Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/13/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 30 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 8 months ago.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Bruins won game 1. Sox beat Yankees. Go us.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

The B’s brought the Juice last night. Good to see. Gotta keep it up.

Participant

:lol:

Belichick: “I noticed on that schedule there are no games in May. … It looks like the regular season is going to start in September.”
    Belichick: “The whole draft-need thing, I don’t really understand that. You put a card up on a board, and it doesn’t mean he is a good player.”

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

chicowalker
    Participant

soldernate…soldernate…soldier ape?

Coma
    Participant

Why can’t Belichick just let these players be themselves instead of forcing them to be what he wants?!!?

BrianInLA
    Participant

Jesus…ITT was correct on The Twitter about reading this.

jforb
    Participant

Did Loyko mean inexperienced or is this just (extra) nonsense?

Due to a combination of injuries, lack of high draft picks, and “misses” the Patriots were left with a thinner roster (especially on defense) and one that was forced to plug holes with experienced players, many of whom were less than ideal fits.

+14 to 8027

BrianInLA
    Participant

Did Loyko mean inexperienced or is this just (extra) nonsense?

Due to a combination of injuries, lack of high draft picks, and “misses” the Patriots were left with a thinner roster (especially on defense) and one that was forced to plug holes with experienced players, many of whom were less than ideal fits.

+14 to 8027

People are really paying actual money for this insight?

It would be sweet if, after getting 4 picks for Patterson in 2013 (which resulted in Collins, Ryan, Boyce and part of the compensation to Tampa for Blount), the Pats then get Patterson at his best.

Postscript: The 3rd rounder the Pats got for Collins from Cleveland was part of the trade to get Cooks last year. So ultimately – over the course of six years – the equation was the Pats’ 2013 1st, 2017 1st, 2018 4th and Jeff Demps for 4 years of Collins, one year of Cooks, Ryan, Boyce, Blount, and the 23rd and 198th picks this year. Plus technically, Blount was part of the free agency math that netted them the comp 4th rounder they traded to the Rams along with Cooks.

Long story short: they know what the fuck they’re doing.

chicowalker
    Participant

It would be sweet if, after getting 4 picks for Patterson in 2013 (which resulted in Collins, Ryan, Boyce and part of the compensation to Tampa for Blount), the Pats then get Patterson at his best. Postscript: The 3rd rounder the Pats got for Collins from Cleveland was part of the trade to get Cooks last year. So ultimately – over the course of six years – the equation was the Pats’ 2013 1st, 2017 1st, 2018 4th and Jeff Demps for 4 years of Collins, one year of Cooks, Ryan, Boyce, Blount, and the 23rd and 198th picks this year. Plus technically, Blount was part of the free agency math that netted them the comp 4th rounder they traded to the Rams along with Cooks. Long story short: they know what the fuck they’re doing.

counterpoint: sack$/WEAOPNZZ

Major Intangibles
    Participant

‘Why aren’t the Patriots trying to get high draft picks?’

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Lebron
    Participant

Noticed that Kurt Rambis got canned along with Hornacek yesterday.  I get an inordinate amount of joy every time Kurt fucking Rambis gets fired, which happens a lot.

Participant

Noticed that Kurt Rambis got canned along with Hornacek yesterday. I get an inordinate amount of joy every time Kurt fucking Rambis gets fired, which happens a lot.

Both NY tabs think that Glenn Rivers would be a swell replacement.

:ohmy:

Lefty

That’s can’t be.  Cap is crap.  You just sign the players and keep them all, paying them whatever they want.

Yahtzee
    Participant

That’s actually the lower-priced, Hindi cousin of Dez.

BSF34
    Participant

INTRIST?

Wait, what?

jforb
    Participant

Noticed that Kurt Rambis got canned along with Hornacek yesterday. I get an inordinate amount of joy every time Kurt fucking Rambis gets fired, which happens a lot.

Both NY tabs think that Glenn Rivers would be a swell replacement.

From that long story a couple days ago, sounds like Simmons

I didn’t want to be here with these guys,” Rivers says. “I wanted to coach, but this team was a hard team to coach.”

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Dev have Eight ten arms like Kali? Uniform staff won’t like that.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by  Major Intangibles. Reason: For clarity. Still not funny, though

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Johnny Damon is on “Dancing with the Stars”?  :blink:   :blink:

Claude45
    Participant

Look guys, it’s NFL draft time and the Pats need PLAYMAKERS. Enough trying to out smart everybody. Just stay where you are and make the picks Bill. Stop being too cute.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Dev have Eight ten arms like Kali? Uniform staff won’t like that.

Wow. Ten hands? He must get dinged for a lot of offensive PI calls.  He could hold all the DBs in a nickel package with ten hands.

Participant

“His idea of fun is kicking your ass.”

Martellus Bennett on Tom Brady

jforb
    Participant

Guess it was in the what I have got to lose category but Sanchize suspended for PEDs.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Bennett was on Trevor Noah this week pimping his new kids book and comes off as a really cool guy.  Really loves the pats and when asked what his goal was now that he’s out of football he said “open a theme park” and he was 100 percent serious.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Word Press hates me and won’t let me reply “And Kevin Kennedy isn’t?” To Laszlo’s Dancing post.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Day after day we hear how the dastardly coach in Foxboro is thinking about how to screw the GOAT and in Dallas it looks like they actually did it.

Lebron
    Participant

Guess it was in the what I have got to lose category but Sanchize suspended for PEDs.

Immediately thought of Gammo’s comment that PEDs can’t help you hit a baseball.  They sure as shit didn’t help Sanchez throw a football

Lebron
    Participant

Bennett was on Trevor Noah this week pimping his new kids book and comes off as a really cool guy. Really loves the pats and when asked what his goal was now that he’s out of football he said “open a theme park” and he was 100 percent serious.

Thought he was good on the FS1 morning show segment I saw.  Pains me to say but Cris Carter asked him a good question about joining the Patriots and playing for Bill as a veteran player versus being drafted and playing there as your first experience in the league and which players do better.  Obviously there are examples of both but better than the standard fare of tell us how inhuman Bill really is garbage

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar