Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/1-4/7/2019 Weekly Discussion Thread – Final 4 Edition

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    Yahtzee
    Participant

Sox home opener still a long way away.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Let’s hope their first quality start happens a lot sooner than the home opener. I can understand their attempt to preserve their starters’ health, although as of now the results aren’t there. I’d suggest shortening the regular season, but “back in the day” with a shorter schedule and postseason, you still had pitchers throwing 300 innings and blowing out their arms.

chicowalker
    Participant

Professional writer!

The only negative on the NFL landscape was the Robert Kraft/prostitution embarrassment, but that felt like almost a non-sequitur to be dealt with by Goodell.

Am I way off or is there any way this can be construed as the proper application of this term?

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

Plus Al, returns my calls and plays grabass with me wo he has his work cut out for him.

“I’ve always said that from Labor Day till early February, the most important job in the league belongs to the commissioner. Number two: the vice president of officiating. For Riveron, that job gets a lot tougher in 2019.”

Pete has a vote.

“I believe Shane Lechler is a Hall of Fame player.”

Today’s column also includes a lengthy finger wag at Bob Kraft’s legal strategy….

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

It was interesting (h/t RapSheet) to see Lechler punted in the Snow Bowl game. Is Brady the only player still active from that game?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Major Intangibles
    Participant

It was interesting (h/t RapSheet) to see Lechler punted in the Snow Bowl game. Is Brady the only player still active from that game?

Vinatieri.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

D’oh (head slap).

Participant

I don’t know why he’s thanking Nate Archibald in a Heat uni but good for you LJ.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Am I a bad person for thinking that Nipsey Hussle’s death doesn’t register as high on the tragedy meter because of his name?

Lebron
    Participant

Without looking I’m going to guess Pete fingerwagged Veep for working in mass shooting jokes.

chicowalker
    Participant

speaking of LJ is there a reason he hasn’t been on the radio the last few weeks? Finally succumb to his hiccups?

Claude45
    Participant

Plus Al, returns my calls and plays grabass with me wo he has his work cut out for him.

“I’ve always said that from Labor Day till early February, the most important job in the league belongs to the commissioner. Number two: the vice president of officiating. For Riveron, that job gets a lot tougher in 2019.”

Pete has a vote.

“I believe Shane Lechler is a Hall of Fame player.”

Today’s column also includes a lengthy finger wag at Bob Kraft’s legal strategy….

Jesus, we have to sit through Pete pontificating on football which he doesn’t understand. Now we’re subject to his legal expertise.

I’d say we could expect the level of law analysis of a Law & Order viewer from Pete but I assume he barely understands what he’s watching. Petey just finger wags the first guy the cops think did it for not just admitting his crime and trotting off to jail.

Claude45
    Participant

Note to the world. I have seen a calendar and know that it’s April Fool’s Day. I will not believe that Tom Brady has retired.

April Fool’s Day is the most painfully unfunny day of the year.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Kmac
    Participant

D’oh (head slap).

Janikowski not officially done.

Yahtzee
    Participant

speaking of LJ is there a reason he hasn’t been on the radio the last few weeks? Finally succumb to his hiccups?

Colon cancer surgery.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Note to the world. I have seen a calendar and know that it’s April Fool’s Day. I will not believe that Tom Brady has retired.

The Globe trotted a gag out to subscribers this morning.  The Daily Rip – a newsletter on the marijuana news of the day.

At least I assume it’s a joke.

Lebron
    Participant

Wow, crazy that a guy getting paid $50 mil a year has a busy season.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

The Baseball Paper has a whole section on its web site on Marijuana. Seriously: World News, Metro, Business, Sports, “Lifestyle” and Weed.

OTOH, CBD oil might just be the ticket for my dog’s pinched nerve … not to mention, me.

Lebron
    Participant

Denver Post had a cannabis section years ago.  Now everyone’s doing it.  Whatever.

I tried CBD balm on an inflamed joint a couple of months ago.  Not sure if it did anything but I know a number of people that swear by the stuff for aching joints/muscles.  Or maybe I was just disappointed I didn’t get stoned off the stuff.  Like drinking decaf or non alcoholic beer.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Brutus Beefcake is now a Hall of Famer.

He probably was golfing when he got the call.

Lebron
    Participant

What a jokester!

Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVay welcomed his friend Kliff Kingsbury to the NFL coaching ranks by trying to trick the Arizona Cardinals coach into thinking he would lose draft picks by tampering with Patrick Mahomes.

He said he pulled the prank at a dinner he attended with Kingsbury and Mahomes, the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback with whom Kingsbury has a personal relationship.

“We have a mutual friend that I put his name in my phone as [NFL commissioner] Roger Goodell. I had this friend send me a text saying, ‘I can’t believe you’re at dinner with Kingsbury and Mahomes. You know better than this. This is tampering. You’re both losing picks.’

Meanwhile Bill’s at Navy goofing off with the lax bros.  Myke!!!

NASCL
    Participant

Tomorrow’s LJ tracing:

Claude45
    Participant

Tomorrow’s LJ tracing:

Trace a halo, some angel wings and squiggly sticks that are supposed to be the pearly gates. Job done.

Claude45
    Participant

Looks like I took a dump on Tom Brady himself with this post. Shots fired!

Chuck Schick
    Participant

Ha! With the caption:

Time out for BLANK. 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 144 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar