Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/1-4/7/2019 Weekly Discussion Thread – Final 4 Edition

This topic contains 143 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  Florida Sox Fan 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 144 total)
  • Author

jforb
    Participant

How did the AAF fail with media darlings such as Polian, Polamu, Hines Ward and Mike Pereira involves?

Really hope Polian invested all his money in it.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

How did the AAF fail with media darlings such as Polian, Polamu, Hines Ward and Mike Pereira involves?

When I first saw the abbreviation “AAF” I thought of Bedard. :lol:

4 users thanked author for this post.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Announcement – Bruce went in and fixed the last post in the Pic Bunker. It is once again possible to post in that thread. Thx.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

1 user thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

When I first saw the abbreviation “AAF” I thought of Bedard. :lol:

I think of Bob and Zip

Lebron
    Participant

This Nipsy Hustle thing has to be a catfish.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

First we lose Nipsey Hustle and now the AAF folds. It’s been some week :dry: Also Felicity Huffman has got to be pissed at all the attention Lori Laughlin is getting compared to her. She won an emmy and was nominated for an Oscar but is playing second fiddle to the chick from full house.

Lebron
    Participant

Ask any of our Hallmark Channel watching mothers/family and they’ll tell you Lori Loughlin is the way bigger star than one of the old Desperate Fishwives.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Hallmark is a wagon bro.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Gimp
    Participant

She’s no Candace Cameron-Bure.

Coma
    Participant

This Nipsy Hustle thing has to be a catfish.

I just can’t believe someone assessed the situation, decided “That’s it, I have no choice but to kill Nipsey,” didn’t realize how ridiculous that sounded and didn’t change their mind as a result.

Lebron
    Participant

That and apparently the idea that all the NBA players knew him and Russell Westbrook dedicated his 20/20/20 performance last night to him.

The one I can’t believe, going a bit off topic, is the guy sitting in his car some college student hops in thinking it’s her Uber and he concludes “gotta murder and bury the body”  Who does that?  Like randomly encountering a serial killer I guess.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Nipsy Hustle is a great name.

NASCL
    Participant

Interesting that she’s holding hands with Atty. Tim Cahill.

Feejis
    Participant

Nipsy Hustle is a great name.

Seconded.

Participant

I really do give up.

“Quite frankly, Stephen A. Smith is going to be richer.

Smith is in line to become the highest-paid on-air person at ESPN by potentially boosting his salary to $10 million per year, according to people with knowledge of the upcoming negotiations.”

Coma
    Participant

I really do give up.

Smith is in line to become the highest-paid on-air person at ESPN by potentially boosting his salary to $10 million per year, according to people with knowledge of the upcoming negotiations.”

I thought the coked up guy wasn’t making decisions for ESPN anymore?

Hacksaw
    Participant

Interesting that she’s holding hands with Atty. Tim Cahill.

Good catch…I thought it was Gary Busey.

Lebron
    Participant

Probably gets ratings from doctors offices having espn on a constant loop.  He also has a radio show for espn so quite the bargain.

The formula for these yelling shows cracks me up.  Two brain dead but impeccably dressed gladiators enter the studio, shake hands, and are refereed by some form of eye candy who introduces topics that they then proceed to yell about.  Fox, espn, doesn’t matter.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Probably gets ratings from doctors offices having espn on a constant loop. He also has a radio show for espn so quite the bargain.

The formula for these yelling shows cracks me up. Two brain dead but impeccably dressed gladiators enter the studio, shake hands, and are refereed by some form of eye candy who introduces topics that they then proceed to yell about. Fox, espn, doesn’t matter.

Who is that weird looking dude who sits across from Cris Carter on FS1?  Guy should be on radio, not TV.

EDIT: It’s someone named Nick Wright. :blink:

Lebron
    Participant

Also has a radio show on Sirius called “What’s Wright” the absolute worst thing about him, and there are a lot of worst things, is when he refers to Leveon Bell as “L Bell.”  Makes me want to pull over and rob a bank Heat style.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

I really do give up.

I thought the coked up guy wasn’t making decisions for ESPN anymore?

Speaking of the coked up guy….

https://nypost.com/2019/04/03/ex-espn-president-skipper-i-was-a-coward-during-bill-simmons-firing/

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Nick Wright had a podcast with Michael Lombardi called the Make Me Smarter Podcast. Wright would give a hot take and then Lombardi would react to it. He was wrong about 110% of the time. One of the takes was that Odell Beckham was the most valuable player in football.  Then The Ringer stole Lombardi and Cris Carter became the expert. I stopped listening soon after the switch. I just checked to see if they were still doing it, and I see that the last episode was the preview of the Pats-Falcons Super Bowl. Nick Wright picked the Falcons, 34-28(!).

2 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

Wallach and Powe, jesus

Yahtzee
    Participant

Pete Abe has the rare proceeding hairline.

Participant

“Just wondering, but did the 1950s and ’60s Yankees shut down Whitey Ford every spring training back in the days when Ford pitched in the World Series every year? Or are the Red Sox the first to invent the reduced spring workload plan that’s worked so well in the first week of the 2019 season?”

Written by the same guy who thinks Tom Brady should be taken out of a 10 point football game in the 3rd quarter.

Remember, only $3 a day at your newsstand.

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 144 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar