Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/7/2017 Daily Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 71 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 72 total)
  • Author

BSF34
    Participant

:dry:

Wait, what?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

BSF’s cryptic post has fans buzzing

Participant

LJ’s up early.

It’s a wonder Ortiz could hold a bat with those damaged fingers on his right hand.

Oh my God! They’re keeping Jimmy!

chicowalker
    Participant

When I’m hesitant about something I usually throw my hands up exultantly and then do the thing I was hesitant about :blink:

Major Intangibles
    Participant

David (or whoever that is) doesn’t have his name embroidered on his collar.  :-(

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

That doesn’t bear even a remote resemblance to Ortiz.   :blink:   :ohmy:

Kevin
    Participant

That doesn’t bear even a remote resemblance to Ortiz. :blink: :ohmy:

Seriously. It’s closer to Sandoval.

chicowalker
    Participant

LJ does refer to him as “Big pappy” so maybe he thinks they’re the same guy?

edit- huh? dumb

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  chicowalker.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I was going to say something like, “Is poster BSF34 making a secret demand to be traded to a less-somnolent* message board?”

*”APPROVE!”   

jforb
    Participant

Why would Ortiz do radio as opposed to TV or is that just LJ tonguebathing WEEI?

Kevin
    Participant

This dummy doesn’t quit.

Lebron
    Participant

Ortiz setting a fashion trend with that piercing at the upper/lower jawbone hinge.

Participant

I was going to say something like, “Is poster BSF34 making a secret demand to be traded to a less-somnolent* message board?” *”APPROVE!”

Chrissy was great on Saturday with the illustrated man, “Just because the Patriots pay people less and win doesn’t make it right.”

BSF34
    Participant

:lol:

Just my feeling on having to start another daily thread. ;-)

Wait, what?

chicowalker
    Participant

43k worth of twitter hottakes and he isn’t even on the air? Just getting his reps in case he gets his Rudy moment on a saturday 3-5?

Reiss references the 2013 offseason with the Welker/Amendola debate as a way to frame the “legal” tampering period. I clicked, thinking he’d bring back all the hysteria over not giving in to Welker’s demands (3-yr, $27m originally), and signing the “injury-prone” Amendola instead.

Reiss was one of the few then who looked at the transactions rationally. The Pats obviously knew what they were doing, as Welker’s collapse proved, and Reiss would be within his rights to pen an “I told you so” column. Unfortunately, he doesn’t have a vindictive bone in his body.

Kevin
    Participant

Felger was practically pushing Edelman out the door yesterday, which is funny since he wanted to sign Welker for four years at age 31.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Felger was practically pushing Edelman out the door yesterday, which is funny since he wanted to sign Welker for four years at age 31.

Both things allow him to piss on the fans/team in opposite ways.

Edelman-out-the-door trolls the fans by wanting a well loved player who buys in to the system to leave. This is similar trolling to the “Brady’s clock is ticking” variety.  He won’t be here forever, folks!

The Welker thing allows him to blast the team for being cheap when they let him go, and then rip the In-Bill-We-Trust fans for not being as upset as they should be and “drinking the kool-aid.”

BSF34
    Participant

This dummy doesn’t quit.

Speaking of 98.5, someone on Twitter commented awhile back that everyone there is either obese or look malnourished, no in between.   :lol:

Wait, what?

Participant

This dummy doesn’t quit.

Speaking of 98.5, someone on Twitter commented awhile back that everyone there is either obese or look malnourished, no in between. 😆

And WHITE!

Major Intangibles
    Participant

😆 Just my feeling on having to start another daily thread. 😉

No Days Off.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Patrick Pass
    Participant

And then when Edelman turned out to be great the Pats just got lucky because Amendola was supposed to be the “real” replacement.  :lol:

Participant

I had someone i consider a very close friend hit me with the “They kept Develin but are letting Hightower go….” text today.

Sad! :wag:

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

And then when Edelman turned out to be great the Pats just got lucky because Amendola was supposed to be the “real” replacement. 😆

It’s almost like no one knows exactly what is going to happen to any individual player so the team that has the most complete roster-building strategy and doesn’t sign the next shiny object at above market value can consistently compete for a championship.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

It’s almost like no one knows exactly what is going to happen to any individual player so the team that has the most complete roster-building strategy and doesn’t sign the next shiny object at above market value can consistently compete for a championship.

See: “Why is he always trading down for more picks??”

All part of Ozzie’s master plan </Fatty>

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Sounds deceptive to me.

Coma
    Participant

I was going to say something like, “Is poster BSF34 making a secret demand to be traded to a less-somnolent* message board?” *”APPROVE!”

Chrissy was great on Saturday with the illustrated man, “Just because the Patriots pay people less and win doesn’t make it right.”

WTF does that even mean? What does “right” have to do with it? It’s not like they’re tricking guys or running some sort of salary cap ponzi scheme. There are other ways to build a successful team, but none of them have won as much as the Patriots while avoiding the pitfalls. The Steelers, Ravens, Packers and Broncos have all enjoyed periods of great success, but have also had stretches where they have missed the playoffs or exited quickly. 6 years ago, 49ers looked like they were poised to be a good team for a long time. Now, they’re a joke. Are these teams doing things the right way?

It’s like the argument that that idiot Lifshatz and others make – “Oh, we’re not allowed to criticize the Patriots.” People can criticize or question the team’s moves, but they never frame it within the accomplishments of the team and how they compare to the rest of the league. Their standard is that the Patriots should have won at least 6 SBs over a 15 year period (something that’s never been done) and deem the fact that they won 5 during that time period (something that’s only been done once*) as a failure. These people create an impossible standard – win the SB every year – complain when it doesn’t happen and then have the nerve to be upset that people are questioning their insane standards.

*From what I could see, the 49ers won 5 SBs between 1981 and 1994

Coma
    Participant

This doesn’t seem to fit in with Brother John’s proclamation that they will be competing for championships next season.

This doesn’t seem to fit in with Brother John’s proclamation that they will be competing for championships next season.

Yes, but those 2018 4th, 5th and 6th round comp picks will be key contributors to the 2020 8-8 team.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

It’s like the argument that that idiot Lifshatz and others make – “Oh, we’re not allowed to criticize the Patriots.”

What they actually want is to be “allowed” to criticize the Patriots without anyone responding and correctly telling them they’re stupid, spoiled or unethical.

Ironhead
    Participant

Ryan Hannable checks in today with another insightful column about New England lying in wait during free agen zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz….

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

WTF does that even mean? What does “right” have to do with it? It’s not like they’re tricking guys or running some sort of salary cap ponzi scheme. There are other ways to build a successful team, but none of them have won as much as the Patriots while avoiding the pitfalls. The Steelers, Ravens, Packers and Broncos have all enjoyed periods of great success, but have also had stretches where they have missed the playoffs or exited quickly. 6 years ago, 49ers looked like they were poised to be a good team for a long time. Now, they’re a joke. Are these teams doing things the right way? It’s like the argument that that idiot Lifshatz and others make – “Oh, we’re not allowed to criticize the Patriots.” People can criticize or question the team’s moves, but they never frame it within the accomplishments of the team and how they compare to the rest of the league. Their standard is that the Patriots should have won at least 6 SBs over a 15 year period (something that’s never been done) and deem the fact that they won 5 during that time period (something that’s only been done once*) as a failure. These people create an impossible standard – win the SB every year – complain when it doesn’t happen and then have the nerve to be upset that people are questioning their insane standards. *From what I could see, the 49ers won 5 SBs between 1981 and 1994

QUICK ANSWER

The NFL first instated a salary cap of $34.6 million for each franchise in 1994. Since then, the NFL’s salary cap has increased considerably. The salary cap for the year 2014 was $133 million.

“Joe Montana’s Claims to GOATness in Context” (link)

Lebron
    Participant

Purple Carrot sounds like something John Dennis would love.

:rollseyes:

Participant

To bad this watermain break didn’t happen on Opening Day.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

It’s like the argument that that idiot Lifshatz and others make – “Oh, we’re not allowed to criticize the Patriots.”

What they actually want is to be “allowed” to criticize the Patriots without anyone responding and correctly telling them they’re stupid, spoiled or unethical.

It’s not like there aren’t actual things to criticize, like feckless sneaker-wearing Big Jonathan.

Friend of mine saw Big J and Goodell (separately) in Palm Springs yesterday. Financial committee meeting re: Raiders?

Lebron
    Participant

:rollseyes:

Thought I had heard him say that before but this guy’s assholery knows no limits.  Read his comments on Moss for the HOF saying he has less baggage than Owens but his I play when I play comment is not an example of what he wants in a football player.  Of course his last campaign in Indianapolis was about 100% effort, all the time.  No sandbagging it for Luck or anything like that.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

BILL POLIAN CLAIMS HE HAD A BAC OF .001 THAT NIGHT WHEN HE WAS PINCHED BY THE INDIANA HIGHWAY PATROL

Suzy
    Participant

Big J did have a pretty impressive look of disgust on his face when RG shook his hand after the trophy.  I’ll always give him that. :lol:

Lebron
    Participant

Friend of mine saw Big J and Goodell (separately) in Palm Springs yesterday. Financial committee meeting re: Raiders?

Indian Wells tennis tournament maybe?

andrew
    Participant

Even the people commenting on Florio’s website know that Polian is full of shit. Everyone at ESPN treats Polian like an all-seeing oracle, so don’t expect any pushback from anyone at the Worldwide Leader.

Ironhead
    Participant

Polian works for bottles of Chivas, so ESPN can still afford him.

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

I’m not sure we could handle the resulting Marky Mark movie

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

Polian works for bottles of Chivas, so ESPN can still afford him.

…at a recent reception ESPN was reduced to serving Kirkland Regal, the Costco generic Chivas equivalent…

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Is that what Cooper Wahlberg says?

Kevin
    Participant

:lol:

We all woulda drowned in the watah if it wasn’t fah Tawmmy fuckin’ Sawndahs!

chicowalker
    Participant

You know who wouldn’t have minded a delay like this…Ed Kranepool…John Wetteland….Mickey Rivers..

Dave O’Brien- *shoots self*

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar