Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/06-4/12/2020 Weekly Discussion Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    Yahtzee
    Participant

In light of what won’t be happening this year, can we do a BSMW Classic series of Easter dinner discussion greatest hits?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Gronk is the WWE Champion? :blink:

chicowalker
    Participant

RIP Kitner boy’s mom.  Beaches open for the 4th!

chicowalker
    Participant

I have spent the better part of almost 46 years ducking being essential, but I’ve been conscripted by RI emergency management to assist in purchasing PPE, ventilators, etc.  I’m sitting in an office awaiting my instructions/access, but from what I understand I will be participating in the “bidding against other states for Chinese supplies” nonsense you may have seen on the news.  Can’t wait! :weei:

2 users thanked author for this post.
    thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

Saw the note in last week’s thread that Bedard is piling on Cooper.  Guess who Cooper’s agent isn’t?  Brian Murphy, Bedard’s best buddy.

Fatty is nuts:

1. I think, if I were Miami GM Chris Grier, and I liked Joe Burrow clearly above all other quarterbacks this year, I’d call the Bengals and offer four first-round picks for Cincinnati’s first overall pick. I think, if I were Cincinnati owner Mike Brown, I’d say no—under one important condition.

Coma
    Participant

Regarding Gronk, he isn’t THE WWE Champion, he’s the 24-7 Champion. It’s a title that’s mainly used for comic relief, where the holder can be pinned anytime by anyone. Enes Kanter is a former champion, for example.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Chico, this has the potential to be a great career move on your part. Or maybe that’s just me watching to much Better Call Saul, Ozark, etc and thinking every person in a position like this ends up making millions by accident on the black market and then working for a drug cartel.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Does the WWE still have the “Intercontinental Champion” or did that end up being retired with the passing of Iron Mike Sharpe?

Lebron
    Participant

So Pete is down to creating a false scenario and then rejecting that scenario?  Good work if you can get it.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Hacksaw
    Participant

So is the 24/7 Title like the Hardcore Title, but with scientific wrestling rules?

Participant

TOMATO CANS!!!!!

“The Patriots were first among all NFL franchises in regards to wins against playoff teams dating back to 2001.  Specifically, they were 63-36 against playoff teams during that span for a winning pct. of 63.6%.”

Lebron
    Participant

That Intercontinental belt always looked so uncomfortable, especially when Magnificent Muraco would wear it and his fat rolls and stretch marks would hang over it.

jforb
    Participant

This is pretty typical 24/7 stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ6jsdrAZWA

Odds are pretty good that Gronk has lost it, regained it, and lost it again by now.

chicowalker
    Participant

I embrace all opportunity

Lebron
    Participant

Pete saying no one had heard of Zoom before this.  Well except for anyone with a real fucking job.  We’ve been using Zoom for 2 years.  Also if you watch NHL I’ve seen Zoom ads plastered all over the boards.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I think if I were BrianInLa I would call up and offer my services as a data analyst to SpaceX for $1.2 million annually.  I think If I were Elon Musk I’d reject that offer outright. And laugh.

Ya, I don’t think I’d have fun doing that for more than 5 minutes. Yet somehow Fatty will keep himself entertained for months.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Chico to the rescue, save all us RI’ers!

You won’t even have thoughts of Gaspee Days to distract you :ozzy: :ozzy: :ozzy: :ozzy:

Lebron
    Participant

I love the idea that the NFL is going to take the temperature of everyone before a game but still hasn’t presented the data on the air pressure in footballs on game day.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Pete saying he’s a bloodthirsty Monopoly player had me laughing until I couldn’t breathe.

No one likes to play Monopoly with me. I am vicious. I like to take your last dollar. I take glee when you get assessed for street repairs. I might give you amnesty on paying if you land on my hotel on Kentucky Avenue, but I will extract a heavy price from you if I do.

Willing to bet if you threw him a 3 day old doughnut he’d consider that paying the heavy price.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

Pete saying no one had heard of Zoom before this. Well except for anyone with a real fucking job. We’ve been using Zoom for 2 years. Also if you watch NHL I’ve seen Zoom ads plastered all over the boards.

I hope he gets hacked.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I love the idea that the NFL is going to take the temperature of everyone before a game but still hasn’t presented the data on the air pressure in footballs on game day.

How many weeks will it take them to realize that they should wash the thermometers between uses?

Pete saying he’s a bloodthirsty Monopoly player had me laughing until I couldn’t breathe.

No one likes to play Monopoly with me. I am vicious. I like to take your last dollar. I take glee when you get assessed for street repairs. I might give you amnesty on paying if you land on my hotel on Kentucky Avenue, but I will extract a heavy price from you if I do.

Willing to bet if you threw him a 3 day old doughnut he’d consider that paying the heavy price.

The King of Kentucky Avenue, starring George Wendt

Lebron
    Participant

The league will probably use that air pressure gauge as a thermometer and tell the players oh no this doesn’t go in your mouth.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Chico to the rescue, save all us RI’ers!

You won’t even have thoughts of Gaspee Days to distract you

Chris Gaspar has his own tribute day in RI?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 140 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar