Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/6/2017 Daily Thread

This topic contains 105 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  InThisTown 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 106 total)
  • Author

Participant

When I get in the car on the weekend and it’s on 98.5 and there’s dead air that can only mean Mike Flynn is rearranging the tau proteins in preparation of a thought.

He’s dumber than DeOssie.

chicowalker
    Participant

When I get in the car on the weekend and it’s on 98.5 and there’s dead air that can only mean Mike Flynn is rearranging the tau proteins in preparation of a thought.

:lol:

His cohost here looks like he’s bracing himself for whatever sub-English grunts are about to escape Flynn’s maw.  I don’t hate him, but he does seem to have a little Piltdown Man in him

InThisTown
    Participant

I believe the “and 1” refers to the poor spot on 2nd down to Welker where he was driving upfield and the official spotted it where he landed when he was tossed backwards. It was terrible and happened that whole game.

8 different Patriots caught balls that game. If you can name 7 you’ll have my undying respect.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Scott Green was the referee? Clearly a Witsec pseudonym.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Basketball parent knows I’m a Pats fan, says with Peterson released, probably Pats pick him up and get career year out of him. I  tell him while you never say never, I highly doubted it, what with Peterson’s salary demands, snap demands, and that he comes off the field in any and-long situations. Sure enough, the guy cites Moss. I said “Moss wanted to win.”

The guy was probably trying to be complimentary,  saying the Pats always make chicken salad out of chicken shit, but I have no patience for poorly thought-out hot takes. Peterson’s not Belichick material. Now watch them pick up Peterson.  :lol:

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

Are Pete’s editors on vacation too? There are at least 3 blatant typos in pissboy’s homage to his latte-bloated overlord.

that’s entered an offseason quote like this

with most of them in a meting room.

the future of the team’s current brass rides of it.

andrew
    Participant

Fuck you Porzingus.

“I really think in New York, we would be 10 times bigger just because of how much basketball means to this city, how hungry for success the city is,” he said. “That’s the goal, for us to be a championship contender.”

No team’s fan base is more delusional about their team’s place in history than the Knicks’ fan base. Nice to know that the team’s players share their delusion.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

I’d love to get the board’s vote on when Brady will play (or, I guess, has played) his last year with the Pats. Let’s call this upcoming season the 2017 season.

I bet he plays through the 2018 season and either retires or is released. So 2 more.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I believe the “and 1” refers to the poor spot on 2nd down to Welker where he was driving upfield and the official spotted it where he landed when he was tossed backwards. It was terrible and happened that whole game. 8 different Patriots caught balls that game. If you can name 7 you’ll have my undying respect.

Welker

Moss

Tate

Faulk

Law Firm

Ben Watson

Kyle Brady

Chad Jackson

(no idea if correct)

Lebron
    Participant

After further review, Oh Daddy eclipses Songbird as worst track on Rumours.

Lebron
    Participant

Don’t think Kyle Brady or Chad Jackson were on the team in ’09?  Thought Brady for sure was just ’07

Feejis
    Participant

I’d love to get the board’s vote on when Brady will play (or, I guess, has played) his last year with the Pats. Let’s call this upcoming season the 2017 season. I bet he plays through the 2018 season and either retires or is released. So 2 more.

This was my theory as to why they may not trade Jimmy. They only carry them both for big $ for just one year in 2018 if they have to franchise him.

And if they can sign Brady to a dummy extension to lower his cap # for that year knowing he’ll retire anyhow that’d  be the way to go. Consumer fraud be dammed.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  Feejis.

InThisTown
    Participant

I believe the “and 1” refers to the poor spot on 2nd down to Welker where he was driving upfield and the official spotted it where he landed when he was tossed backwards. It was terrible and happened that whole game. 8 different Patriots caught balls that game. If you can name 7 you’ll have my undying respect.

Welker

Moss

Tate

Faulk

Law Firm

Ben Watson

Kyle Brady

Chad Jackson

(no idea if correct)

Welker, Moss, Faulk, Clank are correct.

Kyle Brady’d last game here was Black Sunday. Chad Jackson was cut prior to 08.

CornerBlitz
    Participant

Fauria is so fucking stupid that a piping hot shit makes a more cogent argument. I don’t think it’s CTE, I really believe his Mom drank heavily throughout gestation plus home schooling.
    Lou believes he’s an intellectual because of Fauria’s utter stupidity.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

Welker Moss Tate Faulk Law Firm Ben Watson Kyle Brady Chad Jackson (no idea if correct)

Welker, Moss, Faulk, Clank are correct. Kyle Brady’d last game here was Black Sunday. Chad Jackson was cut prior to 08.

Maroney and Edelman are 2 more

InThisTown
    Participant

I honestly have no idea how long Brady will play. As of today, gun to my head? I think he wants to play at least three more.

InThisTown
    Participant

Welker Moss Tate Faulk Law Firm Ben Watson Kyle Brady Chad Jackson (no idea if correct)

Welker, Moss, Faulk, Clank are correct. Kyle Brady’d last game here was Black Sunday. Chad Jackson was cut prior to 08.

That’s six.

Kevin
    Participant

Welker

Moss

Tate

Faulk

Law Firm

Ben Watson

Kyle Brady

Chad Jackson

(no idea if correct)

David Thomas?

Ironhead
    Participant

Maroney, Lloyd, Baker.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  Ironhead.

InThisTown
    Participant

Welker

Moss

Tate

Faulk

Law Firm

Ben Watson

Kyle Brady

Chad Jackson

(no idea if correct)

David Thomas?

Traded to NO by that point.

BSF34
    Participant

That’s six.

I’m guessing Woodhead or maybe Chris Baker? (not sure if either were on that team or the next season’s team).

Wait, what?

jforb
    Participant

Just looked it up and have next to zero memory of the last 2.

InThisTown
    Participant

Baker is seven. Lloyd’s season of falling to the ground 11 yards downfield was 2012.

Ironhead
    Participant

Ryan Hannable is incredibly bad at his job.   The worst kind of obvious, conventional wisdom crafted with all the color and bravado of spring water.

Participant
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar