Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/1-4/7/2019 Weekly Discussion Thread – Final 4 Edition

This topic contains 142 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  Chuck Schick 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 143 total)
  • Author

Yahtzee
    Participant

The Baseball Paper has a whole section on its web site on Marijuana. Seriously: World News, Metro, Business, Sports, “Lifestyle” and Weed.

OTOH, CBD oil might just be the ticket for my dog’s pinched nerve … not to mention, me.

So, it may actually be real?

BrianInLA
    Participant

Denver Post had a cannabis section years ago. Now everyone’s doing it. Whatever.

I tried CBD balm on an inflamed joint a couple of months ago. Not sure if it did anything but I know a number of people that swear by the stuff for aching joints/muscles. Or maybe I was just disappointed I didn’t get stoned off the stuff. Like drinking decaf or non alcoholic beer.

I know many people who swear by CBD cream especially older people. Once they realize they’re not going to get stoned or buzzed and then feel the inflammation stop hurting they love it. I’ve used it on sore fingers and wrists and it does seem to help.

Coma
    Participant

Today’s column also includes a lengthy finger wag at Bob Kraft’s legal strategy….

Jesus, we have to sit through Pete pontificating on football which he doesn’t understand. Now we’re subject to his legal expertise.

I’d say we could expect the level of law analysis of a Law & Order viewer from Pete but I assume he barely understands what he’s watching. Petey just finger wags the first guy the cops think did it for not just admitting his crime and trotting off to jail.

I haven’t read it yet, but it can’t be a good sign for Kraft if one of the league’s mouthpieces is criticizing his legal strategy. Of course, I remember when the HOF game had to be cancelled and there was a lawsuit against the league, the NFL’s attorney’s questioned the “alleged relationship” between the NFL, the HOF and the HOF game. I don’t recall King taking the league to task for that approach and urging them to do the right thing.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Of course Pete’s the guy that tricked a kid out of a baseball that he thought had value.  What a repugnant piece of shit.

He also does the “if I were him I would take any punishment without complaint.”   So if Goodell suspended him for 5 years and fined him $100 million he should say nothing?  WTF?  Who does that?  Also, Pete complains on a weekly basis via his column, maybe he should take his own fucking advice.

6 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

plus there’d be a challenge to get 17 Sky Judges ruling with the same standard from crew to crew.

The refs now rule with the same standard?

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Tomase, Trenni, Tanguay paid by the same company. This world sucks.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Claude45
    Participant

At least they’re getting rounded up.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

It sucks that they’re being paid by anyone.

Fatty’s advice without fail is always, always to throw yourself on the mercy of the court, and everything will turn out OK. He did it again yesterday:

1. I think this Robert Kraft battle over his prostitution charge—and all the various legalese tributaries that go along with it—makes zero sense to me. I do not understand apologizing for something and then fighting to prove innocence, or whatever Kraft is trying to prove, in the same case … all the while keeping his name in the headlines for the wrong reasons. Admittedly, I haven’t been in his shoes, either in wealth or status or this case. But this could have gone away quickly if he’d simply said a few more things when he apologized recently:

a. I’m guilty, and I will not fight the charges.

b. I’ll do whatever the legal system requires.

c. Though I had no idea and still don’t if there was any use of human trafficking in this place I frequented, I’ll contribute X dollars to fight the scourge of human trafficking, and I’ll meet with local and national experts to do what I can to stop human trafficking in the United States.

d. Though I believe my history as an NFL advocate and cornerstone should be considered, I’ll take my punishment from the NFL without complaint.

Gasper said about the same thing:

It’s better to accept responsibility, beg for forgiveness, and promise to do better than to use your means and high-priced lawyers to escape accountability for your actions on legal technicalities. Outside of the Hub of Honks, few will find that tack sympathetic or savory.

Every time with these guys, they affix such blind trust (well, blind trust with somebody else’s ass on the line) on the authority figures who will determine culpability or on the court of public opinion who will judge. Just hand over your phone, Tom. Just admit that something must have happened and Roger will surely cut the suspension in half. Just apologize, Bill. Say that you dishonored the memory of your father and we’ll let bygones be bygones. Just take the deal, Robert, and I’m positive nobody will ever mention it again.

I’d like them to produce one example of when prostrating themselves like that has ever made anything go away (well, short of a Giant, Jet or Steeler offense). I suppose you could say Goodell’s initial punishment of Ray Rice, when Rice “looked him in the eye” and told him what he did. Of course, as soon as the second video came out, Goodell hung Rice out to dry.

Edit: Actually, on hindsight, has there ever been a Giant, Steeler or Jet who had to throw themselves at the mercy of Goodell? Far as I remember, the offenders never said shit, they got handclaps, and everything went away.

Participant

Denver Post had a cannabis section years ago. Now everyone’s doing it. Whatever.

I tried CBD balm on an inflamed joint a couple of months ago. Not sure if it did anything but I know a number of people that swear by the stuff for aching joints/muscles. Or maybe I was just disappointed I didn’t get stoned off the stuff. Like drinking decaf or non alcoholic beer.

I know many people who swear by CBD cream especially older people. Once they realize they’re not going to get stoned or buzzed and then feel the inflammation stop hurting they love it. I’ve used it on sore fingers and wrists and it does seem to help.

Image result for who told you to put the balm on

Yahtzee
    Participant

That’s going to be a kettle of mixed emotions if the Sox head into the home opener on this trajectory.

Participant

So CSNNE wouldn’t hire the guy who “oversold” his connection to Cora, but would hire the guy who made up a story? – yay SportsMedia!

Multiple sources said Andres oversold a connection to connection to Red Sox manager Alex Cora, with whom he’d worked at ESPN. It’s uncertain whether that is a reason he didn’t ultimately join the network.”

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

King is some journalist. What a keen mind he has for legal matters. Too bad he didin’t get wind of the Adnan Sayed case before the folks at ‘Serial’ did.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

How many more games of Wade exchanging jerseys must we endure.

Suzy
    Participant

Fatty’s advice without fail is always, always to throw yourself on the mercy of the court, and everything will turn out OK. He did it again yesterday:

1. I think this Robert Kraft battle over his prostitution charge—and all the various legalese tributaries that go along with it—makes zero sense to me. I do not understand apologizing for something and then fighting to prove innocence, or whatever Kraft is trying to prove, in the same case … all the while keeping his name in the headlines for the wrong reasons. Admittedly, I haven’t been in his shoes, either in wealth or status or this case. But this could have gone away quickly if he’d simply said a few more things when he apologized recently:

a. I’m guilty, and I will not fight the charges.

b. I’ll do whatever the legal system requires.

c. Though I had no idea and still don’t if there was any use of human trafficking in this place I frequented, I’ll contribute X dollars to fight the scourge of human trafficking, and I’ll meet with local and national experts to do what I can to stop human trafficking in the United States.

d. Though I believe my history as an NFL advocate and cornerstone should be considered, I’ll take my punishment from the NFL without complaint.

Gasper said about the same thing:

It’s better to accept responsibility, beg for forgiveness, and promise to do better than to use your means and high-priced lawyers to escape accountability for your actions on legal technicalities. Outside of the Hub of Honks, few will find that tack sympathetic or savory.

Every time with these guys, they affix such blind trust (well, blind trust with somebody else’s ass on the line) on the authority figures who will determine culpability or on the court of public opinion who will judge. Just hand over your phone, Tom. Just admit that something must have happened and Roger will surely cut the suspension in half. Just apologize, Bill. Say that you dishonored the memory of your father and we’ll let bygones be bygones. Just take the deal, Robert, and I’m positive nobody will ever mention it again.

I’d like them to produce one example of when prostrating themselves like that has ever made anything go away (well, short of a Giant, Jet or Steeler offense). I suppose you could say Goodell’s initial punishment of Ray Rice, when Rice “looked him in the eye” and told him what he did. Of course, as soon as the second video came out, Goodell hung Rice out to dry.

Edit: Actually, on hindsight, has there ever been a Giant, Steeler or Jet who had to throw themselves at the mercy of Goodell? Far as I remember, the offenders never said shit, they got handclaps, and everything went away.

This times a million.

“Handclaps”? Make that wrist slaps.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Am I a bad person for thinking that Nipsey Hussle’s death doesn’t register as high on the tragedy meter because of his name?

“Yes” say Rock Hudson, Rick Rude, and Lotta Topp.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Note to the world. I have seen a calendar and know that it’s April Fool’s Day. I will not believe that Tom Brady has retired.

April Fool’s Day is the most painfully unfunny day of the year.

The Globe trotted a gag out to subscribers this morning. The Daily Rip – a newsletter on the marijuana news of the day.

At least I assume it’s a joke.

It’s not a joke. They just keep forgetting to write it.

Coma
    Participant

Fatty’s advice without fail is always, always to throw yourself on the mercy of the court, and everything will turn out OK.

Every time with these guys, they affix such blind trust (well, blind trust with somebody else’s ass on the line) on the authority figures who will determine culpability or on the court of public opinion who will judge.

When LoveKlemko got into trouble for going GTA on that cab driver, did King tell him to admit to everything and accept whatever punishment came his way? Maybe he did, but someone wiser probably told Klemko “Don’t listen to that guy. He still believes in Santa Claus. Get yourself a good lawyer and see what your options are. You’ve got to think about protecting your career, not scoring nobility points with Peter.”

If King and Vrentas (I think it was her) were pulled over for driving in the bike lane to make it to a football game, would PK just accept whatever fine and other potential punishment/expenditures that were coming their way? Would he insist that only he be punished because he was the one who told Vrentas to do it? Or would he have mentioned who he and Vrentas were and how it was very important for them to get to the stadium on time?

If some whatever authority that exists there had seen PK let his grandson steer the boat, while neither of them were wearing life vests, would he have just accepted whatever citation he received without comment? Or would he have gone the “Aw, it’s my grandson’s first time on a boat and I wanted to make it special/It was just for a little while/It will never happen again” route.

With Kraft, King forgets that the police and DA said that the men they arrested were “monsters” and directly contributing to human trafficking. Someone of Kraft’s status and means isn’t going to just accept the charges accompanying those characterizations.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Isn’t it great how everyone wants to tell Krafty Bob what to do but how many would do the same thing as him if they were in the same situation. How bout zero.

Lebron
    Participant

Joe Kelly getting booed in LA?  I didn’t think anyone cared about anything that much in LA.

Lebron
    Participant

I give the Browns credit, they skyrocketed up near the top of the hatred category straight from how can you hate a team that can’t win a game category.  Like going from Single A to the bigs.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Does anyone know what Krafty Bob did the Felger that he’s so blood thirsty to see him go down?

There has to be more to this. He is way to excited to see him fail. Krafty Bob has made Felger  plenty of  money because of the team stinks no one listens.

Fatty and Kid Gas are pretty transparent. Fatty is on his moral high horse and Kid Gas is taking orders from Powder and his daughter.

NASCL
    Participant

5 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

How did the AAF fail with media darlings such as Polian, Polamu, Hines Ward and Mike Pereira involves?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 143 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar