Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/9/2017 Daily Thread

This topic contains 223 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by  Coma 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 224 total)
  • Author

Kevin
    Participant

$14 million a year is what Curran was theorizing that someone might pay to Logan Ryan. So imagine that Butler would be more?

Claude45
    Participant

There are select times when conventional wisdom is right, and I would be surprised if Butler is not either (1) re-signed in short order or (2) traded.

I think they will sign him.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

There are select times when conventional wisdom is right, and I would be surprised if Butler is not either (1) re-signed in short order or (2) traded.

I think they will sign him.

I hope so, but purely because I love watching the guy play. So fucking competitive.

Dan
    Participant

Gilmore signing means Ryan is gone, so why would they trade Butler now?

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

TV has lied to me – drove by an accident scene this morning, car had taken out a fire hydrant

Nothing! No geyser shooting into the air, no cartoon cat riding on top of the geyser as a little yellow bird laughed. #epicfail

Callahardfoul
    Participant

Based on reporting that Butler is unhappy with compensation, and the Pats’ track record of planning ahead of player losses, I don’t think the Patriots pay Gilmore 14mil unless they have a plan to pay Butler close to that, or to move Butler for draft picks or players.  Pats usually get ahead of distractions, and Butler’s reaction to not being extended by now, coupled with Gilmore’s deal, makes me think something is happening with Butler besides him playing for 4mil this year.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

It’s the most shoe peeingest time… of the year!!

Complaining about the Pats during free agency. Much like the Masters; A tradition unlike any other.

Never understood how the Masters was a tradition unlike any other. It sure looks like every other golf tournament.

The owners are extra-stuffy! So much so that it stands out in a sport where old British men run one of the big 4 at places called ‘Royal’ and ‘Ancient’. That’s how it’s such a unique tradition, by out-stuffying royal ancient British men.

Participant

TV has lied to me – drove by an accident scene this morning, car had taken out a fire hydrant Nothing! No geyser shooting into the air, no cartoon cat riding on top of the geyser as a little yellow bird laughed. #epicfail

@JoeGill Hanna-Barbera,  you lied to us.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

It’s the most shoe peeingest time… of the year!!

Complaining about the Pats during free agency. Much like the Masters; A tradition unlike any other.

Never understood how the Masters was a tradition unlike any other. It sure looks like every other golf tournament. The owners are extra-stuffy! So much so that it stands out in a sport where old British men run one of the big 4 at places called ‘Royal’ and ‘Ancient’. That’s how it’s such a unique tradition, by out-stuffying royal ancient British men.

It’s sort of like the Derby, where a bunch of Yankees (i.e., the media) get to pretend to be P.G.T. Beauregard for a long weekend, sit on the veranda, gaze out at the vast expanse of green, sip juleps, call either other “suh” and shake their heads sadly about “the Late Unpleasantness.”  Without all that messy slavery crap.

In fact, I may start calling the Masters “that other Peculiar Institution.”   :rollseyes:

Participant

All that “tradition like no other” Nantz/bs aside – only 2 minutes of commercials an hour rocks.

Chief
    Participant

Ryan Hannable can go fuck himself in the ear.  Another one they kept instead of Chris Price?  Unfollow.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

All that “tradition like no other” Nantz/bs aside – only 2 minutes of commercials an hour rocks.

Listening to Nantz makes me miss Pat Summerall.  Understated, apt and smarm-free, even at the Masters.

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

No info here, but Bennett to the Giants, Jets or Rams is my prediction.

He was a good and important player for the Pats, and if they could have had him at Allen’s numbers, I would have been psyched. He is annoying as shit, but I don’t think they win the Super Bowl without him. I am specifically referring to that game. He had an underrated big performance.

I don’t know if there’s ever been as ‘good’ a player leaving town who I’ve cared less about.

Thanks for the year. 6’7″ 280+ gets pushed around like he’s 5’7″ 180

InThisTown
    Participant

No info here, but Bennett to the Giants, Jets or Rams is my prediction. He was a good and important player for the Pats, and if they could have had him at Allen’s numbers, I would have been psyched. He is annoying as shit, but I don’t think they win the Super Bowl without him. I am specifically referring to that game. He had an underrated big performance.

I don’t know if there’s ever been as ‘good’ a player leaving town who I’ve cared less about. Thanks for the year. 6’7″ 280+ gets pushed around like he’s 5’7″ 180

There was one two years ago, but yes, exactly.

Dan
    Participant

Based on reporting that Butler is unhappy with compensation, and the Pats’ track record of planning ahead of player losses, I don’t think the Patriots pay Gilmore 14mil unless they have a plan to pay Butler close to that, or to move Butler for draft picks or players. Pats usually get ahead of distractions, and Butler’s reaction to not being extended by now, coupled with Gilmore’s deal, makes me think something is happening with Butler besides him playing for 4mil this year.

I don’t know, I don’t see Butler being a distraction if he’s here next year. I think they either extend him or let it play out.  I don’t think their plan is to lose both Ryan and Butler and go into next year with two new corners.

Feejis
    Participant

What are the exact rules on the compensation of a team signs Butler?

I know it’s a 1st rounder but does it have to be this year? Meaning is there a time limit or can a team try to sign him in June and make it a 2018 first rounder? (I assume the NFL has thought of this but they are the NFL).

I wouldn’t be surprised if he resigns but I also wouldn’t be surprised if they make him play under the tender or hold out.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

What are the exact rules on the compensation of a team signs Butler? I know it’s a 1st rounder but does it have to be this year? Meaning is there a time limit or can a team try to sign him in June and make it a 2018 first rounder? (I assume the NFL has thought of this but they are the NFL). I wouldn’t be surprised if he resigns but I also wouldn’t be surprised if they make him play under the tender or hold out.

I believe the deadline for offers on RFAs is the draft or just before it. Its this year’s pick. After that Butler can either sign his tender or sit out. But his status would be tolled to next year as a RFA if he does.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Isn’t holding out almost impossible under the new CBA?

Callahardfoul
    Participant

What are the exact rules on the compensation of a team signs Butler? I know it’s a 1st rounder but does it have to be this year? Meaning is there a time limit or can a team try to sign him in June and make it a 2018 first rounder? (I assume the NFL has thought of this but they are the NFL). I wouldn’t be surprised if he resigns but I also wouldn’t be surprised if they make him play under the tender or hold out.

If it is a strict sign and no match, it is a 1st for this year. He has to be signed by 4/21 I think.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Two Bills Drive

Puts the he’s not any good hot takes to bed. i hate them

At least we got our FBs. Everyone knows fullback win championships

Yup, not surprised.

Probably signed for 40 bucks, cool ranch doritos, and a TB12 Tshirt.

#$!@&$@ scumbag Pats.

Oh no, this is such a profound and indisputable game changer. I think this puts the Patriots in a great position to win the AFC East division next year.

Feejis
    Participant

I believe the deadline for offers on RFAs is the draft or just before it. Its this year’s pick. After that Butler can either sign his tender or sit out. But his status would be tolled to next year as a RFA if he does.

Great, so he and his agent can go set his market then. If it’s good enough for the Pats they will match. I assume based on their discussions they know what he wants. Let’s see if someone gives it to him. If it’s absurd they’ll let him walk, trade Jimmy and have 3 first rounders.

PTT

Patrick Pass
    Participant

If it is a strict sign and no match, it is a 1st for this year. He has to be signed by 4/21 I think.

Yes. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000765416/article/national-football-league-important-dates-for-2017

After that he plays for the Pats or nobody (barring a trade)

Callahardfoul
    Participant

That lady who fucks everyone for info says Pats considering Butler to the Saints for Brandin Cooks

Hacksaw
    Participant

I have been in Arizona for Spring Break doing Spring Training. Saw Francona last night he doesn’t look well, but then I only times I have seen him on TV and from a 100 yards away when in person.

Listening to the sports station out here about the Cardinals and it sounds like all the players who want to stay with the Cardinals do not believe in hometown discounts putting the Cardinals in salary cap trouble. The host basically is saying “Cardinals can only afford free agents with $50.00 Dicks Sporting Goods gift cards.”

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  Hacksaw.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 224 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar