Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/19/2018 Do not self gloss.

This topic contains 64 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 9 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 65 total)
  • Author

Hacksaw
    Participant

Does the Ax from Portland still call the jungle?

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

K&C accusing Kevin Cullen of some Barnicle shit about the marathon bombing. Cullen went on BBC Radio the day after and described how a Boston firefighter friend helped the Richard family immediately after the blast when it was somebody else. Also wrote a misleading article for the Irish Times. Why this is coming up five years later, I don’t know.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Participant

Why didn’t TNT have Pete King break the news of Pop’s wife’s death to Bron-Bron?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

It’s shocking that the curly-haired Voice of the Boston Sporting Experience is actually in Toronto covering the Bruins’ playoff series. Would have figured that he’d have opted for a nice April road trip to Anaheim and the Bay Area.  Maybe his kid doesn’t live out there anymore …

InThisTown
    Participant

Our crack squad could have cracked this story wide open in ten minutes. It’s insane how transparent and obvious his fabrications are.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I’m assuming that with the Red Sox off to the best start in team history and the B’s and C’s in the playoffs that shit-ass morning show has noting else to talk about.

BrianInLA
    Participant

They’ll start talking about the Sox as soon as Pjag returns and they all of sudden lose 8 in a row.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Our crack squad could have cracked this story wide open in ten minutes. It’s insane how transparent and obvious his fabrications are.

K&C are very busy working on race relations and hunting down diddlers. Sometimes their war on the Globe takes a back seat.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Got this tweet out of it:

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Big Fat O
    Participant

I’m assuming that with the Red Sox off to the best start in team history and the B’s and C’s in the playoffs that shit-ass morning show has noting else to talk about.

No better down the dial.

jforb
    Participant

PFT: Poll of agents has Bruce Allen as least-trusted executive
    Wordpress!

Also I see with a Jets-Lions opener, they’re following through on improving Monday night games.

chicowalker
    Participant

Has Peter King commented on any schedule weirdness?

The Bills and the Dolphins play twice in 17 days, then don’t play again for at least 315

Lebron
    Participant

Saw highlights of last night’s game and gun to my head I would have sworn JD Martinez was a left handed hitter.  Good to see the baseball bona fides dwindling, here’s hoping the same happens with the NFL.

Participant

11/11 in Nashville?

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Saw highlights of last night’s game and gun to my head I would have sworn JD Martinez was a left handed hitter. Good to see the baseball bona fides dwindling, here’s hoping the same happens with the NFL.

You always come back to baseball, bronnie.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

BrianInLA
    Participant

After the Sox go 150-12 its going to create a whole new generation of fan who will then expect it every season. Similar to what happened to the Pats.

Participant

After the Sox go 150-12 its going to create a whole new generation of fan who will then expect it every season. Similar to what happened to the Pats.

Doesn’t matter Brian, unless they read this.

Image result for likeability

chicowalker
    Participant

Mazz conceding yesterday the Sox might be a 90 win team.  Even before last night’s win, they only had to play .520 ball for the rest of the season to win 90

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

11/11 in Nashville would suck. I’d love to go to that game but 11/11 is the wife Birthday and would make that trip a tough sell around the house. :wall:

Suzy
    Participant

K&C accusing Kevin Cullen of some Barnicle shit about the marathon bombing. Cullen went on BBC Radio the day after and described how a Boston firefighter friend helped the Richard family immediately after the blast when it was somebody else. Also wrote a misleading article for the Irish Times. Why this is coming up five years later, I don’t know.

Oh, so that’s what that was all about–they (K)  promised to continue to be all over this development tomorrow as well. Not sure why they hate Cullen; is there a history there? And man, if this is true, did Cullen not learn anything from The Plagiarist and a host of other Globies who went down in flames over this very issue? :blink:

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Oh, so that’s what that was all about–they (K) promised to continue to be all over this development tomorrow as well. Not sure why they hate Cullen; is there a history there? And man, if this is true, did Cullen not learn anything from The Plagiarist and a host of other Globies who went down in flames over this very issue? :blink:

When has the media ever learned a lesson from anything?  How long we been doing this? :lol:

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Has the NFL scheduled an 11/11 game (kickoff 11 a.m. local time) In Flanders Field(s) to mark the 100th anniversary of the end of The Great War?

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
    Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
    Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
    We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie
    In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
    To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.*
    If ye break faith with us who die
    We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
    In Flanders fields.

*This is the motto that hangs in the Montreal Canadiens’ home dressing room. Poem is by Canadian John McCrae.

Feejis
    Participant

Oh, so that’s what that was all about–they (K) promised to continue to be all over this development tomorrow as well. Not sure why they hate Cullen; is there a history there? And man, if this is true, did Cullen not learn anything from The Plagiarist and a host of other Globies who went down in flames over this very issue? :blink:

Cullen has probably written negative stuff about their show. Either way, even with a shitty messenger, it’s fun to see stuff like this. Guy has no shame.

Coma
    Participant

I’m sure there are other things to consider, but one thing I don’t want to see when their schedule is released is 3 road games in a row as part of a stretch of 5 out of 6 away from home. That’s something that the “The league is in the tank for the Cheatriots” crowd ignored.

Then again, it may not matter since Brady, Belichick, and Kraft all hate each other and won’t be around this season.

Participant

“The bottom line? Both stations should brag. They combined to earn more than 20 percent of the listening audience over the winter, an achievement that has become so common that it’s easy to forget how remarkable frightening it is.” Fixed that for you Waxpack

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar