have transpired had he been at full strength. “I think the first time we played them in the beginning of the year, we kind of gave that game away. We were playing with our backup quarterback. We didn’t even have Ben (Roethlisberger). I think when we were playing them in the AFC Championship Game, when I was out there, I wasn’t feeling well at all. “But the fact that I was out there, (the Patriots’) game plan was so different just because I was out there. I think if I go out there healthy and we go out there and do what we normally do, the way that we’d been doing it the whole season, especially in the playoffs, like running the ball, opening play-action, leaving (Antonio Brown) 1-on-1, leaving Sammie (Coates) 1-on-1, Jesse James — all the receivers — our O-line blocking the way they do, I think the outcome is really different. “We’ll get back to that next year, but I think we win that game.”

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Typical Steeler.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I hope NE is allowed to counter a full-strength Lev Bell with a full-strength Rob Gronkowski.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Lebron
    Participant

And Breer supposedly spoke with Dimitroff who said it’s not like we’re worried about getting another chance at winning the Soupey.  Seeing as his QB appears to be a Marino clone I suppose that’s fitting.  Eh, we’ll be back.

Coma
    Participant

According to the Steelers, I thought Bell wasn’t hurt. Also, in Bell’s imagination, is he also be covering Chris Hogan in addition to running for 200 yards? Or would the Steelers still leave Hogan uncovered for most of the game?

If Pittsburgh had a Felger and Mazz, Bell would be one of their favorite targets. He’s played in 16 games once in his 4 year career, but was hurt in the final game that season and missed their playoff game. This year was the first time he appeared in the playoffs in 3 opportunities, but he went out injured early in the AFCCG.

The hottakers and shoepee-ers around here think Gronk should retire or the team should move on from him due to his injuries. Bell is looking for a long term deal and is claiming his team would have gone to the SB if he was healthy. Imagine how Gronkowski would be skewered if said something like that while looking for a big contract. The Steelers, of course, will probably give it to him.

Ironhead
    Participant

Except for the cocaine/Breer pics. I laugh every time.

Whoa, whoa! What’s this all about???

I respond to his inane tweets with variations of these pics:

Yes, I’m fucked in the head.

Ironhead
    Participant

All that’s missing from this Lakers/Buss feud is Buddy LeRoux, Jean Yawkey and Kurt Rambis subbing for a stroked out Tony C.
    See, it all comes back to baseball, Danny.

Lebron
    Participant

What a couple of dopes

Dr. Jerry Buss’ six children co-own 66 percent of the Lakers in trust. The three trustees are Jeanie, Johnny and Jim Buss, meaning the two brothers thought they had the votes to control the trust’s actions.

Terms of the trust hold that the controlling owner must also be a director of the team. Both Johnny and Jim Buss previously voted to approve Jeanie Buss as the team’s controlling owner.

Good job good effort.

Chief
    Participant

Yes.  I just upvoted every pro-Fleetwood Mac post.  Buckingham’s vocal in the first 2 mins was just sick.  Thanks Kevin.

Kevin
    Participant

Huh.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

I’ve always put Rumous in the discussion as greatest rock album of all time (:::looks around nervously:::)

And therein lies the problem that bedevils the R&R HoF: what is rock? On a single LP, “Lovely Rita” is – aside from Lennon’s eerie harmonies – not rock as it’s usually defined, while the chaotic “A Day in the Life” IS even though it shatters the “it’s got a backbeat … if you wanna dance with me” requirement.  “Rumours” is pretty stunning in how high it rates on the songs, vocals, arrangements, playing, and ability to live far past its moment on the charts. Is it a “rock” record or a “folk” one? You kind of have to decide which silo to put your favorites in or you’ll find yourself debating the relative greatness of, say, “Let It Bleed” vs. “Lovesexy.” No one comes back the same after one of those nights.

Participant

Huh.

Like Nixon leaving for San Clemente Danny.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Big Hitler released

Viewing 13 posts - 151 through 163 (of 163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar