Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/22/2019-4/28/2019 Weekly Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    GusChiggins
    Participant

Sports Gambler Jeopardy guy now up to 13 wins with a daily average win of just over $72k. The single day record before this guy was around 74k I believe. He’s kind of pulling a Gretzky here.

Has anyone even gotten close to making him sweat?

If I remember correctly, he’s won every game before final jeopardy. He missed a decent size daily double once that dropped him back but quickly recovered.

NASCL
    Participant

:ozzy: :ozzy: :ozzy:

Suzy
    Participant

Sports Gambler Jeopardy guy now up to 13 wins with a daily average win of just over $72k. The single day record before this guy was around 74k I believe. He’s kind of pulling a Gretzky here.

If I remember correctly, he’s won every game before final jeopardy. He missed a decent size daily double once that dropped him back but quickly recovered.

Yeah, it was fairly early in the game so he had time to recoup, which he did. Pretty sure he had “Madonna” as the answer to who’s in the videotape HOF for all-time sales in the 80s or something when the correct answer was “Jane Fonda.”  Which I GOT, making me smarter than THAT GUY for a split second! :rollseyes: :lol:   Honestly, the man is incredibly intelligent, fast, and fearless. Who’s gonna beat him?

He actually seems like a good guy, too–pretty low-key and cool, all things considered. He did say that Vegas won’t be taking his bets as readily once he starts his “normal” life again & didn’t seem to be kidding about that.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Coma
    Participant

From Fatty’s mock:

Imagine Josh McDaniels, Chad O’Shea and Brian Daboll—the offensive brains of the AFC East—designing protections to keep Leonard Williams and Oliver from wrecking games over the next three or four years.

I don’t think Williams or Oliver have blown off an interview request from PK, so he’s not going to crap on them, but you could go back a few years and re-write that as “…keep Mo Wilkerson and Quinton Coples from wrecking games…” or “Mo Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson” or “Wilkerson, Richardson and Leonard Williams.” Maybe Ed Oliver will turn out to be a HOFer, but I’ve seen this movie before with the Jets.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I’d like to congratulate the Jets in advance for drafting “the best player in the draft” who “just happened to fall to the Jets” for the 5th year in a row. (Except the Darron Lee year. Everyone knew he sucked at the time.)

GusChiggins
    Participant

Yeah, it was fairly early in the game so he had time to recoup, which he did. Pretty sure he had “Madonna” as the answer to who’s in the videotape HOF for all-time sales in the 80s or something when the correct answer was “Jane Fonda.” Which I GOT, making me smarter than THAT GUY for a split second! :rollseyes::lol:Honestly, the man is incredibly intelligent, fast, and fearless. Who’s gonna beat him?

He actually seems like a good guy, too–pretty low-key and cool, all things considered. He did say that Vegas won’t be taking his bets as readily once he starts his “normal” life again & didn’t seem to be kidding about that.

He did have Madonna on that final question. But it didn’t matter. I’ve yet to see a hole in his knowledge.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Yeah, it was fairly early in the game so he had time to recoup, which he did. Pretty sure he had “Madonna” as the answer to who’s in the videotape HOF for all-time sales in the 80s or something when the correct answer was “Jane Fonda.” Which I GOT, making me smarter than THAT GUY for a split second! :rollseyes::lol:Honestly, the man is incredibly intelligent, fast, and fearless. Who’s gonna beat him?

He did have Madonna on that final question. But it didn’t matter. I’ve yet to see a hole in his knowledge.

He’s very disciplined at not guessing, like many contestants do. He’s had more than one “perfect game” where he has zero wrong answers.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I knew Madonna wasn’t the right answer and it was a trick question but I didn’t get Jane Fonda either. What I loved was that during week 2 you could tell none of those folks had seen him play (because of how its filmed) and they were just floored by his all or nothing strategy and you could see them politely clapping for him as he built up a $50k lead early in round 2 while realizing they had zero chance against the guy. He does seem like a pretty cool guy who isn’t too full of himself. During one of the q&a sections they asked him how he got so good at the game and he said he just studied the categories where he knew he was the weakest.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I don’t really care much about the Dallas Stars and the Nashville Predators, but the third period of their game last night was as insane a period as I have ever seen in a playoff game. Up and down, intensity, net front scrambles at both ends. And no goals scored.

:lol:

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

I knew Madonna wasn’t the right answer and it was a trick question but I didn’t get Jane Fonda either. What I loved was that during week 2 you could tell none of those folks had seen him play (because of how its filmed) and they were just floored by his all or nothing strategy and you could see them politely clapping for him as he built up a $50k lead early in round 2 while realizing they had zero chance against the guy. He does seem like a pretty cool guy who isn’t too full of himself. During one of the q&a sections they asked him how he got so good at the game and he said he just studied the categories where he knew he was the weakest.

It seems like the most recent contestants are trying to co-opt his strategy, starting at the bottom, etc. They look like they know they’re just chum when they’re introduced.

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Once he’s up big he will let questions go if the others answer wrong.

Last night was insane. He was up big and hit a late daily double and went from $48k to $90+ish

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Might want to check out Tanguay’s Twitter.

Not to mention Tanguay’s prison shaved head. Have I REALLY not been watching TV much lately? On the flip side of Gary T, Ed the News Imp was sporting what he seems to hope will be a gravitas-bestowing beard last night. (It didn’t work. Sorry dog-lovers of the board, but Ed’s solicitous sincerity reaction to every evening’s Dog Story is simply overkill.)

EDIT: I missed the cancer reveal. I hope Gary fully recovers and part of his ongoing recovery is to avoid all cameras and microphones.

Lebron
    Participant

Jesus Christ the trade Pete was agonizing over yesterday just happened :lol:

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

I can’t pretend to have insight as to just how good Clark is but I can’t imagine +Clark – Ford & Houston 2 picks and $ puts them in a better  situation.   My guess is they’ve already had the best shot they will for the rest of Brady’s career.  Jax & Pit are a mess culturally, Den has Joe Flacco – I don’t see where the big AFC challenger is coming from.  Indy & Cle need to actually accomplish something for me to be worried.  I would not bet on Luck’s health or Cle’s ability to make all that skill position talent play well together.

The run is still not over.

Coma
    Participant

I can’t pretend to have insight as to just how good Clark is but I can’t imagine +Clark – Ford & Houston 2 picks and $ puts them in a better situation.

Clark is a better fit in KC’s culture of violence against women and children.

Participant

I don’t want to live in a world where two different NBA tv outlets are fighting over the services of DeWayne Wade….. :wag:

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

I can’t miss it — I’m hooked.

Very interesting how the Jeopardy staff keeps searching for a category that guy can’t ace. They haven’t found many weak spots.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

I can’t miss it — I’m hooked.

Very interesting how the Jeopardy staff keeps searching for a category that guy can’t ace. They haven’t found many weak spots.

They put the Daily Double yesterday in the clue he was most likely to pick first, trying to minimize the amount of money he had to bet. Of course he did pick that first, got it right, and away he went.

Coma
    Participant

When thatsnotwhatisaid mentioned the Seahawks receiving 2 picks, I didn’t realize they were the Chiefs 1st round pick this year and their second round pick next year. By comparison, the Patriots received a second round pick for Chandler Jones. If you look at the production by Clark and Jones over the first 4 years of their careers, they are pretty close, with Jones having a slight edge.

If I was an enterprising journalist with access to anonymous sources, I’d get started on my article about how the rest of the league has colluded to low ball the Patriots on trades.

Participant

Le’veon didn’t show up for ota’s and Manish is disappointed.

Lebron
    Participant

I don’t want to live in a world where two different NBA tv outlets are fighting over the services of DeWayne Wade….. :wag:

I’m laughing that Peyton turned down ESPN for MNF, like McDonough he said the product is terrible.  Looks like Tess and Boog!

Lebron
    Participant

Was reading something on the Frank Clark trade

The Chiefs lost 37-31 in overtime in the AFC Championship Game to New England after losing the coin flip to begin the extra period and failing to stop the Patriots from driving for the winning touchdown.

I don’t recall any description of an overtime game like this beyond that the final score was attained in overtime.  “After losing the coin flip” what the fuck?  Who cares who won or lost the coin flip unless you’re one of those boo hoo it isn’t fair fucking weirdos?

Participant

I keep reading/hearing how easy the schedule is for next year – where’s weirdo Peter King to tell me how many other teams have 4 games over 21 days?

Turd Furguson
    Participant

Rask was outstanding tonight.    Takes a strong 3rd and 4th line to win the Stanley Cup.    It’s there for the taking!!

8 users thanked author for this post.
    howzie
    Participant

In the end, I struggled mightily with the Frank Clark trade from Seattle to Kansas City.

What a melodramatic asshole. I struggled with a trade in my mock draft.

Saw a headline on CBS sports front page last week: Falcons shake up first round with blockbuster (or something along those lines).

I thought hmm. Then I saw it was a mock draft. It’s like the Kramer’s Merv Griffin set – fiction is trying to replace reality. Unfortunately I don’t think we’ve bottomed out yet.

Nah.

Somebody RTd “Murph” into my TL .

“I haven’t been around, I’ve been working on my draft” WTF is it with these guys playing GM? Isn’t dressing as my little pony easier?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 185 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar