Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/2/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 56 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  328 Chauncey St 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 57 total)
  • Author

Lebron
    Participant

It feels like most draft day/near draft day trades are of the highly unpredictable/didn’t see that coming variety.  Pretty much since forever.  I’m still stunned the Patriots moved up to the top pick in 1984.  Anyone attempting to predict this shit is a humongous fuckhead.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Fatty using Chris Simms to rate the QB’s in the draft is the epitome of cluelessness. Some other gems:

It’s bad out there. NFLN was on in the background yesterday. They actually did another waste-of-time mock draft, but then brought in their “fantasy expert” to assess the “fantasy implications” of the mock draft they just did. Just when you think you’ve reached peak bullshit, it actually gets worse.

Someone, maybe Feejis, noted the new ridiculous trend of trades appearing in mock drafts. It’s not enough for “draft experts” to predict how each team will make their selection (and, unlike St. Will McDonough, be wrong 90% of the time), they’re now imagining trades that will never happen and making choices based on that.

Fatty did a mock trade that had the Giants trading both Beckham and the #2 pick and getting three firsts back…then he added an exclamation at his made up shit. Three! :wall:

Wait, Peter King thinks that Kevin Costner movie is real?!?

“Hey, what’s the name of that kid in Jacksonville, again?”

“Unrealistic Literary Device, I think.”

“Necessary Dupe to Move the Highly Dubious Plot?”

“Let’s just name him after somebody who would find it believable.”

“So, Peter then?”

Yahtzee
    Participant

Thanks Red Seat, that really clarifies what’s been banging around in my brain. I actually made a small bet on Nova vs Kansas that has covered my entry fees, so your first scenario is a true break even.

Your original post hurt my brain. Redseat deserves a PhD.

chicowalker
    Participant

Thanks Red Seat, that really clarifies what’s been banging around in my brain. I actually made a small bet on Nova vs Kansas that has covered my entry fees, so your first scenario is a true break even.

Your original post hurt my brain. Redseat deserves a PhD.

:lol:   agreed 100%.  I had Virginia and their stupid defense/pace making the final, thus the low total.

Lebron
    Participant

The Sedin sisters retiring together is perfect.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Fatty using Chris Simms to rate the QB’s in the draft is the epitome of cluelessness. Some other gems:

It’s bad out there. NFLN was on in the background yesterday. They actually did another waste-of-time mock draft, but then brought in their “fantasy expert” to assess the “fantasy implications” of the mock draft they just did. Just when you think you’ve reached peak bullshit, it actually gets worse.

Someone, maybe Feejis, noted the new ridiculous trend of trades appearing in mock drafts. It’s not enough for “draft experts” to predict how each team will make their selection (and, unlike St. Will McDonough, be wrong 90% of the time), they’re now imagining trades that will never happen and making choices based on that.

Fatty did a mock trade that had the Giants trading both Beckham and the #2 pick and getting three firsts back…then he added an exclamation at his made up shit. Three! :wall:

Wait, Peter King thinks that Kevin Costner movie is real?!?

He probably has a Kevin Costner autographed baseball.

Lebron
    Participant

Was going to make a joke when I saw that the Counting Crows are doing a 25th anniversary tour that I must have missed the Live 25th anny tour then I read that Live is that opening act on the bill.  Holy fucking horrible.

Claude45
    Participant

The next selection for the BSMW book club has been released.

https://whdh.com/news/boston-museum-releases-new-book-about-infamous-art-heist/

NASCL
    Participant

1st Place at BSMW Halloween party for 15 consecutive years.

Lebron
    Participant

Put another rule of the unwrittens on the board

Minnesota Twins players were upset Sunday that Baltimore Orioles catcher Chance Sisco bunted against the shift for a hit in the ninth inning of Minnesota’s 7-0 victory.

With one out in the ninth, Sisco bunted toward the vacant left side of the infield to get on base. The Orioles eventually loaded the bases, but Jose Berrios worked out of trouble, getting Jonathan Schoop to pop out to the catcher and Adam Jones to strike out to complete the three-hit shutout.

Despite that, Twins second baseman Brian Dozier spoke out about Sisco’s bunt after the game.

“I could’ve said something, but they have tremendous veteran leadership over there, with Chris Davis, Adam Jones and those guys,” Dozier told reporters. “I’m sure they’ll address it and move forward.”

Berrios added to reporters: “I don’t care if he’s bunting. I just know it’s not good for baseball in that situation. That’s it.”

So you put a shift on that left the 3rd base side empty and you’re mad he hit/bunted it over to where you weren’t, he was supposed to hit it at you instead?  Go tit.

Hacksaw
    Participant

“I could’ve said something, but they have tremendous veteran leadership over there, with Chris Davis, Adam Jones and those guys,” Dozier told reporters. “I’m sure they’ll address it and move forward.”

Guys who could kick my ass.

Participant

Besides their super duper outstanding veteran leadership, they have this guy leading the way as manager.

See the source image

Claude45
    Participant

Minnesota Twins players were upset Sunday that Baltimore Orioles catcher Chance Sisco bunted against the shift for a hit in the ninth inning of Minnesota’s 7-0 victory. With one out in the ninth, Sisco bunted toward the vacant left side of the infield to get on base. The Orioles eventually loaded the bases, but Jose Berrios worked out of trouble, getting Jonathan Schoop to pop out to the catcher and Adam Jones to strike out to complete the three-hit shutout. Despite that, Twins second baseman Brian Dozier spoke out about Sisco’s bunt after the game. “I could’ve said something, but they have tremendous veteran leadership over there, with Chris Davis, Adam Jones and those guys,” Dozier told reporters. “I’m sure they’ll address it and move forward.” Berrios added to reporters: “I don’t care if he’s bunting. I just know it’s not good for baseball in that situation. That’s it.”

So you put a shift on that left the 3rd base side empty and you’re mad he hit/bunted it over to where you weren’t, he was supposed to hit it at you instead? Go tit.

That is insane. What a bunch of pussies. Why isn’t is a breach of the unwrittens to put on a shift on up 7-0? Your gimmick is ok but his isn’t? Why is the shift so great for baseball?

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by  Claude45.

Coma
    Participant

Costner’s the son of a minor league ball player, set the minor league home run record as a catcher and then pitched a perfect game at Yankee stadium as a member of the Tigers. Pretty good autograph to get.

Suzy
    Participant

Minnesota Twins players were upset Sunday that Baltimore Orioles catcher Chance Sisco bunted against the shift for a hit in the ninth inning of Minnesota’s 7-0 victory. With one out in the ninth, Sisco bunted toward the vacant left side of the infield to get on base. The Orioles eventually loaded the bases, but Jose Berrios worked out of trouble, getting Jonathan Schoop to pop out to the catcher and Adam Jones to strike out to complete the three-hit shutout. Despite that, Twins second baseman Brian Dozier spoke out about Sisco’s bunt after the game. “I could’ve said something, but they have tremendous veteran leadership over there, with Chris Davis, Adam Jones and those guys,” Dozier told reporters. “I’m sure they’ll address it and move forward.” Berrios added to reporters: “I don’t care if he’s bunting. I just know it’s not good for baseball in that situation. That’s it.”

So you put a shift on that left the 3rd base side empty and you’re mad he hit/bunted it over to where you weren’t, he was supposed to hit it at you instead? Go tit.

That is insane. What a bunch of pussies. Why isn’t is a breach of the unwrittens to put on a shift on up 7-0? Your gimmick is ok but his isn’t? Why is the shift so great for baseball?

What a joke. Whaaaaaaa  :wag:

Has Fatty chimed in yet?  :pk:

Kingasaurus
    Participant

How about the only unwritten rule is do whatever the fuck you want and stop whining. You want to bunt when the pitcher has a bum knee? Go right ahead. Baseball guys are always the worst with this shit.

jforb
    Participant

Further quote that seems even nuttier to me:

When they didn’t hold our runner on [in the top of the ninth inning], they conceded to the fact they didn’t want us to steal, so we didn’t steal. We could have very easily stolen and put up more runs, so therefore in return you don’t bunt. That’s what everybody is missing in this whole thing.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

How about the only unwritten rule is do whatever the fuck you want and stop whining. You want to bunt when the pitcher has a bum knee? Go right ahead. Baseball guys are always the worst with this shit.

Complaining about a breach of baseball’s unwritten rules is also a  breach of the unwrittens.  :wag:   :pk:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Baseball is the pussiest of all sports

Big Fat O
    Participant

So Utility Lou thinks Horford sucks so Draper is getting into it with him.

Draper needs to tell Lou if he was half as good as Horford he may have stayed in the majors.

I wonder if taking shit from ex players who couldn’t make is worse than Loser media members.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Costner’s the son of a minor league ball player, set the minor league home run record as a catcher and then pitched a perfect game at Yankee stadium as a member of the Tigers. Pretty good autograph to get.

You forgot he was Sonny Crockett’s head case caddy in that charity golf tournament!

Lebron
    Participant

Why even play a shift up 7-0?  The whole thing sounds like a Hardo Little League game

Lebron
    Participant

The Masters really knows how to gay it up.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Lebron wrote:

The Sedin sisters retiring together is perfect.

Has anyone ever counted how many times in their career one of them was on the ice without the other?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar