Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/2/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 56 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  328 Chauncey St 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 51 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author

Coma
    Participant

Put another rule of the unwrittens on the board

Minnesota Twins players were upset Sunday that Baltimore Orioles catcher Chance Sisco bunted against the shift for a hit in the ninth inning of Minnesota’s 7-0 victory. With one out in the ninth, Sisco bunted toward the vacant left side of the infield to get on base. The Orioles eventually loaded the bases, but Jose Berrios worked out of trouble, getting Jonathan Schoop to pop out to the catcher and Adam Jones to strike out to complete the three-hit shutout. Despite that, Twins second baseman Brian Dozier spoke out about Sisco’s bunt after the game. “I could’ve said something, but they have tremendous veteran leadership over there, with Chris Davis, Adam Jones and those guys,” Dozier told reporters. “I’m sure they’ll address it and move forward.” Berrios added to reporters: “I don’t care if he’s bunting. I just know it’s not good for baseball in that situation. That’s it.”

So you put a shift on that left the 3rd base side empty and you’re mad he hit/bunted it over to where you weren’t, he was supposed to hit it at you instead? Go tit.

That is insane. What a bunch of pussies. Why isn’t is a breach of the unwrittens to put on a shift on up 7-0? Your gimmick is ok but his isn’t? Why is the shift so great for baseball?

The whiners in this won the game easily. It didn’t cost them a win or a even a shutout. It didn’t ruin a perfect game, a career milestone or something that could be tied to contract incentives. If the Twins hadn’t complained about it (including their announcers suggesting the Orioles player get plunked the next time they play), no one would have known it happened.

chicowalker
    Participant

Let this be the final score. No more points!  :ohmy:   :lol:

Humphrey
    Participant

Nova and the under looking good w/10 min left.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Nova and the under looking good w/10 min left.

Not no mo

chicowalker
    Participant

The unders still hitting most likely, just not where I need it  :ozzy:

red seat did likely save me $250 in not hedging the over

chicowalker
    Participant

6 fucking points  :weei:

328 Chauncey St
    Participant

6 fucking points :weei:

Viewing 7 posts - 51 through 57 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar