Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/22/2019-4/28/2019 Weekly Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

The pretzel logic here is just astounding.

32. New England: Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State

I don’t think this is the likely Patriots pick, but I don’t know who is, and I wanted to get this great player in the first round. The second-best best DT in the draft (behind Quinnen Williams) till tearing his ACL earlier this year won’t be available to play until 2020, and he’s also got some personal rehab to do after a past physical altercation with a woman.

This is exactly the kind of pick the Patriots won’t make. They lost a first-rounder and several other rookies to full-season injuries last season, they need someone to come in and play now.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Lebron, as our man in Colorado, is this for real?

Colorado (Cherry Hills Village): The city has voted to drop “Swastika Acres” from the name of a subdivision.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Hacksaw
    Participant

Colorado (Cherry Hills Village): The city has voted to drop “Swastika Acres” from the name of a subdivision.

Did the HOA get a chance to vote on it?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Swastika Acres is the place to be!
    Aryan living is the life for me.
    Illegals better go run and hide,
    Fuck Manhattan, just give me that genocide!

Participant

MULTIPLE OFFENSIVE COORDINATORS WARNING

“There’s also this matter: In the last four-and-a-half years, Rosen has been coached by six offensive architects. At UCLA beginning in the fall of 2015, Rosen had Noel Mazzone, Kennedy Polamalu and Jedd Fisch, followed in Arizona by Mike McCoy and Byron Leftwich last year and Kingsbury this year. Imagine Rosen having the same system and coach for two or three years in a row. It hasn’t happened to him since high school. Seems worth a shot to me.”

IS PROMINENT BETTER THAN CUSP OF THE BRINK?

“They’ve become not just relevant. They’ve become prominent.”

—NFL scheduling czar Howard Katz, after scheduling the Browns for four prime-time games this season, the most since they were scheduled for five in 2008. Cleveland was 10-6 in 2007.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Ray Perkins. Chris Palmer. Larry Kennan. Ernie Zampese. Charlie Weis.

Poor Drew! Five offensive architects in the eight years of 1993 through 2000. Well, eight years and two games, considering the pre-Mo Lewis part of 2001. It was a great excuse, wasn’t it?

Believe it or not, I actually ran into a guy at the start of 2014 who still believed passionately that Bledsoe was superior to Brady and had been screwed over by the Patriots. Haven’t seen him since … wonder if he still thinks that?

:weei:

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

And why Ernie Zampese was never Smokin’ Jay Cutler’s “offensive architect” is odd and sad. :lol:

Lebron
    Participant

The reason why the name was there for so long was because they needed 100 percent of the residents to agree to change it.  They recently changed it to a simple majority, as still not everyone wanted to change it.  Some lady who lost family members in the Holocaust didn’t want to change it, some bullshit tradition angle that plays well at the Masters.   I think it was the name of the company that owned and subsequently divided the land up something like 100 years ago.  The name isn’t actually on any signs or whatnot, the only people that really knew about the name were the actual landowners.  We’re talking about old old money.  Old old white money.

Participant

Speaking of old white money, I believe it’s menacing anniversary week.

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by 02062.
    NASCL
    Participant

Might want to check out Tanguay’s Twitter.

Humphrey
    Participant

As Larry David would say, is that the “good” lymphoma or the “bad” lymphoma?

Claude45
    Participant

I know I’m a terrible person but am I the only one who thinks GarBear may really enjoy having cancer? It’s treatable and he’ll get all the attention, praise and sympathy that will finally match what his level of narcissism thinks he deserves. He’ll eat up every caller with the “proud of you for your courage” comment. It could be me.

But as always, thoughts and prayers GarBear.

Suzy
    Participant

I know I’m a terrible person but am I the only one who thinks GarBear may really enjoy having cancer? It’s treatable and he’ll get all the attention, praise and sympathy that will finally match what his level of narcissism thinks he deserves. He’ll eat up every caller with the “proud of you for your courage” comment. It could be me.

No, you’re not the only one. Well said as always.

We’re both terrible people.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Tanggay is highly annoying and the less you see or hear him the better. That being said I hope he comes through ok so we can continue to ignore him.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    jforb
    Participant

Quite the shit-eating grin in the photo used in Finn’s article.

NASCL
    Participant

As Larry David would say, is that the “good” lymphoma or the “bad” lymphoma?

The bad one.

Hacksaw
    Participant

The reason why the name was there for so long was because they needed 100 percent of the residents to agree to change it. They recently changed it to a simple majority, as still not everyone wanted to change it. Some lady who lost family members in the Holocaust didn’t want to change it, some bullshit tradition angle that plays well at the Masters. I think it was the name of the company that owned and subsequently divided the land up something like 100 years ago. The name isn’t actually on any signs or whatnot, the only people that really knew about the name were the actual landowners. We’re talking about old old money. Old old white money.

No one ever comes from Old Puerto Rican money.

Lebron
    Participant

In the end, I struggled mightily with the Frank Clark trade from Seattle to Kansas City.

What a melodramatic asshole.  I struggled with a trade in my mock draft.

GusChiggins
    Participant

In the end, I struggled mightily with the Frank Clark trade from Seattle to Kansas City.

What a melodramatic asshole. I struggled with a trade in my mock draft.

Saw a headline on CBS sports front page last week: Falcons shake up first round with blockbuster (or something along those lines).

I thought hmm. Then I saw it was a mock draft. It’s like the Kramer’s Merv Griffin set – fiction is trying to replace reality. Unfortunately I don’t think we’ve bottomed out yet.

Coma
    Participant

No, you’re not the only one. Well said as always.

We’re both terrible people.

I’m extremely biased, but I don’t find that line of thinking “terrible.” I think it’s reasonable, on a personal level, to feel bad for Tanguay and to hope he makes a full recovery. At the same time, professionally, you can hope he dies in a fire.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Hopefully the Night King can raise Will McDonough for his mock draft.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    BrianInLA
    Participant

Sports Gambler Jeopardy guy now up to 13 wins with a daily average win of just over $72k.  The single day record before this guy was around 74k I believe.  He’s kind of pulling a Gretzky here.

NASCL
    Participant

Sports Gambler Jeopardy guy now up to 13 wins with a daily average win of just over $72k. The single day record before this guy was around 74k I believe. He’s kind of pulling a Gretzky here.

He should be able to parlay his Jeopardy fame and success into a profitable handicapping service.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Sports Gambler Jeopardy guy now up to 13 wins with a daily average win of just over $72k. The single day record before this guy was around 74k I believe. He’s kind of pulling a Gretzky here.

Has anyone even gotten close to making him sweat?

From Fatty’s mock:

Imagine Josh McDaniels, Chad O’Shea and Brian Daboll—the offensive brains of the AFC East—designing protections to keep Leonard Williams and Oliver from wrecking games over the next three or four years.

I had forgotten Daboll is in Buffalo. One of the alleged knocks on Belichick is that he has no coaching tree. Weis, Crennel, Mangini and McDaniels had little success when they branched out.

But Belichick guys are spread throughout the league at multiple levels: O’Brien, Flores, and Patricia (you could even include Vrabel) head coaching; Dimitroff, Bob Quinn, Jon Robinson, Jason Licht and Lionel Vital in front offices; then coordinators like Daboll, O’Shea and Crennel, who’s still the DC in Houston.

For all the shots lobbed at Belichick’s way of conducting business, they sure have no problem trying to poach his guys.

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 185 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar