Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/8/2017 Daily Thread

This topic contains 143 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  InThisTown 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 144 total)
  • Author

Yahtzee
    Participant

BSF34, you deserve a break today.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

That’s too bad

Kevin
    Participant

Looks like on Twitter that the Patriots have already lost the offseason.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

“Bunting Shoe-peeing is like jacking off. Once you learn how, you never forget.”

/Joe Schultz, manager, Seattle Pilots, in Ball Four

Kevin
    Participant

This guy is mentally challenged, right?

José (Ramse) !‏ @zerowalls
    @WillBrabrook @Jordan_BBS problem is Hightower is gone. Branch is gone too. FA starts shortly and NE decided to let them go.

Kevin
    Participant

On the Quick Slants podcast, Curran said a Twitter follower suggested his new job would be nuking the strawmen created by Trenni, Tanguay and Felger from 6-8.

Gonna guess that was one of us who suggested it.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

That’s too bad

The Colts have like only three defensive players worthy of being on an NFL roster next season and Parry was one of them.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

On the Quick Slants podcast, Curran said a Twitter follower suggested his new job would be nuking the strawmen created by Trenni, Tanguay and Felger from 6-8. Gonna guess that was one of us who suggested it.

Well, I posted that on the board, but I don’t have a Twitter. So not a shock that more than one person  was thinking the same thing.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I don’t suppose TEC lurks here anymore. I remember when he posted on the <weeps quietly>old board</weeps quietly>. And I also recall that The Controversial But Necessary Move To Word Press happened in September 2015, right around the time the NFL (and ESPN) smeared the Patriots on the eve of the regular season. I think even friendly media might have been scared off by our invective!

Major Intangibles
    Participant

They may only win 13 games next year.  :-(

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

chicowalker
    Participant

The word seems to be out on zerowalls.  Looks like people are following him like they might a swarthy hottake bonobo in a zoo.

Coma
    Participant

That’s too bad

The Colts have like only three defensive players worthy of being on an NFL roster next season and Parry was one of them.

The Colts have to cut him, right? According to Polian, the Indianapolis fan base wouldn’t tolerate the team signing a player with a DUI (except Pat MacAfee.) 2 felony charges has to be a ticket out the door. Or maybe the utopian view of the Colts organization is way off base.

Participant

“Those dark days are here finally.  Bob, can I at least get a harumph out of you?”

Image result for jackie macmullan

chicowalker
    Participant

look at that fucking picture.  Two people employed to write about/discuss sports. Such anger and misery on their faces

Participant

They may only win 13 games next year.

Including playoffs.

16 years of 10 wins or more

15 years of 11 wins or more

14 years of 12 wins or more

13 years of 13 wins or more

9 years of 14 wins or more

6 years of 15 wins or more

4 years of 16 wins or more

4 years of 17 wins or more

1 year of 18 wins of more

Clearly, he has no idea what he’s doing down there.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  02062.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Yes, but now with Brandon Marshall signing with the Giants we’ll never get that 19 win season they owe us.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Kingasaurus
    Participant

This guy is mentally challenged, right?

José (Ramse) !‏ @zerowalls @WillBrabrook @Jordan_BBS problem is Hightower is gone. Branch is gone too. FA starts shortly and NE decided to let them go.

You know it’s bad when I actually want the guy to drop dead just to guarantee that he’ll shut the fuck up.

Participant

Yes, but now with Brandon Marshall signing with the Giants we’ll never get that 19 win season they owe us.

Al’s excited because it means Showtime is happy. :lol:

That’s what we are looking for Al when we sign a free agent, keeping a lesser pay cable network happy.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

“Those dark days are here finally. Bob, can I at least get a harumph out of you?” Image result for jackie macmullan

* Bob prepares to respond, but behind his lips the stalactites and stalagmites wage a war unrecognizable by humanity *

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Ryan looks like he could be one of the Monty Python guys when they dress up as old ladies.

Nick B
    Participant

“Those dark days are here finally. Bob, can I at least get a harumph out of you?” Image result for jackie macmullan

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

That’s too bad

The Colts have to cut him, right? According to Polian, the Indianapolis fan base wouldn’t tolerate the team signing a player with a DUI (except Pat MacAfee.) 2 felony charges has to be a ticket out the door. Or maybe the utopian view of the Colts organization is way off base.

Maybe. They don’t have holy roller Tony Dungy to put the cover of sanctity, forgiveness, and second chances over the repentant sinner.

Lebron
    Participant

Heard creepy Adam Schein praising the Marshall signing this morning, no mention/disclaimer that he often yucks it up and feels like an equal with him on Inside the NFL.

Lebron
    Participant

With Dirk passing 30k points last night have to think Pete is out and about reminding baristas that the guy he was traded for on draft night is dead.

Did you hear about Tractor Traylor?

chicowalker
    Participant

I had thought the trade was Tractor Traylor and Pat Garrity for Dirk, just looked it up it was Traylor for Dirk/Garrity.  Traylor for Garrity, considering their careers, would have been a bad trade, but this might be the second worst in NBA history after McHale/Chief for JB Carroll

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 144 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar