Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/20/2020 – 4/26/2020 Weekly Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 164 total)
  • Author
    chicowalker
    Participant

I forgot the Pats even had a first round pick to trade last night.  So glad they did just to upset Lou Merloni.  let the culling of the big Pats fans (since 2001) continue

Lebron
    Participant

I hate the Packers but love that they drafted a QB.  Rodgers will be all ass hurt and won’t even talk to him, probably work to sabotage his progress, hopefully sets the franchise back a few years.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

I hate the Packers but love that they drafted a QB. Rodgers will be all ass hurt and won’t even talk to him, probably work to sabotage his progress, hopefully sets the franchise back a few years.

Probably figures he’s entitled to since he got that treatment from Favre.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    chicowalker
    Participant

Aaron Rodgers shown insisting Jordan Love only take QB2 snaps in minicamp.  “It’s my big arm” Rodgers yelled

Lebron
    Participant

I guess all the starting QBs want to take all the snaps in practice, have the egos that they take drafting a QB that high as an affront.  I remember when the Eagles drafted Kevin Kolb supposedly Reid had to call McNabb to explain it to calm him down/explain it.  Then you have a guy like Brady drafted in the 6th round so no way Bledsoe feels threatened by that.  You take Brady in the 2nd round then who knows.  Brady seemed to be fine with Garoppolo but instead of being offended he likely took it as a challenge.  Oh, you think I’m done?

jforb
    Participant

I hate the Packers but love that they drafted a QB. Rodgers will be all ass hurt and won’t even talk to him, probably work to sabotage his progress, hopefully sets the franchise back a few years.

Isn’t that his thing?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Humphrey
    Participant

If they happen to draft the qb from Washington, Eason, happy to find out that his dad, Tony Eason, is not THE Tony Eason. Could not stand the constant pissing and moaning about him being the son of someone who wasn’t very good nearly 40 years ago.

Coma
    Participant

I would put more stock in Lou Merloni and his ilk’s outrage about the Patriots trading their pick if I didn’t know he was going to criticize whoever they would have selected at #23. Him bitching about the Patriots trading out of the first live, sports related event in the last 6 weeks is also absurd. The draft was on for 4 and half hours, the Patriots “robbed” him of the 10 minutes around their selection, so the other 4 hours and 20 minutes don’t count?

I would put more stock in Lou Merloni and his ilk’s outrage about the Patriots trading their pick if I didn’t know he was going to criticize whoever they would have selected at #23. Him bitching about the Patriots trading out of the first live, sports related event in the last 6 weeks is also absurd. The draft was on for 4 and half hours, the Patriots “robbed” him of the 10 minutes around their selection, so the other 4 hours and 20 minutes don’t count?

He was robbed of being able to bitch about their picks today. He was already going to bitch about today’s picks tomorrow, so he gained nothing in the trade.

jforb
    Participant

If they happen to draft the qb from Washington, Eason, happy to find out that his dad, Tony Eason, is not THE Tony Eason. Could not stand the constant pissing and moaning about him being the son of someone who wasn’t very good nearly 40 years ago.

Like that’s going to stop them from making the comparison

Coma
    Participant

I’m glad that the Patriots are no longer involved, but the fallout from the Brady “illegally” visiting Byron Leftwich story is predictably moronic. In Florio’s article his anonymous source mentions that Brady had a duffel bag, “probably” full of footballs. Now, I see tweets acting like that’s a fact. Leftwich, a former QB and current NFL coach wouldn’t have any footballs at his house? And what are Brady and Leftwich going to do? If they play catch, there’s no need for multiple footballs. If Leftwich is coaching Brady on his form, who is he throwing to? Clyde Christensen is the Buccaneers QB coach, why wasn’t he there? It’s ridiculous that this is a controversy. Maybe Buccaneers fans will realize that the microscope that New England has been under for the past 2 decades is due more to jealousy than any actual bad behavior.

As an aside, there are 29 members of the Tampa Bay coaching staff.

chicowalker
    Participant

I always laugh at those bloated staff numbers.  How territorial do the ILB coach and OLB coach get if one speaks to one of the other’s guys? “oh, oh, oh- A-gap, that’s inside, back off!”  If the D-coordinator tries to install a 4-3 package on some plays, does the ILB coach feel threatened?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Jacobs is pushing TD Garden as a site for “neutral ice” games if the NHL season ever starts up again. It would be one of four sites in North America and would host games every day? Several games a day?  The neutral part I understand; imagine hosting a Panthers-Hurricanes tilt!

:wub: :dry:

Don’t they have to have a playable ice surface to be neutral ice?

:blink:

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I want Belichick to conduct tonight’s draft from his bed wearing his jammies.

Then on Saturday to pick while on the crapper.

Lebron
    Participant

I always laugh at those bloated staff numbers. How territorial do the ILB coach and OLB coach get if one speaks to one of the other’s guys? “oh, oh, oh- A-gap, that’s inside, back off!” If the D-coordinator tries to install a 4-3 package on some plays, does the ILB coach feel threatened?

I used to love Don Nelson and his army of like 11 assistants in Dallas.  There were more coaches than players.

Lebron
    Participant

These are the same people that associated Kraft with the food company, so the Tony Eason association would be a slam fucking dunk.

Big Fat O
    Participant

I want Belichick to conduct tonight’s draft from his bed wearing his jammies.

Then on Saturday to pick while on the crapper.

I would rather see Tits McGee in the background with the twins doing yoga in the skimest  yoga clothes available.

Lebron
    Participant

37, 71, 87, 98, 100.  That’s a lot of picks tonight.  Either package and move or reload.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Trading back to get a small college safety in the second has got me halfway to BINGO on my card already.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Gimp
    Participant

I can’t post it, but I’ve made a pic of Belichick’s dog at his computer my phone’s wallpaper.

Belichick is god.

Coma
    Participant

I can’t believe the Patriots drafted someone from that 19 Kids and Counting show.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

Thousands of 20 something’s in New England can relate to Merloni last night.

They showed up to the lyric little bandbox with dad, walked up the ramp and saw all that green and  were crushed when they learned Louwas getting the start that day because someone better needed a day off.

It all comes back to baseball.

Participant

I hope BILA enjoyed Roger pimping the new stadium.

The demand is there because Roger said it was.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Chiefs draft a player suspended 8 games by NCAA for academic violations.  What’s going on down there at Foxboro  at Arrowhead?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Word Press won’t let me respond to CS above. Jacobs is doing this because of his love of the Garden employees.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 164 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar