Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/12/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 67 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Feejis 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Humphrey
    Participant

Picking up the pieces while pondering the Baseball Paper’s coverage of the pseudo fight.

Didn’t access this site via smartphone until very recently.    Is there an app or does one always use a browser?    The reason I’m asking is that the “log in” selection is invisible …on a computer is next to the WordPress symbol.    If it’s not an app, how do I find the damn thing?

InThisTown
    Participant

The sun is shining. The Patriots still lost the Super Bowl. But let’s play some fucking hockey. Kills those cvnts.

TJM
    Participant

Picking up the pieces while pondering the Baseball Paper’s coverage of the pseudo fight. Didn’t access this site via smartphone until very recently. Is there an app or does one always use a browser? The reason I’m asking is that the “log in” selection is invisible …on a computer is next to the WordPress symbol. If it’s not an app, how do I find the damn thing?

Scroll all the way to the bottom

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Anybody have a problem with the site redirecting to spam webpages on Chrome mobile?

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

chicowalker
    Participant

Anybody have a problem with the site redirecting to spam webpages on Chrome mobile?

I actually quite enjoy it.  My manhood has never felt more vital!

GusChiggins
    Participant

Still trying to decide which I liked more.

Cutting edge child journalist Alex Reimer saying he’s done with analytics (let me guess, it makes your job too hard now).

or

Criag hiring Loyko. At least they can watch film together and prentend to each other they know what they’re looking at.

Great day for sportz media.

Lebron
    Participant

Assuming Bedard went with Loyko because Johnny the Shoeshine Guy doesn’t just hand out his insight for free

chicowalker
    Participant

Rumor has it Loyko was hired with the contingency that all staff meetings take place at his house

Hacksaw
    Participant

Because of the fight NESN’s ratings must have skyrocketed.

I can understand sitcoms, news shows, and TV movies being worried about ratings, but a sports franchise worried about cable ratings where their team is one of the Nations top fan bases in sports doesn’t make sense.

jforb
    Participant

Anyone think Loyko or AAC could identify 50% of formations correctly?

Loyko bump to 8013 although the person who said they were converting to lifetime in response to his tweet about being hired apparently didn’t.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

That brawl make Tom Caron was positively giddy on the post game show last night. He implied that the Sox not doing the same thing when Muchado spiked Pedroia last year was the equivalent of letting Hitler invade Austria.

Hacksaw
    Participant

That brawl make Tom Caron was positively giddy on the post game show last night. He implied that the Sox not doing the same thing when Muchado spiked Pedroia last year was the equivalent of letting Hitler invade Austria.

If it was Eddie Nunez no one would have cared.

chicowalker
    Participant

If Kelly didn’t hit Austin BoSox lady was going to send Merle after him.  Brock star!*

*career OPS+ of 86, never has had even a league-average season

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I must have watched two hours of playoff hockey last night, and the only fight I saw was the Kelly-Austin bout during the ten minutes I tuned into the Red Sox game.  My wife was watching out of the corner of her eye and for a moment she thought a hockey game was still on.  “Nope,” I said, “bench-clearing brawls only happen in baseball now.”   :lol:

Because I loathe both Pennsylvania teams, I watched the Minnesota-Winnipeg tilt.  Fantastic game, with Winnipeg’s relentless attack (in front of their insane group of fans) largely stymied by the Minnesota goalie until a ticky-tacky penalty call in the third gave the Jets a power play … and Joe Morrow, of all people, scored the winning goal.

Participant

If Kelly didn’t hit Austin BoSox lady was going to send Merle after him. Brock star!* *career OPS+ of 86, never has had even a league-average season

OPS – SCHMO-PS – TC loves talking about Brock’s hair and it’s “flow” and that’s all that matters…..

Suzy
    Participant

Still trying to decide which I liked more. Cutting edge child journalist Alex Reimer saying he’s done with analytics (let me guess, it makes your job too hard now). or Criag hiring Loyko. At least they can watch film together and prentend to each other they know what they’re looking at. Great day for sportz media.

He said he’s “done” with analytics? 

Why not just admit you don’t understand them and have no desire to learn? As long as you can get noticed for mooning over Tom Brady who needs to know anything about actual sports anyhow.

Twink’s shtick is ponderous.

Lebron
    Participant

So to him analytics are worth sweet fuck all because he saw an MLB Network program where Yastrzemski swung at a first pitch against the Twins in 1967.  Sound logic.

Suzy
    Participant

So to him analytics are worth sweet fuck all because he saw an MLB Network program where Yastrzemski swung at a first pitch against the Twins in 1967. Sound logic.

He’s a moron.

chicowalker
    Participant

1967 Red Sox? I wonder if he had Buckley in his…..

ear :ohmy:   :pk:

Suzy
    Participant

1967 Red Sox? I wonder if he had Buckley in his….. ear :ohmy: :pk:

:ohmy:

Kevin
    Participant

The Eck thing was so overblown and there’s so many Hardo douchebags out there that I want to defend David Price.

But leaving a Yankees game with finger numbness makes it tough. :lol:

Coma
    Participant

Still trying to decide which I liked more. Cutting edge child journalist Alex Reimer saying he’s done with analytics (let me guess, it makes your job too hard now). or Criag hiring Loyko. At least they can watch film together and prentend to each other they know what they’re looking at. Great day for sportz media.

He said he’s “done” with analytics? Why not just admit you don’t understand them and have no desire to learn? As long as you can get noticed for mooning over Tom Brady who needs to know anything about actual sports anyhow. Twink’s shtick is ponderous.

Isn’t peer pressure also a likely reason? Who does Reimer work with that embraces analytics? Instead of potentially disagreeing with Buck or Ordway, he can join in when they make fun analytics.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

I think there’s a juvenile “share the popcorn” joke hidden in this scenario.

Feejis
    Participant

Good for Joe Kelly’s bonafides in the locker room or whatever. I guess that’s good.

Still – you throw a 95mph fastball at someone on purpose, you’re a turd.

jforb
    Participant

He said he’s “done” with analytics? Why not just admit you don’t understand them and have no desire to learn? As long as you can get noticed for mooning over Tom Brady who needs to know anything about actual sports anyhow. Twink’s shtick is ponderous.

Isn’t peer pressure also a likely reason? Who does Reimer work with that embraces analytics? Instead of potentially disagreeing with Buck or Ordway, he can join in when they make fun analytics.

Wouldn’t peer pressure in that group mean being pushed to be a contrarian ahole?

Hacksaw
    Participant

I thought Karim Garcia deserved it.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Can’t really decide which Radio Yellow Brick Road to take:

– crazy speculation on the future regarding the near-certain beanball wars that will haunt the 2018 baseball season

or

– crazy speculation on the past and what if Brady had given Bob Kraft enough doubt about his commitment to playing until age 73 to enable the team to keep Jimmy G.

Aaaaa, screw it. I’ll go back to my usual: “What if Sally Martins’ mom hadn’t forgotten her purse and returned to get it unexpectedly?

chicowalker
    Participant

“you can never have too much pitching” isn’t analytics? :blink:

TwoTimes
    Participant

I thought Karim Garcia deserved it.

Who is Karim Garcia?

InThisTown
    Participant

Pedro Martinez is my hero for throwing 95 MPH fastballs at people.

Suzy
    Participant

The Eck thing was so overblown and there’s so many Hardo douchebags out there that I want to defend David Price. But leaving a Yankees game with finger numbness makes it tough. 😆

Yeah, I love that he abuses and disrespects the media but he sounded pretty lame describing what had “happened” last night. It’s cold, man.

Claude45
    Participant

I wish throwing baseballs at people was allowed where I work. There’s A LOT of unwrittens being breached all around me without repercussions. I need some repercussions.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Pedro Martinez is my hero for throwing 95 MPH fastballs at people.

The only bad thing is these things spawn DAYS and DAYS of “what should happen next time?” talk. Another thing Ordway is just cock-sure he’s an expert at.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I’ll drill him in the ass

Beaker
    Participant

Next thing you know I’m telling strangers ‘defense wins championships’. 

Well, it does.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Next thing you know I’m telling strangers ‘defense wins championships’. Well, it does.

Love that commercial. That’s definitely a bad sign. :-(

Callahardfoul
    Participant

Janos basically took Wayne’s Fatha and made him eastern european and funny.   :dry:

Hacksaw
    Participant

Had the discussion with my 10 year old son about PED’s/Steroids all that stuff. Told him that pretty much everyone in professional sports does something to help their game good or bad. I said Pedro might be the only one I could argue that probably had the gift, where watching him pitch a regular season game was awesome.

One of my favorite games I got to see Pedro pitch was the 17 strikeout game against the Rays in 2000 where he lost.

The worse I seen him pitch was a day game against the Tigers in 04,  Sox won that day. That morning while living in CT I chose to skip work and drove up to watch the game.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by  Hacksaw.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by  Hacksaw.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Janos basically took Wayne’s Fatha and made him eastern european and funny. :dry:

I will go to the Archives if you need reminding that WF is hilarious.  :wag:   :dry:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

InThisTown
    Participant

Janos funny?

Lebron
    Participant

I’d like Pedro to throw at Janos’s head.  And at anyone who retweets him.

InThisTown
    Participant

500 likes!

:weei:

Callahardfoul
    Participant

Hot damn we got a tough crowd. I’ll think of a way to back out of thinking it’s funny shortly. Stay tuned.

InThisTown
    Participant

Janos is Yakov Smirnoff but people act like it’s Borat. Wayne’s Fatha is a million times funnier than Janos ever dreamed of being.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

500 likes! :weei:

Ok that one missed

InThisTown
    Participant

WF would be way better on the NBA than Janos.

HI @greekfreak IT’S WF. STOP PLAYING GYROBALL

chicowalker
    Participant

Janos

It might be a Gallagher (CAHF) vs Gallagher 2 (me) thing going on/onion

Lambchopper
    Participant

George Carlin had a line about how to speed up baseball. “If you get hit by a pitch , batter’s out”

Lefty

I thought they did (ineptly) try to go at Machado last year and that caused some other “only in baseball” temper tantrum?

To be honest, I’ve developed a quiet dislike for PJag for no concrete reason, just the (unproven) overall sense that he is a constant media source for anything going on in that clubhouse and the ridiculousness of his “I am a leader” speech last year.   I probably wouldn’t have hit anyone who spiked him, either.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

callahardfoul, on 07 Jan 2010 – 1:03 PM, said:
    MICKE I KNOW YOU ONLY LIKE THE PATS BUT IM IN A POOL WITH DILLWEED, DEUCEY, MIKEY P., TOM BRADY (NOT THE JELLYKNEE QB BUT THE GUY WHO I BORROWED MY MULCHA FROM), MIKE, EGGY, JOHNNY THREELEGS, AND LIKE A CUPLE OTHA GUYS FROM WAMUSET LANES TUESDAY NITE LEAGUE FOR ALL THE PLAYOFF TEAMS. I DID PICKS FOR ALL THE TEAMS THIS YEAH HEYA GOES.

JETS VERSE SINSY I LIKE THE JETS BECAUSE REX SHOWS EMOSHUN PLUS SMAHTS AND THATS WHAT WINS CHAMPIUNSHIPS. PLUS THE BENGAYS I CALL EM HAHAH HAD ONE RECEEVA DIE AND THE OTHA WON CHAD IS MEXICAN SO NO WAY DOES HE LIKE TEH COLD.

PACKAS VURSE CAHDINULLS I SAY IT DEPENDS ON WEAH ITS BEIN PLAYED. ITS A PICK THEM.

PATS VERSE RAVENS PROBABLY BILL WILL BE UP AND HAVE IT BE FORTH AND TOO AND DESIDE TO GO FOR IT ON OUR OWN WON JUST TO BE FUNNY BUT ITS NOT FUNNY ITS SERIUS AND THEYAFOYA I TAKE BALTIMOAH WITH A HEVY HAHT.

EGALS VERSE COWBOYS DONT KNOW.

SO WINNA ENDS UP GETTING LIKE A HUNDRED BONES PLUS OTHER STUFF. DONT EVEN MATTA IF I WIN CUZ DOTTIE HAS PROBLY ALREDY SPENT THE MONEY AT THE FESSUNT LANE MALL. THIS IS JUST FOR THE SPOART OF IT AND COMRODOREE. SO FEEL FREE TO USE MY PICKS JUST GIVE ME A FUTNOAT.

callahardfoul, on 20 Jan 2010 – 3:03 PM, said:
    MIKEY I DONT NOMALLY LIKE TO GET PALITCAL BUT I HEAHD THEYA WAS AN ELECTION COMIN UP IN THE BAY STATE. APHARENTLY SOME FANCY FELLA WITH A GIANT DAUGHTA IS TAKIN ON SOME LITTLE DEFENSELESS TROLL GUY. IM DEFINTATELY GONNA VOTE AND I ENCURRAGE YOU TO DO SO MABEY NOT THIS WEEK BUT VERY SOON I NO YOUR BUSY WITH DRAFT STUFF. SPEAKIN OF DEFENCELES BILL BETTA GET SOME COCHES IN HEYA IF THEY WANNA FEELED A DEFENCE NEXT YEAH. RITE NOW OWA DEFESNIVE COOARDINATER IS A WOMAN. I NEVA SEEN HER BUT HER NAME IS PATRISHA LIKE MY DEAR ANT BUT LET ME TELL YOU ANTIE PATTY COODNT SKEEM UP NOTHIN TO STOP UNCLE OOGIE WHEN HE WANTED TO MAKE SECKS TO HER. THATS WHY I GOT I THINK SIX CUZZINS. COME TO THINK OF IT MY COUZIN NOREEN COULD PROBABLY TAKE VINNY WILFORTS SPOT IF HE WALKS.

callahardfoul, on 01 Feb 2010 – 6:49 PM, said:
    MICKAEL!!!! I DONT GET IT ANYMOAH. I TURNED ON THE PROFESHUNAL BOWL YESTADAY AND MOSS AND BRADY REFUSE TO PLAY IN IT CUZ ITS NOT IN HAWHYEE. WHAT HAS THIS TEAM COME TO IT USED TO BE AN HONA TO PLAY IN WHAT I CALL THE PRO BOLL WHEYA YOU WOOD GET TO WEAH THOSE RED AND WHITE AND BLU UNYS BERMAN WOOD BE LIKE BAKC BACK BACK JERRY SPICY RICE WITH THAT TUCHDOWN HE COOLD GO ALL THE WAY. I LOVED THAT HOW BERMAN HAS A NIKNAME FOR EVERYONE AND HUYS FROM DIFFERNT TEAMS WOOD PLAY TOGETHA LIKE ONE YEAH BLEDSO WAS THE QB AND KRIBBET WAS TEH RECEEVA AND THEY HOOKED UP FOR LIKE FOAHHUNDRED YAHDS LIKE THE MINNESOTA GAME AND BERMAN WAS LIKE WAYNES WORLD KRIBBET FROM DREW CAREY BLEDSO TUCHDOWN AMERICAN LEEG! NOW NO WON FROM THE PATS CARES ANYMOAH AND ONLY WILFOAK SHOWS UP HE MINE AS WELL STAY IN MYAMMY SINCE HELL PROBABLY GET TRADED BY THE PATS FOR ALL THE SECOND ROUND PICKS THIS YEAH. I CALL HIM VINCE WONTSPOON WILLFOAK CUZ HE EATS SO MUCH AND LIKELY HAS A PREDISPOSISHUN FOR PRONGED CUTLEREY.

callahardfoul, on 06 Feb 2010 – 12:02 PM, said:
    Myke I think you gotta go saynts becouse Im sick and tiyad of the mannin familey. I mean jezus they get to the supa bol and the oreo bol verse the trump and then they sell sonies tvs and I like magnavox dammit. The only thing breeze advatizes for is that espn add where he can’t fit his mobil home threw the espn toll. I been theya beleeve me imagine tryin to get to hamptin beech and yah home is causin a 75 cah backup because of one little patrick patriut doll sawderd on to your roof. Plus breeze has that birthmahk on his face just like dotties on her inna thigh jowel that looks like bob newhaht. Advantige saynts.

Sorry my typins all messt up my computas screwed so in typin this on my kids sellula.

callahardfoul, on 09 Feb 2010 – 11:34 AM, said:
    MICE DID YOU WACH THE BOL??? GREAT GAME BUT I GOT A QUESTION ABOUT HAFTIME. I THOT I SAW THE HOO THEYA. DIDNT ONE OF THEM GET IN TRUBLE FOR PEDIFEELYA??? WHAT A WEERDO. I MEAN I LOVE KIDS DONT GET ME WRONG BUT I DONT WANNA FCUK ANY OF THEM. ANYWAZE I WAS THINKIN THE NEXT SUPA BOL THEY SHOULD GET STEVE WONDA. IF HE WAS SHY ABOUT THE CORWD THEY COULD JUST TELL HIM HE WAS AT THE HAT SHELL OR SOMETHIN SO HE WOODNT BE NERVUS. SPEEKIN OF NERVUS I WAS BITIN MY NAYLS SUNDAY NIGHT SINCE I HAD THE OVA MINUS 56 SUNDAE NIGHT. IRONIKLY I THOUGHT THAT MEANT THAT THE GAME HAD OT BE OVA IN 56 MINUTS AND THOT THAT WAS RIDICULIUS. RIGHT AGAIN BUT NO CHECK YET. THEY COULD ALSO GET ERNIE BOK JUNYA TO DO HAFTIME WITH HIS BAND WITH EPSTEEN OR WHOEVA IS IN THAT. WITH ALL THE TOYOATAS BEIN REKALLED THEY GOT PLENTY OF TIME TO PLAY GITAR. SORRY FOR THE POLITKAL COMMENTARY MIKE HAPPY PRECEDENTS DAY.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar